Where did Elite Edition 3.0 Go??

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Lance2150, Dec 31, 2018.

1. 5
    Lance2150

Lance2150 Forum Noob

I was in a discord server with @clayson and death-dealer( my name was chaos) and He had(clayson) had EE v 3.0 done or mostly done and what not. NMow i cant find a trace of the server or the once used tools and downloads why did they all just disapper????

2. 2,823
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Your in luck, I have both the v3 core by clayson and the v2.1 core by joshchawks and deathdealer.

Elite Edition v3 by clayson if you want it. I noticed they had disappeared as well and was glad i had downloaded them when they were first released. So has his modding guide for PS3.

https://mega.nz/#!PyAkmCDD!QnRYJBW8YjMwlQJOgWy3bGuzebyiKSwmVvXocdnOVgQ

BLUS only for Legendary Edition of Skyrim.

To install first back up the game to your PS3 HDD then install the game and all DLC. Then open the backup folder of the disc in GAME on the HDD and copy and paste the contents of the zip file overwriting the files it asks to overwrite. The load the game again and you will get another install message saying installing core v3. then play away.

This core lets you use some PC mods on the PS3 with better compatability. The only problem with the PS3 version of skyrim for some mods is the boot order for them, so find out which mods you want to use then see if any have to be above the others and install them in that order. for example Falskaar has to be above all other mods but below the dlc. or you could always add the esm of the mods to the ini file to ensure good boot order.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  3. 5
    Lance2150

Lance2150 Forum Noob

Thanks, i wasnt really looking for the Core I was actually looking for the Mediafire link to all the pkg files, I already have the core from when i was in the discord server XD, tho i might just have to go to the nexus and find the mods i need thanks tho. I still hope Clayson or Death-Dealer will fill me in on the situation. Also would you happen to have the mod converter, the one that converted the mods into pkg files?

4. 1,393
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

I beleive there might have been some sort of disagreement between them. Only @clayson or @Death_Dealer can explain. It was in the resources section here for a short time but was removed shortly after. I think credits werent given, maybe copyrighted materials. Dunno have to wait for one of them to chime in. Drama always holds the scene back from its greatest achievements, I wish we could all get past that and find a way to get along.

5. 1,341
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

Another EE drama situation??? jeez...

6. 2,823
    Cypher_CG89

Nope sorry, don't have that. You could always use another pkg creation program to create one or create a self install zip file so that when you click on it in a file manager your files go where you want them without having to navigate to where they belong, I do this for dev_flash files all the time. or you could simply FTP them into place.

For each of the cores the mods end up in there own folder in the 'games' directory in the folder that contains the DLC for the game. You can also put your mods in the DLC folders for Dawnguard and the others. this can help with errors in the game if using mods that are large in size and is also the way to mod the game without the cores.

I have most of the original v2.1 mods that where ported to PS3 but they wont work on v3 as they have a dependency on parts of that core (Easily Removed) And the only one's I have ported to PS3 for the v3 core is The forgotten City and Ultra realistic world lighting both of which can be on Nexus Mods anyways. Leveler's Tower is must get mod for Skyrim.

I use PC mods on my PS3 version of skyrim, and they work for the most part, some may be a little laggy and the odd one will crash the ps3 from time to time if its clashing with another mod.

7. 5
    Lance2150

Lance2150 Forum Noob

Yeah idk, it had always seemed that clayson and death dealer were on the same page i couldnt imagine where it went wrong, regardless clayson deather dealer if you ever see this shot me a msg i would love to catch up with you guys

~Chaos

8. 196
    Death_Dealer

Death_Dealer Reverse Engineer Developer

Yes clayson decided to leave after not crediting a lot of the work I was doing, no drama. Was a clean break the way things should be. I honestly have alot better things to do. There was never a program for converting mods.
    Comments like this is why I tend to stay away from this community now. If it was just as easy as saying we all just need to look past our differences and work together to make things happen.. Well it's a lot more complicated than that. When you spend the amount of time on projects like I have, just to be mis credited or not credited at all, it's not worth it to share anything. Or even be involved in this community anymore. I feel like I get a huge lack of respect, and I don't feel like things are going to change unfortunately. So you won't be seeing much of me.

9. 5
    Lance2150

Lance2150 Forum Noob

Don't worry man I have nothing but respect for you. From what I can tell you are the only Original Elite Electronics dev still in the community and that show great dedication. So thank you for taking the time answer my question I look forward to talking to you in the future.

Death_Dealer likes this.
  10. 12,157
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I think EE created a watermark in the PS3LOGO.DAT . however, that can be overcome by simply repackaging the content. you might be able to change the watermark with an edat, considering fixes often use a unique one.

11. 2,823
    Cypher_CG89

I don't blame you if that's how you feel. The Elite editions of Skyrim are excellent contributions to this game. And so is GTA Elite edition, its great fun to watch friends who think they are good at it smash into everything with the improved car handling and physics.

I personally am waiting for your DDS to DDX tool as without it a don't think I will be able to complete what am doing, as I cannot find another way to pack the DDS files into a single DDX, unless am looking in the wrong places and cannot remember if 3DS Max can do this or other graphics engines, but google isn't my friend on the DDX subject.

Filipe Santos likes this.
  12. 80
    clayson

clayson Member

Hi I just saw this, yes I removed everything but I'm glad to see someone posted another link to it. I would like to make some corrections to any "drama" related stuff here. My cause for leaving wasn't originally related to my situation with Death_Dealer, I'll admit though the situation did make me leave faster than I had planned, not due to accusations or anything, a completely different legit reason. I'm not just saying that to spite anyone, it's true, prior to what happened with DD and I, I began to heavily dislike certain treatment I was receiving and the general vibe of the community. If memory serves I even told DD this before any of this happened.

Most of what is said here is accurate. For those wondering this is regarding the DDS to DDX converter tool and nothing else to my knowledge (that tool is available here). As far as I am aware on anything else DD had helped me with I have credited him properly, if anyone wants to dispute that claim they can. Anyways I will admit that when I first figured out what was missing in DDS to DDX conversion I didn't credit Death_Dealer enough. I suppose it was the excitement of figuring it out? Or maybe because I spent so much time on it I tricked myself into thinking I did more than I did? Bottom line was I did miscredit him. This of course caused a problem between us, but eventually that problem managed to fix itself after some talking. I did tell him I was wrong and that a lot of my info was his and gave him the fix to DDS to DDX and did apologize. I will say it again here I am sorry for all of that Death_Dealer.

After this was complicated, there is a lot of stuff I won't share here because it is personal with Death_Dealer and I. You would think the problem would be fixed at that point but some other stuff happened which I again won't get into detail. Also thank you DD for keeping certain messages private and for keeping the situation mostly private.

Some people have said that I at one point decided not to credit DD at all. I have a feeling this is more of a misinterpretation as I don't remember myself ever saying I wasn't gonna credit him. DD explained so much of DDX to me I don't think it would've been possible for me to claim I did it all myself.

Anyways that is most of everything from my perspective. I want to keep this very civil, so I'm only gonna be posting 1 public message here regarding this (unless forced to do otherwise). If anyone wants to discuss this with me feel free to PM me as it is the best solution as to not spam this thread. Although in all honesty I would really like to have one more conversation with @Death_Dealer , even though I know our relationship is completely broken now I would still love to talk it out once more. I want to clear all misinterpretations and ill-doings one last time, cause out of all the situations I've been through in the scene this one stings me the most. If not though that's fine, I wish you all the best of luck in your futures! :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    DeViL303 likes this.
  13. 2,823
    Cypher_CG89

@clayson thanks for the link to the completed DDS DDX tools. This will really help me with my PS3 Skyrim projects, and was sort of dependant on this tool as well as i have found no other tool to do this as of yet, as getting the PS3 to use single dds texture files correctly can be can be a complete pain in the arse compared to using them on PC because of the limited RAM. Now i can pack the new textures into the original way they were in the first place. which should help solve a few issues with texture pining and anchoring going psychotic for the basic project.

As for the other one it might be a little bit more complicated as i am changing the engine on which the game runs to a more reliable one :D (should be less bugs in the performance on the PS3 this way, if i can get it to work properly) An announcement will be made on PSX Place when i am confident in doing this will work as not to get peoples hopes up for a less buggy or completely bug free Skyrim. Then maybe work on a PC version of this.

14. 196
    Death_Dealer

Death_Dealer Reverse Engineer Developer

@clayson You know how to contact me if you have something left to say.

DeViL303 likes this.
  15. 16
    plasticos201193

plasticos201193 Member

Hello All! So there is no link for V3.0 Mods?

I can´t find it anywhere and I would like to install some mods :apologetic:

16. 2,823
    Cypher_CG89

Most PC mods will work with V3, only ones which require SKSE or Skyrim UI and other things will not work. In fact a lot of mods will work without the EE Editions, just put the .bsa and .esp/.esm file's into the Dragonborn DLC folder.

EDIT: The only thing about mods on the PS3 version of the game is getting correct boot order for them, so do it one at a time> place one mod into the DLC folder then boot the game to the main menu, then check the downloadable content menu option to see if it been loaded in normally will have $ in front of it. If it has loaded, quit the game and then put another one in and do the same process.

Be sure to check the mod author's notes to see if it needs booting about any other mods you want to use and load that one before any others.

Also note that some mods may require being added to the Skyrim.ini file to get correct boot order. Normally you are limited to about 10 mods at a time on the PS3, especially if they are massive mods in file size but I have got 20 mods working at the same time as they were not big mods but rather environmental mods mostly.

If you put a mod on and when loading the game it instantly goes to the Skyrim logo after the Bethesda intro and stays there the game has been broken by the mod and you will have to at least delete the game disc and back it up again, sometimes the install data as well.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    plasticos201193 likes this.
  17. 2
    M'aiq The Liar

M'aiq The Liar Forum Noob

Hi, could someone explain how to do the dds to ddx and ddx to dss conversions? I would appreciate if they were direct because I am Brazilian and I don't know much English as you can see. Thank you for your amazing and great work.

18. 2
    M'aiq The Liar

M'aiq The Liar Forum Noob

and if possible I wonder if it works with the xbox ddx file, because the texture is not found and turns purple