Windows 10 1903 Update

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dazzaXx, Jun 16, 2019.

1. 466
    dazzaXx

dazzaXx Member

XMB UI Editor/Coder, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Just curious, but is anyone having trouble trying to update to the latest windows 10 update? I've tried every which way to update it, wether it's through windows update, the upgrade tool and a usb. But nothing works and errors with 0x80070005.

I'm on 1809 atm if that's anything to go by.

2. 2,696
    Berion

Berion Developer

If I must update this piece of crap, I'm using always clean installation from disc image written to pendrive. And for easy download *.iso, You must change user agent to Linux because on Windows they forcing users to using their crappy Media something spyware Creator.

"Furthermore, I consider that Windows 10 must be destroyed" *
    ;p

ISAK.M and dazzaXx like this.
  3. 38
    dergamer1212

dergamer1212 Member

Had the same problem,what i did to resolve it is, i downloaded the win 10 iso and installed/upgraded my Build with it.

dazzaXx likes this.
  4. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

it went fine on all of my machines (and i have quite a lot of them),even RP build that i have on travel laptop went fine.

i've found when updating/upgrading windows builds it's best practice to clean the system files once in a while,and i believe that will resolve your problems.fromelevated command prompt run "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" command (obviously,without quotation marks) and if you're connected to the net on that machine.if not,you need to research on how to do a dism check and restore from downloaded image.

after dism successfully finishes,restores or don't find any error or corruption then execute "sfc /scannow' command and you will have clean system files and update/upgrade will run without any issues on the OS part.

if that doesn't help obviously you have problem specific to your machine and that's more probably due to some weird outdated drivers or programs.i'm afraid in that case you need to investigate more and remove them and then maybe from new version try to make it work again.for drivers

dazzaXx likes this.
  5. 466
    dazzaXx

dazzaXx Member

I agree, i'd honestly go back down to Windows 7 if i could.

6. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

i've always hated the 7/vista,i'm big NT fan so 8 and up is a big improvement for me personally.

7. 3,428
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    What update...? :-p

Got sick of the constant updates, plus filling my eMMC SDD ROM storage on Win10 Home so I disabled the updates. No more updates for me, you dont need half of them and some of them can cause issues on your PC.:D

8. 1,983
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Windows 10 for me its a riddled mess, on my working laptop i am still using Windows 8.1,for Graphics Design,its more stable, specially with the Spectre Bug on the 4th Gen Intel, with the newest patch, the performance drop is abysmal. Dont want to mention the Desktop, even on an AMD Chip, the slowdown its even worst,and AMDs dont have the same problem as Intel :D

As long as they wont fix that mess,i wont jump the Windows 10 boat just yet :D

dazzaXx likes this.
  9. 466
    dazzaXx

dazzaXx Member

Yeah true, i've tried installing this fricking update for 3 days now with the same error. I'm not doing a fresh install just because i cannot be bothered to reinstall all the drivers and programs that are on the C: Drive, all my documents, downloads, etc are on separate drives but still, some programs are on those other drives. Too much of a hassle if you ask me.

I've tried everything i can to get it to install the update with no luck whatsoever. If i were able to see the console for what it's actually doing i might be able to pin point whats causing it to error out but of course, Microsoft doesnt let you, they just give you an error code and tell you to talk to customer service.

10. 211
    Vishera

Vishera Member

Well...
    I have Windows 7 and windows 10 in dual boot.
    Windows 7 doesn't have such problems and with Windows 10 i only do security updates (I heavily modified Windows 10 to the point you can call it a "distro" like in linux :D)
    There is a lot of bloatware that run in the background and wastes both drive space and RAM,
    After the removal only 500mb of RAM in use :)
    But in default Windows 10 doesn't let you delete most of it...
    Anyway i use Windows 7 as my daily driver :D

11. 3,428
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    There might be a way to but not sure, but could be quite possile. It would be a similar way I disbaled the updates as with Win10 Home you cannot disable this normly through control panel or the other ways you used to be able to, I had to re add a bit of code they removed from this in the form of a .bat to get it to work again. I would google it to see if anyone else as modified Win10 to do this. Win10 Pro your supposed to be able to disbale the constant updates.

I hate Win10 Home its buggy as hell but it came install on the new PC a got last year so am just putting up with it lol.

12. 211
    Vishera

Vishera Member

What about the log files?
    Did you check them?

dazzaXx likes this.
  13. 466
    dazzaXx

dazzaXx Member

I did, it didnt specify anything in particular that would help me. I caved and did a fresh install anyway xD

14. 909
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    TBH Windows 10 is a pain and a half sometimes, Win7 runs smoother aswell in my opinion. When school still had Win7 I dualbooted with Win10 and was the first in school to use Win10 on school laptops. Like 1,5 later they finally updated to Win10 but they should'nt had done that since know they have more control over what I do :( Thats why I run a Win10OTG USB drive haha + Ubuntu 18.04 LTS dualboot with schools Win10.
    The IT dude at my last school before they updated to Win7 got pissed of when he saw I was running Win10 but we were good friends so he let me pass haha :D

15. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

win7 runs better only on pre ME 7 intel hardware and pre bulldozer amd hardware.win8 is optimized heavily for me 7,8 and 9 and recent amd stuff is basically night and day on modern kernels.half of complaints are trying to run x64 on 4gb or less RAM and then complain on memory management.

ISAK.M likes this.
  16. 2,696
    Berion

Berion Developer

Windows 10 have default turned on tons of unnecessary services in background, and a lot of UWP junk. Indeed it have advantage in some scenarios but generally it is junk hard to control which could turned into unstable environment in blink of an eye with automatic, very aggressive, updates. I really hate this OS with all my heart.

"Furthermore, I consider that Windows 10 must be destroyed" *
    ;p

17. 909
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    Haha my History teacher told me about that quote about the dude that wanted Carthage destroyed :D
    I have never found an oppurtunity to use it tho... sooo maybe
    "Furthermore I consider that Windows 10 and it's stupid bullshit must be destroyed"
    TBH updating Win7 to look more modern would have been a better idea by Microsoft then making Win10. :confused::-p

Berion likes this.
  18. 211
    Vishera

Vishera Member

The thing is that in 2014 Microsoft changed completely it's views and practices due to the new CEO,
    He even changed the logo of the company and a year later we got Windows 10.

19. 2,696
    Berion

Berion Developer

History behind this logo is one of the top jokes in my scale. MS gave them 700,000$ for this sh*t! They could just ask me instead, getting it in... 15 minutes, and saving yourself 600,000$ but oh well... :D

@ISAK.M I don't think Aero could be adapted to "modern" standards. It is completely different approach to UX. If You have in mind the translucent and blurry windows decorations, then I agree, it could be implemented in the way as Apple did.

"Furthermore, I consider that Windows 10 must be destroyed"

ISAK.M likes this.
  20. 909
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    I think it could be adapted for sure, somehow...