WebmanMOD, did I miss something?

Discussion in 'webMAN MOD' started by imkira3, Mar 11, 2019.

1. 302
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) Chillin like a Krillin
    Home Page:
    I'm trying to use the wmm custom command option to copy a directory, but every time I try and save in wmm it truncates everything after the "&" symbol. I more than triple-checked @aldostools wmm custom commands thread and found examples online, and I am sure I am using the proper syntax. Can copy.ps3 only copy to dev_hdd0? Anyway, here is the command, and I tried it with many different paths and it always fails.

/copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/Mods&to=/dev_hdd1

2. 3,175
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

Some web commands do not work on the LITE edition or in the REBUG's stock edition... Please try installing the full edition (hold L1 during the installation).

T.A.U and imkira3 like this.
  3. 302
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

Home Page:
    Yeah it didn't work. I was pretty sure I was on the full version, but I re-installed just in case, and it's doing the same thing. Everything after the "&" symbol always gets cut off. I'm on DEX Rebug if that makes a difference.

4. 3,175
    aldostools

ATM I'm at the office, so I cannot verify the issue until I return to the house.
    Maybe some other user or dev could assist you with this issue in the meanwhile.

BTW The syntax looks correct. You could try copying a different folder to a different path to check if the command is working or if it's something wrong with the path.

imkira3 likes this.
  5. 302
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

Home Page:
    Lol I did

aldostools likes this.
  6. 302
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

Home Page:
    So I tried uninstalling and re-installing several more times, but I am still getting the same result. I wonder if anyone else is able to properly save this custom command with the syntax I use?

7. 3,175
    aldostools

I have tried to reproduce your issue and these are the results that I obtained with webMAN MOD 1.47.11 on Rebug 4.84.1 REX (CEX):

1- The command was not trunctated at &to= as you reported (it worked as expected on my console)
    2- Command #1:
    /copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/Mods&to=/dev_hdd1
    The files inside the folder Mods were copied to the root of /dev_hdd1. The folder Mods was not created
    3- Command #2:
    /copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/Mods&to=/dev_hdd1/Mods
    The folder Mods and all its files was copied into the folder /dev_hdd1/Mods.
    4- Command #3:
    /copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/Mods&to=/dev_hdd1/MyMods
    The folder Mods was created as /dev_hdd1/MyMods and all its files was copied into that folder.

8. 302
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

Home Page:
    I just tried converting to CEX on Rebug 4.82 REX. Converted my kernel and target type, now I'm fully on CEX and I still can't seem to get it working. In fact, every command I try that has the & character in it gets truncated. I updated wmm about 6 times now, holding L1 the whole time. I think maybe something went wrong when I installed, is there a way to tell for sure if I'm on the full version? Else, maybe it's one of my debug settings, I tend to F%$# with those a lot. I can't change anything ofc now I'm back on CEX but I suspect many settings changes I made in the debug menu still apply. I could try updating, but then I would lose DEX access. I was able to make the command work by typing http://localhost/copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/Mods&to=/dev_hdd1/Mods in the web browser, but that gets truncated too. There seems to be no issues executing the command, but saving the command is another matter, for me at least.

9. 302
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

Home Page:
    I'm not sure why this is happening yet or how to fix it, but I find that by default the command copies to dev_usb000. By remapping dev_usb000 I can copy to /dev_hdd0/packages so I can use that to change the destination with a little tweaking. Problem is I would need it to remap the usb every boot, since I can apparently only execute one command without the & character. I imagine I would need to edit boot_plugins.txt?

10. 5,391
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I renamed the thread title, please use better titles for the threads ;)

Edit:
    Also, i just moved the thread to the "webMAN MOD" subforum

imkira3 likes this.
  11. 3,175
    aldostools

I tested the links using Chrome on the PC. I'm not sure if the truncate is caused by the internal browser of the PS3.

Anyway, if you need to remap a path on every boot, you should try the boot_init.txt added to version 1.47.11 from in this post:
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/u...4-84-cfw-cex-support-added.22579/#post-162992

imkira3 likes this.
  12. 302
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

Home Page:
    Sweet, thanks :) I'll try it now. I'm really diggin the coldboot mute option! That would be a great setting to have in webmanMOD, if I had a penny for every time I reboot my PS3 after cranking the audio so I can hear peoples mics, only to get my eardrums blasted clear outta my head lol

13. 302
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

Home Page:
    I tried editing the command in Chrome, and FF, got the same results. Anyway, I wouldn't call this a solution as the truncating still happens, but I was able to bypass the issue by editing wm_custom_combo after I noticed it restores from that file when you delete the combo. Mission accomplished! Now my mod doesn't require a USB :) since I am using my slim lately, having only 1 USB port available was getting old, I'm sure when I update it other people will be happy too. Thanks for the help!

F%$# nvm, it doesn't trigger when I hit the combo.

Hehheh okay I got it this time, I edited the wm_custom_r2_square file. Not sure why it failed to save the file, but at least I could do it manually.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    aldostools likes this.
Tags: