PS3 WiFi/BT Board Error 8002F1F9 (Update Loop) - Diagnostics/Reports/Repair

Discussion in 'Hardware Mods' started by VTSTech, Nov 2, 2019.

1. 7,798
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

After a better inspection of the images i can confirm the chip is actually a Mitsumi 463A voltage regulator, and the wire is bridging pin#1 (5V_EVER) with pin#8 (3.3V_EVER_A)
    In other words, it connects votage IN with voltage OUT (rail 1)
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Talk:Regulators
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/File:Mitsumi_463A.jpg
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/File:SYSCON_SWx_JTP-001_JSD-001_HSW-001_CN101.jpg

In few words, i think is a bad idea and could be dangerous, as you can see in the third link that rails are connected to other components (and we dont know how many more components are connected to that rails). In the original design that rails have 3.3v but when you solder the wire to 5v all that components are going to be feeded with 5v

Anway, the first thing you need to do is to meassure the voltage with a multimeter in pin#1 and pin#8 of mitsumi 463A chip
    If the multimeter says there is 5v in pin#1 and 3.3v in pin#8 then the chip is working fine and there is no reason to solder the wire

2. 7,798
    sandungas

Actually... look at this image
    The power and eject buttons uses the voltage from 463A pin#8 ...and the PS3 boots and ejects discs, right ?... so the voltage of that pin is fine
    Syscon chip uses the voltage from 463A pin#2 ...and the PS3 boots, right ?... so the voltage of that pin is fine

So this "fix" with the wire doesnt makes sense to me at all, if the console boots it means the Mitsumi 463A voltage regulator is working fine
    [​IMG]

3. 387
    VTSTech

VTSTech Developer

Home Page:
    When I tried the bridge fix it didn't work/didn't boot. but looks like I was bridging the wrong point anyway. I was just thinking I was finally gonna buy a replacement WiFi module, maybe I'll try the bridge fix again.

Another thought I had was taking a WiFi module from a 2XXX slim (GLoD), and seeing if i could solder up enough points to get it to pass FW install. maybe even attach it permanently.

4. 387
    VTSTech

VTSTech Developer

Home Page:
    I wonder if this module is compatible with the one I'm replacing... Pretty sure this is from a Super Slim

[​IMG]

5. 1
    deki

deki Forum Noob

Hello everyone... I was desperately searching online for the error 80010201 but wasnt able to find any valuable information , other then a spanish website telling me to check a small transistor on the wifi board for 1.7 volts... Anyway im sorry for butting in since this is not the same error i had , and i wasnt even gonna post anything untill i saw the date of your post so i just wanted to come in and see if anyone has had this problem and maybe it can help someone else with this aswell... or maybe we have very similar problems.
    So i pretty much have a problem with controller syncing up , no wifi , sometimes the bluetooth works but takes ages to sync , and interestingly no lan whatsoever... Plugging in the lan cable doesnt even make the light flicker on the connecter.. So i thought the problem was more with the thing thats connecting them all together ... a southbridge maybe? or the marvel chip next to the lan connecter... I really have no idea.. tomorrow i will check all voltages around the wifi bluetooth board and wll report back here .. Anyways if you guys have any good feedback pls shoot , i will take anything at this point.. Also the wifi board is on the motherboard .. its the cechl type so no additional boards...Also had alot of trouble updating the ps3... I fixed 3 ps3's so far with cap replacement and 1 hdmi chip ... this one is the only one with additional problems... and its the one with no seperating wifi board , jusr my luck :(

6. 7,798
    sandungas

I just moved the thread to the hardware subforum, is a better place for it