When you play your beloved Video Games on your PC, you already know about all the procedures during the Installation by entering a Key, which allows you to install and/or to play the Games, you recently bought. And when this is a "everyday's business" by a PC Gamer and nothing new, Game Titles released on a home console never applied such a system, which meant that if you bought a Game, you was able to do whatever you wanted to do. But this could change in future, according to a new Patent filled by Sony, which would not based - as they call it: "BLOCKCHAIN-BASED DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT" - on a traditional system, as above mentioned. There are many speculations how this system could work and it's still unknown if this would mean a better protection against Piracy or having full control about your purchases.
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT
Generating a rights blockchain storing rights of a user, including: receiving an enrollment request and a public key from the user; verifying that the user has a private key corresponding to the public key; generating a user identifier using the public key; and generating and delivering the rights blockchain having a genesis block including the user identifier to the user.
- A method for generating a rights blockchain storing rights of a user, the method comprising: receiving an enrollment request and a public key from the user; verifying that the user has a private key corresponding to the public key; generating a user identifier using the public key; and generating and delivering the rights blockchain having a genesis block including the user identifier to the user.
- A system for generating a rights blockchain storing rights of a user, the system comprising: a registration authority configured to receive an enrollment request and a public key from the user, the registration authority also configured to verify that the user has a private key corresponding to the public key, generate a user identifier using the public key, and generate and deliver the rights blockchain having a genesis block including the user identifier to the user.
- A method for performing digital rights management using a rights blockchain storing rights of a user, the method comprising: receiving a protected content including a content identifier, a scrambled essence, and an encrypted control word; receiving the rights blockchain and credentials of the user; searching the rights blockchain for a first block that contains the content identifier of the protected content; decrypting the encrypted control word when a signature and usage rights in the first block are determined to be valid; and descrambling the scrambled essence using the decrypted control word.
- A method for generating a rights blockchain storing rights of a user to consume an item of content, the method comprising: receiving an enrollment request and a public key from the user and verifying that the user has a private key corresponding to the public key; generating a genesis block including a user identifier of the user using the public key; and generating and adding a new block having a content identifier of the item of content and associated usage rights.
Even if Sony mentions to use a "blockchain-based DRM-solution", it is still premature to tell how this System would work in common practice. It could be based on a similar system like on Steam, a traditional way like for physical PC Games with Keys or even a completely new system. And since patent fillings doesn't mean that those would be included in future (Sony did a similar Patent filling back in 2006 before the PS3 was even released), it could even lead into nothing and everything would stay in normal like it is today.
Infact when you read the complete patent filling, it sounds more like Sony wants to have full control onto your purchases, which would mean that you can't do any longer with your Game Titles whatever you wanted, but they could. A common example would be that your PlayStation Console and your PSN Account has to be connected online while gaming. Microsoft still has some headaches with this idea back at E3 2013.
And since this patent filling describes that DRM-solution not only for Video Games, but also for Movies, Music and so on - what do you think - is this a good idea? What are your experiences using DRM content on Games or Movies for other platforms? You are welcome to discuss this with the others.
For the full Patent filling with the complete Description and all Patent Claims: Click here
PS News Will Future PlayStation Game Titles require a key to get fully playable?
By Roxanne on Apr 30, 2018 at 2:11 PM
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - April 2019 Progress Report - >40% of all Games are now fully playable!No, this isn't a late April Fools Message. As usual for every month (but a little bit delayed, I know ), the Great Team behind RPCS3 showcases their newest improvements and milestones in their newest Monthly Progress Reports. And speaking of milestones, April has another one as well. Now when you will Download their newest Build, you are able to emulate more than >40% of all PS3 Games without any errors etc. which leads into an "fully playable" status and means that you can enjoy those Game Titles as minimum as with the same good experience compared with an PS3 or even better (like with 4K Output Resolution, for instance). That's already pretty strong, don't you think?
Editor's Note: Maybe you have already experienced it before but the News Writers would like to remember you that since the beginning of 2019, we don't only introduce you with the newest Monthly Progress Report for RPCS3, but also some In-Game-Screenshot from various Game Titles provided by the Team from RPCS3, which saw a better compatibility or getting "Ingame" for the very first time. We hope you like that idea and we also recommend you to watch for Updates on every Progress Report, since many of those mentioned Screenshots will be showcased a few days later after the initial Progress Report.Continue reading
Wild Gunman Remake (35th Anniversary Edition) by Lapy GamesFollowing the release of Duck Hunt Remake (35th anniversary edition) developer Lapy05575948
of Lapy Games has developed another remake for another classic and this time around the zapper victim is the iconic Wild Gunman. The new Wild Gunman Remake is another great game to come to an exploited PS4 console near you but not only has the developer released a PS4 version but also includes a PS Vita port as well that is of course compatiable with those PlayStation TV's that Sony dismissed or gave the scene as a gift, we have never quite figured that out, either way Lapy is bringing us another great title for our enjoyment. The developer followed version v1.00 of Wild Gunman Remake with v1.01 that has given us the "game B" mode and plans for the "game C" mode as well. So stay tuned as we could see a new update from Lapy in the future. Also checkout some of Lapy's other projects for an exploited PS4 that is seeing a growing library of brew being tapped!!!Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.23 (by Aldostools) - Improving the Ps3HEN experience & moreCheck it out more PS3 Homebrew, this time around developer @aldostools is back with some updates to webMAN MOD improving the plugin experience for both CFW and Ps3HEN user;s in the latest update labeled as version v1.47.23. In this update there has been a fix to some blackscreen issues on homebrew that was being launched during the Content Scanning process, Also keys have been fixed and adjusted for Ps3HEN for the add-on pkg/rom launcher feature of wMM. The webMAN MOD installer and updater has new and updated detection mechanism in place for Ps3HEN. These are just some of the new features in this update but the developer has been busy with several updates in the recent, so be sure to checkout the previous changelogs if you have not been keeping up to date on this PS3 Plugin that is a must have for many Ps3 Owner's on either Custom firmware or Ps3HEN.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: