PS3 webMAN MOD v1.43.31 Released + ps3netsrv Recently Updated

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 18, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Jul 18, 2016 at 7:01 PM
  1. 9,040
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

A new update for webMAN MOD has been released (by Aldostools) as the amazing plugin now is currently residing at version 1.43.31 . If you are a registered member here at psx-place and were viewing our Developer's Lounge, you may of seen the WebMAN-MOD pkg handling commands thread, in which our own bguerville was working on an unofficial build to add New web commands that would allow for installing and download pkg files. Developer Aldostools lent some advice and the features have now been incorporated officially into webMAN v1.43.31. Among other changes, the plugin allows for pkg files to be installed remotely from the web file manager which that features is only within the FULL Edition of the plugin. Then to round out this update in /setup.ps3 the link to WebMAN MOD Main Information thread has been updated within webMAN MOD setiup..

Also developer Aldostools recently squashed a bug and updated ps3netsrv, So if you use ps3netsrv be sure to checkout the new version.

webMAN-MOD_1_43_31.jpg

• webMAN MOD 1.43.31
      • New web commands (thanks to bguerville):
        • /install.ps3<pkg-path>
        • /download.ps3?url=<pkg-url>
        • /download.ps3?to=<path>&url=<file-url>
      • PKG files can be installed remotely from web file manager (full edition only)
      • Fixed link to main thread in /setup.ps3

• Checkout the webMAN MOD information thread here in the psx-place.com forums:

Downloads: webMAN MOD v1.43.31 (Installer)
    Official Utilities (optional)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      very good update but can u please explain me the web command usage with an example
      -thanks
    2. bguerville
      bguerville
      The syntax is in the OP.
      • /install.ps3<pkg-path>
      • /download.ps3?url=<pkg-url>
      • /download.ps3?to=<path>&url=<file-url>

So basically you can install a pkg from a web browser locally on the PS3 or remotely on another device. For example, this will install a pkg file called test.pkg located in /dev_hdd0/packages.
      Code:

http://192.168.0.1/install.ps3/dev_hdd0/packages/test.pkg

You obviously need to change the IP address to match yours.

The download web command can download any type of file although it was designed mostly for pkg files.
      An optional parameter "to" can be used to choose the location where to store the downloaded file. If the "to" parameter is omitted, the default storage location is used instead i.e. /dev_hdd0/packages.

Now imagine you want to download a file called file.mp3 hosted at
      Code:

http://www.example.com/file.mp3

Example 1:
      You want the file to be stored on /dev_usb000/mp3/
      In this case, the download command should be:
      Code:

http://192.168.0.1/download.ps3?to=/dev_usb000/mp3&url=http://www.example.com/file.mp3

Example 2:
      You want the file to be stored in the default folder (/dev_hdd0/packages)
      In this case, the download command should be:
      Code:

http://192.168.0.1/download.ps3?url=http://www.example.com/file.mp3

Hope it helps.

Sent with Tapatalk
    3. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      thank you for the reply and it is cleared my doubts .. keep up the good work (y)
    4. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
    5. bguerville
      bguerville
      Chiranjeevi and aldostools like this.
    6. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      all right thanks (y) ..
    7. chris
      chris
      Love this console enhancing plugin. anyone ever look at .MP3 or .WMA ingame playback?
      I miss that from the 360.
    8. aldostools
      aldostools
      The *full edition* of webMAN MOD has the option [BGM] that you will find it in /cpursx.ps3 during ingame playback. The web command to toggle the option is /sysbgm.ps3

The feature is based in the code from mysis POC plugin 0.2. Although it works, it may crash the plugin or freeze the system in some circumstances. That's why it's cataloged as "TEST FEATURE".

You may want to try also POC plugin 0.2, 0.2.1.1 or 0.2.1.2a by mysis, or the ps3 menu 0.2 by OsiriX. Both also have the in-game music, although I couldn't make work the OsiriX's plugin on my system.
      Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
      citra mulia and kozarovv like this.
    9. odel
      odel
      Hi aldo thanks for the nice update and the new feature :cool2:
      Great work!!!

For your next update -> at the 'LANG_DE.TXT' there are two smal speeling mistakes

STR_DEVBL [Aktiviere '/dev_blind' (beschreibares '/dev_flash') beim Booten]
      STR_DEVBL [Aktiviere '/dev_blind' (beschreibbares '/dev_flash') beim Booten]

STR_USBPOLL [Erlaube USB-Geräten in den Schalfmodus zu wechseln]
      STR_USBPOLL [Erlaube USB-Geräten in den Schlafmodus zu wechseln]​
      aldostools likes this.
    10. bguerville
      bguerville
      Thanks for the feedback & for reporting this small issue. We all appreciate it. [emoji6]

Sent with Tapatalk
      odel likes this.
    11. odel
      odel
      No problem!
      I saw a post at a german board and checked after them for more spelling mistakes.

Thanks
      Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    12. aldostools
      aldostools
      I've updated the pkg on github with the fixed typos in LANG_DE.TXT

I also added a workaround for the issue of @armorsnake, that showed spinning icons on XMB if the network was disabled and there are no covers loaded in the system.
      odel likes this.
    13. odel
      odel
      Thanks aldo for the fast update ;)
    14. codone
      codone
      So far this new PS3netSrv is working fine for me. The last one from a few months ago did not work right. I had to revert to a previous one. I wish I could give more info on what didn't work, but its moot now. I believe it was not reading any DVD ISOs from over the network (I have three net shares, that was one of them), but been too long to be sure now. Anyway the point is, I'm on this latest one and all is great so far ! Thanks for the update!
      aldostools likes this.
    15. PhoenixARC
      PhoenixARC
      what's the default pkg path, bc i've just downloaded an 18gb pkg file and am unable to find it in the mmos file manager