Webman not showing games

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by S-E-G-A-G-E-S, Mar 31, 2019.

1. 2,690
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

@Joonie could you include a picture of your /setup.ps3 when the scan of ntfs fails.

2. 2,757
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

all I had to do previously was to reset the config by deleting wmconfig and wmtmp then checked dev_ntfs only.

upload_2019-4-1_13-45-52.png

another note to add,

I previously had a different issue caused by allocation size being too large (I set 1MB instead of default) and I wasn't even able to mount dev_ntfs this might be worth mentioning since some users would want bigger cluster allocation size for performance.

T.A.U and aldostools like this.
  3. 2,757
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

@aldostools off-topic, running PSX from NTFS doesn't seem to freeze anymore, I'm not sure if this was resolved due to the internal NTFS lib from webMAN.

I mounted/launched like 8 times in a row to see if my PS3 freezes like old times (prior to wm_proxy and libNTFS).

T.A.U likes this.
  4. 2,690
    aldostools

IIRC It was an issue that we worked together like 3 years ago and we already solved... I don't recall what exactly we did, but I think it was related to sys_storage_ext_mount_discfile_proxy

T.A.U, DeViL303 and Joonie like this.
  5. 18
    S-E-G-A-G-E-S

S-E-G-A-G-E-S Forum Noob

Nothing,

I selected everything and rescanned and restarted, selected only ntfs and did the same. Tried selecting everything again but still nothing shows

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. 2,690
    aldostools

Could you check if this build shows them?
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/n2mvfb
    (Note: This build is the same build currently available in github and brewology, updated last night)

T.A.U likes this.
  7. 44
    ecto

ecto PSX-Place Supporter

Hi aldotools, I'm also having some trouble with my external NTFS disk. I followed your guide from above and tried your nightly build but had no luck so far.

Before, wMM was working very well with my disk. It's a 1,5tb drive with 1 partition and an increased cluster size. wMM was scanning the disk with the internal prepNTFS (aka the checkmark for dev_ntfs in the settings menu) just fine!

What I did with the disk was that I added some PSX games, did a fscheck and a defrag. After that wMM would not scan the disk anymore. Managunz does, but sman does not either. What happens is, that wMM (and sman) labels the disk i.e. as dev_ntfs1. When I change into the folder, there is nothing in it. After that wMM labels the folder as dev_ntfs2 or dev_ntfs3. Repeating this process usually ends in a crash at some point.
    Using prepNTFS from the wMM options folder generates the .ntfs[***ISO] files. With the unchecked option for dev_ntfs scanning in wMM, the games can be mounted (although sometimes not all games appear and the list just breaks off, rescanning /reinstalling wMM resolved this).
    I checked the disk again and changed it from primary to logical, but that didn't change anything. Also changing the USB port didn't change anything.
    In the end I got it to work, and the games run, but this is still a strange problem and I'd really love to resolve it.

8. 2,690
    aldostools

wMM and sman behave similar because both plugins use the same ntfslib, which has some limitations compared with the ntfslib used by standalone apps like prepNTFS, IRISMAN or ManaGunZ.

Only the following 2 changes were made recently to webMAN MOD related to NTFS:
    -Added detection to refresh XML if it was called from in-game BLES80616 (aka prepNTFS) to skip the execution of the internal prepNTFS to avoid a duplicated scan and the deletion of the NTFS files already scanned.
    -Allow execute internal prepNTFS even if none of the /dev_usb devices is checked in /setup.ps3

None of them should cause issues. And if for some reason they cause issues, sman should not be affected.

The problem of not showing all games could be a memory issue, specially if you have enabled the scan for content when the system starts. This feature is enabled by default only for convenience, but it's recommended to have it disabled because when the system boots the VSH memory is reduced due other background processes are also starting, adding also more time for webMAN to be ready.

If it was working fine earlier, you could try also checking/unchecking the option "Disable Reset USB Bus", try different values in "Wait additionally for each selected USB device to be ready" and changing the port where the NTFS drive is connected.

You could also try adding one or various "wait 5" lines to /boot_init.txt (change 5 to any value from 1 to 9).

T.A.U and Joonie like this.
  9. 2,757
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

@ecto not sure if this is going to help you much

upload_2019-4-4_7-30-49.png

I always set this value to standard just to avoid some hiccups.

T.A.U, Coldheart2236 and aldostools like this.
  10. 18
    S-E-G-A-G-E-S

S-E-G-A-G-E-S Forum Noob

@aldostools @Joonie

I think I have everything working now. I fully uninstalled webman and muliman and restarted the system. I then installed the build you posted aldostools, at first it made no difference but then after another restart webman showed 52 of 149 games. I went to irisman and scanned but when I checked there wasn't ntfs files for all my games but only some. I rescanned used prep ntfs but no change.

I then went to webman setup and I turned off scan at startup and refreshed the xml and restarted and now all my games show even though the ntfs file and sfo files aren't there for them.

Thanks a lot for your help and time you both gave me in getting this sorted I really appreciate it.

Now that this is sorted it possible to customise the icons shown for the game and add a background i.e the PIC1 file that other launchers can use?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Joonie and aldostools like this.
  11. 2,690
    aldostools

The PIC1 is a large file that would affect the browsing due the time it takes to be loaded and showed. Also I don't know if the xmb items used in webman supports adding background image as a parameter. Maybe @DeViL303 knows if it's possible.

DeViL303 likes this.
  12. 5,571
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    No, I don't think so. Only actual apps can have a background like PIC1.PNG. So items like the reload XMB application and PSP Launcher could have them. That's about all for webman menu items.

I guess in theory any item can do it, via RCO edits, as there are items like Singstar, and What's New that have backgrounds and are not apps, But this is unknown area and not researched afaik.

If it was possible, i dont think it would effect browsing time, as we can browse a big list of applications quickly now, you need to hover on the item for a couple of seconds to load the PIC1.PNG.

aldostools likes this.
  13. 44
    ecto

ecto PSX-Place Supporter

I have a little update on the NTFS issue, i'd like to share just in case that it helps sorting out the problem:

I did a whole swipe of my internal disk (as I was suspecting a unrecoverable fs failure) and installed rebug 4.84.2 and wMM 1.47.15. And just like that every game on the external ntfs drive in the PSXISO and PS3ISO folders that on my previous install would not show up in wMM now did.
    After adding another two PS3 ISOs, wMM could not find any PS3 games at all but still all the PSX games! No *.ntfs[PS3ISO] file is created. wMM lists dev_ntfs0 with all files in the PSXISO but none in the PS3ISO folder.
    I got it to work with prepNTFS. I find the whole thing quite strange, so I'll be fiddeling a little more with the external drive, as I suspect there must be something that the internal prepNTFS of wMM doesn't like. Deleting and resinstalling wMM did not help. I'll post here if I find something new...

aldostools likes this.
  14. 44
    ecto

ecto PSX-Place Supporter

Just a small follow-up with my findings:
    I have a 1.5tb external drive, which I had formatted with Minitool Partition Manager free. I tried the following cluster sizes 64kb (didn't work at all! Not even in Managunz!) 32kb and 16kb. Ususally the scanning with wMM (update xml) resulted in an incomplete listing. Prepntfs managed to find all the games eventually.
    Then I formatted the drive with the windows internal hdd management and a cluster size of 8kb. This did the trick and the games were found by scanning with wMM's update xml.
    I did another test with a 120gb drive (didn't want to touch that working hdd again ;)) that I formated with windows and a 64kb cluster size, and the games on that were also found.
    I have the feeling, that Minitool might be the culprit here, but I can't be sure. Or maybe it's a combination of cluster size and amount of files on the disk?

aldostools likes this.
  15. 1,277
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

I remember cluster size had to be a multiple of 4k

16. 2,690
    aldostools

Do you scan manually or use the automatic scan when the system starts? It is recommended to do it manually (e.g. SELECT+L3). The automatic scan at startup may have timing issues like USB not mounted yet or low free memory available due other background processes being started.

Also using the applications memory container (the option [MC] in /setup.ps3 like in the image below) helps when the number of games is large.
    [​IMG]

Note: If the [MC] option is used, sporadic black screens can occur if you try to launch a game *while* the system is still scanning the contents or is still listing the content of a large folder in the file manager.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 9:42 AM
    ecto likes this.
  17. 44
    ecto

ecto PSX-Place Supporter

I usually scan manually (except of course after a fresh install of wMM, as the automatic scanning is not disableled then). But thanks for the tip!

aldostools likes this.
  18. 1,277
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

@aldostools is there a way to use the boot txt file you recently implemented to prevent auto scan from startup? or is there a keycombo upon startup to prevent autoscan?

I know it's built into the menu and easily accessible, wasn't sure if you had some of that hidden magic in there or saving it up for something else :)

19. 2,690
    aldostools

There is an option "Disable content scan on startup" under "webMAN MOD " section of http://127.0.0.1/setup.h

Alternatively if you create the file /dev_hdd0/tmp/wm_noscan it will prevent the auto-scan. This file is created temporarily when the system is rebooted.

ecto likes this.
  20. 44
    ecto

ecto PSX-Place Supporter

Ok. That's also interesting! Do you know how much memory is used by one game so I can estimate which option would be the optimum?