PS3 webMAN MOD Update Includes 4.75 DEX Support

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Tranced, Aug 15, 2015.

By Tranced on Aug 15, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. 1,300
    Tranced

Tranced Programmer Super Moderator

Programmer
    (UPDATED) Just after the update to ManaGunZ here is another great update for PlayStation 3 custom firmware users. Developer Matsumot0 dropped by our forums with a update to webMAN MOD. The update will be welcomed by DEX custom firmware/console users as support for it comes to version 4.75. Also changed in webMAN MOD version 1.42.02 is the disabling of the fan control on first boot. Italian language support is also updated.[break]sss[/break]

Update: webMAN MOD has been updated once again (v1.42.03) by Matsumot0 and also with some changes provided by Aldostools, view details below:

webmanmodred.png

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Tranced, Aug 15, 2015.

1. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      I just want to mention that all people that yelling that fan noise using webman is like a jet, now should be happy.
    2. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
      Aldos send me some corrections and added features i will merge his changes tonight.
    3. Tranced
      Tranced
      I miss Aldo been as active as he was. I do see him participating though, better that than nothing :) Thanks for the info.
    4. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
      Yes still active in the shadow :D

- Complete support for 4.60 DEX
      - Added new memory footprint profil MAX+ (1280KB)
      - Corrected some offsets patch for 4.75dex
      - Added Osirisx's changes for his plugin (PS3XPAD)
      - Redirect net_host/PKG to app_home to allow install pkg files using the combo for net0/net1
      - BD/DVD regions now also show the country/region (in addition to code)
      - Now XMB is sorted by first 6 letters, instead of first 4 letters.
      - The function that read the registry is now a general purpose function (with small optimizations)
      - Changed some hard coded numbers to defined constants (e.g. SC_COBRA_SYSCALL8, MAX_XMB_ITEMS)
      - Small bug fix in line that says: //net0/net1/net2
      - Other small fixes that I don't remember

Coming, thanks aldo for his personal changelog.
      Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    5. epicboy
      epicboy
      What's this "fan disabled on first boot" stuff? Can someone elaborate please?
    6. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
      That's simple, without any old configuration detected your console fan is now disabled.
    7. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Webman have own fan control option (called dynamic.) in this release this is dissabled like cobra on latest rebug. You need to go in to webman setting and enable it if you want. If no than PS3 use original sony payload from ofw to control fan speed.

Edit: And like [MENTION=161]Matsumot0[/MENTION] mentioned, if you have previously installed webman then this will not affect you. Is only for "first install" people.
    8. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
      Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    9. Alexander
    10. Dino05
      Dino05
      About "Complete support for 4.60 DEX"
      ...maybe it is 4.75 DEX?
    11. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
      Nop, previous update support already 4.75 dex ^^
    12. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      This profile was in some older releases? I remember that i saw this setting somewhere.
    13. Me_TheKing
      Me_TheKing
      Thanks [MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION]
      Thanks [MENTION=161]Matsumot0[/MENTION]

I will try this new memory footprint profil MAX+ (1280KB) and i hope it take more game name in the game list.

thanks again ;)
    14. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
      Nop MIN+ but nothing else.
    15. lokuelo
      lokuelo
      Thanks [MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION] & company.
      regards

Thanks [MENTION=161]Matsumot0[/MENTION]
    16. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Nice :) .. I updated the article with the new update and also uploaded the latest version in our download section - Link
    17. aldostools
      aldostools
      No. You saw MAX+ in the latest official release of webMAN 1.42 from master deank ;)
    18. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
      I've updated the lasted version of 1.42.03 with 2 major fix with the help of aldostools.
      I suggest to use the lasted binary files or pkg, available on github.
    19. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Well now that DEX has been added I guess we all know what's in store for us all real soon.