When you play your beloved Video Games on your PC, you already know about all the procedures during the Installation by entering a Key, which allows you to install and/or to play the Games, you recently bought. And when this is a "everyday's business" by a PC Gamer and nothing new, Game Titles released on a home console never applied such a system, which meant that if you bought a Game, you was able to do whatever you wanted to do. But this could change in future, according to a new Patent filled by Sony, which would not based - as they call it: "BLOCKCHAIN-BASED DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT" - on a traditional system, as above mentioned. There are many speculations how this system could work and it's still unknown if this would mean a better protection against Piracy or having full control about your purchases.
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT
Generating a rights blockchain storing rights of a user, including: receiving an enrollment request and a public key from the user; verifying that the user has a private key corresponding to the public key; generating a user identifier using the public key; and generating and delivering the rights blockchain having a genesis block including the user identifier to the user.
- A method for generating a rights blockchain storing rights of a user, the method comprising: receiving an enrollment request and a public key from the user; verifying that the user has a private key corresponding to the public key; generating a user identifier using the public key; and generating and delivering the rights blockchain having a genesis block including the user identifier to the user.
- A system for generating a rights blockchain storing rights of a user, the system comprising: a registration authority configured to receive an enrollment request and a public key from the user, the registration authority also configured to verify that the user has a private key corresponding to the public key, generate a user identifier using the public key, and generate and deliver the rights blockchain having a genesis block including the user identifier to the user.
- A method for performing digital rights management using a rights blockchain storing rights of a user, the method comprising: receiving a protected content including a content identifier, a scrambled essence, and an encrypted control word; receiving the rights blockchain and credentials of the user; searching the rights blockchain for a first block that contains the content identifier of the protected content; decrypting the encrypted control word when a signature and usage rights in the first block are determined to be valid; and descrambling the scrambled essence using the decrypted control word.
- A method for generating a rights blockchain storing rights of a user to consume an item of content, the method comprising: receiving an enrollment request and a public key from the user and verifying that the user has a private key corresponding to the public key; generating a genesis block including a user identifier of the user using the public key; and generating and adding a new block having a content identifier of the item of content and associated usage rights.
Even if Sony mentions to use a "blockchain-based DRM-solution", it is still premature to tell how this System would work in common practice. It could be based on a similar system like on Steam, a traditional way like for physical PC Games with Keys or even a completely new system. And since patent fillings doesn't mean that those would be included in future (Sony did a similar Patent filling back in 2006 before the PS3 was even released), it could even lead into nothing and everything would stay in normal like it is today.
Infact when you read the complete patent filling, it sounds more like Sony wants to have full control onto your purchases, which would mean that you can't do any longer with your Game Titles whatever you wanted, but they could. A common example would be that your PlayStation Console and your PSN Account has to be connected online while gaming. Microsoft still has some headaches with this idea back at E3 2013.
And since this patent filling describes that DRM-solution not only for Video Games, but also for Movies, Music and so on - what do you think - is this a good idea? What are your experiences using DRM content on Games or Movies for other platforms? You are welcome to discuss this with the others.
For the full Patent filling with the complete Description and all Patent Claims: Click here
PS News Will Future PlayStation Game Titles require a key to get fully playable?
By Roxanne on Apr 30, 2018 at 2:11 PM
PS3 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) 4.84.1 - PS3Xploit HAN & Flash Tools Restored for 4.84 OFW usersHuge News as the PS3 exploit ladder has taken a step up into 4.84 rung, with a new approach to bring back PS3Xploit functionality on 4.84. With a Hybrid Firmware (NOT A CFW) that can be installed on ANY MODEL PS3 over any Official Firmware (OFW) version. .The only thing this modified firmware essentially does is bring back the patched webkit from OFW 4.82 that was an entry point for PS3Xploit, if you recall when 4.84 was released developers @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w stated the exploit was not actually patched but rather only the webkit entry used was removed in 4.83+ which rendered the actual exploit unreachable (not patched and could be restored). Now the webkit is back for 4.84 OFW thanks to this new clever magic that has allowed OFW user's to use and install this slightly modified Firmware.
So, what does all this mean? Now Its just like it was back in 4.82 before PS3Xploit was patched you will be able to install a CFW (on a CFW compatible model) and for those unfortunate user's that does not have a CFW Compatible model (i.e. SuperSlim/late slims) you have will have access to the HAN exploit . So for new user's or ones that updated, here is your second chances thanks to the efforts of the PS3Xploit Team and to @Joonie (waved magic wand on files), @habib (for valuable input on this project) and @esc0rtd3w (work in porting ps3xploit tools to 4.84) and the PS3XploitContinue reading
Milestone Update for Orbital - An PS4 Emulator by @AlexAltea - now with (very first) Video Output!Nearly a year ago, Developer @AlexAltea showcased us an early-stage Version from his own PS4 Emulator called Orbital. The very first Version was on a minimal stage by running several code examples on a Terminal within Linux only but this was already impressive since as you probably know, both the PS4 and standard Computers shares the same x86 CPU Architecture. But the CPU isn't the only thing the PS4 shares with a standard PC. Since you need also a lot of GPU Power to run your Games on a Console for General, it is getting quite usual that those big players like NVIDIA or AMD are collaborating with the Console Manufacturers to deliver them with special-designed Graphics Processing Units for the Consoles you own. Even when we talk about "Special" GPU's, you already recognized by yourself that if you go further in newer Console Generations, you realized that the internal GPU used inside each Console is having more and more similarities compared to a standard GPU. With that result in mind, Developer @AlexAltea showcased yesterday that his Emulator Orbital is capable of running the Safe Mode of the PS4 together with getting a Video Output from that mentioned Safe Mode as well, which leads to the point that his Emulator showcased the very first Video Output from a PS4 emulated by a PC! Do I have to say more? Continue reading
4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ COBRA 8.01) - New update in from Habib
Following the introduction of 4.84 STARBUGED CFW for the PS3, which also gave us the introduction of Cobra v8.0x from developer @habib, Has now followed up that cfw release with 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ Cobra 8.01) that contains some more candy for the scene. As the developer has provided new features once again with this update with the ability to Hardcode Kernel Plugins, which can be useful for things like MAMBA (a Cobra Alternative) as it can not be ran as a kernel plugin. Down below you will see the technical aspects of what this update has provided from Ps3 CFW Developer @habib.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: