PS4 What The Hell Is Happening?

Discussion in 'PS4 Hardware' started by DigitalDrive, Jun 25, 2019.

1. 37
    DigitalDrive

DigitalDrive Forum Noob

My PS4 is not a launch model, it's an improved one. (1216)

I was at my uncle's house. I brought the PS4 with me as well. I cared a lot.
    It was fine when it was there.
    I got home, and, no. Nonononono. WHAT!

PS4 won't show up on TV, won't accept controllers (instantly shuts down controller wirelessly or after a few seconds when wired)

There's only one thing that I know that might be the problem.

When I was about to pack my PS4 and go back to my house, I was surfing reddit with it.
    Then It froze, couldn't shutdown.
    However I was able to turn on again, it told me there was an error.
    I said okay. It was fine. I even tested it, it was fine.

...what?
    Did it just got bricked?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  2. 1,692
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Does it stay on or does it immediately shutdown? If it immediately shuts-down,unfortunately i have some unpleasant news.

These CUH-1200 Series,and perhaps some 1000/1100 Series,but mostly the 1200 Series, have some problems regarding the BGA Package, something regarding bad contact, althought i dont own a 1200 Series, ive heard a lot of problems regarding thoes models.

The APU cannot be replaced,as is encodeed to the board, but all not hope is lost.

What you can try is the Nylon Washers technique, get some Nylon Washers, 4 to 6 to be exact,and dismantle the PS4 until you reach the APU Clamp, after that unscrew the clamp,and place 2 Washers on each screw, thats 4 washers in total, screw everything back,and test it, this will make pressure into the BGA package,and hopefuly fix your problem,but reballing is advised.

PS: If 4 washers isnt enough,increase the number to 6, 3 washers on each screw and try again,if that doesnt solve your problem, then try a PSU replacement,as ive heard these also go bad, if left plugged for years on row,but if even that doesnt fix it,then you need the console inspected, dont tight the screws to much, tight them and the PS4 wont even start, untight them and try powering on in that case.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019