PS3 WEIRDEST "SOFT BRICK" EVER?

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Ilker Agcal, Jun 12, 2019.

1. 10
    Ilker Agcal

Ilker Agcal Forum Noob

Ok so admittedly I messed up the flashing process. I didn't have a vice at hand, and so I just used my fingers to apply full force to my E3 clip, then ended up letting go due to fatigue, corrupting the NOR in the process.

No worries I thought, just need to reflash my original dump. Soldered a wire to the SBE contacts etc, then reflashed. Did so with no issues (or so it may seem)...

Retesting it now with the switch turned to PS3 MODE, all seems fine.

Then, unsoldering the wire now, turning the PS3 on, but it turns off on me within a few seconds! I could have sworn the process should have gone well. The flasher didn't give any issues, logs are all fine. Not sure what else could be the issue? I don't want to have to throw my board away, especially if it can be saved, so help I guess?

2. 750
    Sdw100

Sdw100 Moderator

ENGINEER
    did u get activity after flash before removal of ground wire what did u use to patch

3. 10
    Ilker Agcal

Ilker Agcal Forum Noob

Yes, if you're talking about the lights on the flasher indicating that the flash had been done correctly then yes. I did all of this during which the wire was attached to both GND and SBE. I used PS3 Flash Tool 4.53 for all my patching needs. Had my original genuine dump of my NOR, which I used in order to try and correct this mistake.

4. 750
    Sdw100

Sdw100 Moderator

ENGINEER
    I meen with swit h up to ps3 mode did it boot

5. 750
    Sdw100

Sdw100 Moderator

ENGINEER
    If the flasher is still connected retake a backuo and file compare to original pat hed dump

6. 10
    Ilker Agcal

Ilker Agcal Forum Noob

Yes, when I switch it to PS3MODE, it boots. It's only when I desolder the wire to complete the process, THEN when I boot again, it fails to boot.

7. 750
    Sdw100

Sdw100 Moderator

ENGINEER
    As silly as this may sound ive had this issue before it turned out to be short circuit the silver screws that screw the black shell down was trapped on the PSU cable try removing them screws and turn on

8. 10
    Ilker Agcal

Ilker Agcal Forum Noob

If you mean running each dump through the flash tool, both my original and current dump (which is supposed to be original) all come back ok (GREEN).

9. 10
    Ilker Agcal

Ilker Agcal Forum Noob

I understand. This is not the case though, the system is bare, it only has the fan attached, and also the PSU of course. Nothing else is assembled at this stage. There should be no shortages anywhere, and nothing else is loose.

10. 750
    Sdw100

Sdw100 Moderator

ENGINEER
    No i mean now make a backup of your dump that is currently inside ps3 nor,, then take you patched dump that you flashed then head on to HxD editor and file compare..if they are diffrent then the write over process has failed,but u have said it booted in ps3 mode so this cant be the case

11. 750
    Sdw100

Sdw100 Moderator

ENGINEER
    Mayby there is solder splace somewere or damaged tristate point try boot to recovery menu as you patch lower

12. 10
    Ilker Agcal

Ilker Agcal Forum Noob

Exactly, I think even if the dumps did end up to be different, it is still behaving oddly. It allows me to boot in PS3MODE, but when everything else is done and I'm trying to do a normal boot, it ends up shutting down as if it's still bricked. Obviously it's going to be hard for me to assure you over in this forum that great care was taken with the board and everything is fresh and in order. I've been doing this for a while so I'm not sure what is different in this case. Flashing has failed in the past but I don't know what else could be different this time.

13. 10
    Ilker Agcal

Ilker Agcal Forum Noob

I wouldn't say damaged, as when using the tristate point, it allows me to keep the PS3 on as intended. I have also double checked my work and the board is clean of impurities and/or any additional solder or flux residue.

14. 10
    Ilker Agcal

Ilker Agcal Forum Noob

Ok new issue now. I managed to flash my original backup and it seems to have gone well. Removed the wire and it still boots. Now when I go to take a new dump of the chip, and verify it with the Dump Tool, it says that it's bad. I had no error lights on the flasher, it went normal, but the actual captured dump seems to be bad?

15. 750
    Sdw100

Sdw100 Moderator

ENGINEER
    What errors on the dump is bad does the console still boot now

16. 10
    Ilker Agcal

Ilker Agcal Forum Noob

It still "boots" although I can't be sure if that's what it's doing as I don't have a display nearby for now, but it does stay on yes. On the Dump Tool that I use, it's showing pretty much all sectors as red, there are only around 3 of them that are green.

17. 750
    Sdw100

Sdw100 Moderator

ENGINEER
    Clip issue u say it boots and does nothing i take it that is with sbe soldered this is normal reapply you clip and take your original dumpmake a copy rename to bkpps3.bin patch it again rename again to bkpps3.bin then flash it then try boot console with 1st switch on flasher DOWN and report back
    To varyfy good flash just file compare

18. 10
    Ilker Agcal

Ilker Agcal Forum Noob

Yep currently doing that as we speak. I'm flashing a patched version of the dump, it's almost done. Going to flip the switch after and see what happens.

Sdw100 likes this.