Wireless Nintendo controller

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Yugonibblit, Sep 17, 2019.

1. 402
    Yugonibblit

Yugonibblit PSX-Place Supporter

Mechanic
  2. 12,149
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I think these have been available for preorder. I preordered mine a day or two ago. they might run out, but seeing as how I just bought the nes controller dual-pack a couple weeks ago, they'll probably have enough. I tested the nes controllers. the only downsides to the nes controllers is that there's no home (outside of the nes games), you can only charge on the switch (won't fit on charging grip), and you're forced to buy two. I opted to buy two snes controllers, but you can buy one for $29.99. it takes 6-10 days to get them from what I've heard. that sounds about right with the time it took for me to get the nes controllers. oh, and the snes controllers have a usb-c port to charge, so you don't need the system. idiots at nintendo should've done that for the nes controllers too, 'cause it kinda makes the switch bulky (don't want to pick up by the nes controllers but by the middle). :)

Yugonibblit likes this.
  3. 402
    Yugonibblit

Mechanic
    Hi @pinky ....I posted them in hopes of using them on ps3 or PS4

pinky likes this.
  4. 12,149
    pinky

not sure. I read that 9.0.0 adds support for the snes controller, so it must be unique to the joy cons. might see what happens with that pad plugin for osiris.

edit: I did a little review of the nes controllers. there's no home menu button, so that could be a problem on another system. however, I'm not sure if the snes controllers have one. the only added buttons to the nes is the sync or turn off/change order button and L and R.

edit 2: I might've been able to get out of bloodstained with the sync/change order button, but my pro controller was 3rd. unfortunately, the only way to get out of the game was to reset the system. R becomes home only when you exit an nes game. L becomes snap shot. both together let you access the nes online game menu. from there, you can get out. if the snes controller is like that, you might have a problem.

edit 3: one last thing, L+R in a non-nes game does nothing.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Yugonibblit likes this.
  5. 402
    Yugonibblit

Mechanic
    It would be pretty nice with wireless and all. Maybe some kind of plug-in device or solder in mod I assume everybody will know much about it in the coming days. You your self already know about some of the things. Which I already knew your expertise would tell me something

pinky likes this.
  6. 30
    Nameless32

Nameless32 Member

7. 12,149
    pinky

yes, 8bitdo is an alternative. I think the lack of buttons might be a problem with the official controllers. did the super nes controller have L2 and R2? they call it's ZL and ZR on nintendo systems, but that's what they're called on playstation. it might've started with the n64 or the ps2, can't remember. I was playing mm anniversary collection on my ps2 yesterday. if you have navi enabled, you can swap weapons with the R and L buttons, so remapping buttons might be possible, it's just the lack of buttons that might pose a problem. I haven't gotten my order confirmation for the snes controllers. really, the only thing I don't like about the nes controllers is that they can only be charged with the system with makes the switch somewhat cumbersome.

edit: btw, I looked at the page for the snes controller. it comes with a usb charging cable, and there's a port for it on the front of the controller. I usually charge my joy cons with the charging grip, but I don't use the charging grip for actually playing games. the joy cons are too small for my hands, so the only game I've really used them on was odyssey. the motion controls in that game are fun, but a bit awkward with the pro controller. it has a gyroscope as well, but it feels weird to shake the controller.

Yugonibblit and Tidjane Ly like this.
  8. 12,149
    pinky

off topic, but @Yugonibblit did we meet originally in the 360 scene? I had a friend named gottuhaveit, so I was wondering if you were him. I lost your email address if so.

edit: btw, I may have found yet another bug in bloodstained. it hasn't crashed or anything, but when you get the inverter ability, I think the commands in it are wrong. I think it has using the L analog stick or dpad in reverse order by what's correct. I need to see it again, but it took me like 20 minutes to figure out how to do it. lol

Yugonibblit likes this.
  9. 402
    Yugonibblit

Mechanic
    No I have not met you at least I don't think I have.

pinky likes this.
  10. 12,149
    pinky

that solves that mystery. :D

Yugonibblit likes this.
  11. 12,149
    pinky

@Yugonibblit , I just got confirmation that my two snes controllers have been shipped. one of my friends said that he couldn't get them as they were sold out when he tried.

I'm hoping to play some more breath of fire and super mario world on the switch. I've gone through two dungeons in bof and one world in super mario world. smw suffers from the same thing as dkc1 though, which can be frustrating. enemies and objects come at you suddenly like they're loaded into memory just a split second before you encounter them. that's my experience anyway.

I may play some yoshi's island. I have the game on the wii u. I got 100% in it twice, since there was a mishap with my hdd the first time. I lost my super mario 64 save then. now, that game is brutal to 100%, especially when it comes to those 100-coin challenges.

btw, it's probably possible to use the snes controller on the pc. I know that the pro controller can be used in this manner with nothing extra. I have an adapter for my wii u pro controller. the method without one screws up my bluetooth devices, so the adapter is much easier to use. anyway, I think it comes up as a generic bluetooth controller. the snes controllers seem to be similar in design to the pro controller, so I'm assuming it will work. if not, there's probably a work around.

Yugonibblit likes this.
  12. 402
    Yugonibblit

Mechanic
    Hi @pinky thanks for all the great info the reason I was interested is I want to set ps3 for my mom she loves all Mario games 1,2,3 and Dr Mario the only hard part is teaching her to use the ps3...lol. we used to play those games all the time .........,next thing she is going to ask is can I update my ps3.!!!!!…...…lol. Hope you are doing well after disability. I unfortunately got denied with lawyer and everything. That is were you remember me we talked about it long ago. I was hit by a car on my bike. So I'm trying again my Hope's are probably going to be denied again.!!!. Thanks for your comments. It sure helps me feel better.im in and out on this site all the time. But my ambition is 0. I'm 51,52 in April so I feel f..ked over in life now I workedy my ass off in a junkyard for 25 years. I'm Pretty beat up from it.:bf:

pinky likes this.
  13. 12,149
    pinky

where do you want her to play these games? I'm guessing the pc? I'll try to remember to test the controller out on my laptop. the nes controllers on the switch work with other games, but since you have fewer buttons, you can't exit out of the game (no home button). I mostly bought both sets as collectors' items.

damn, that's awful. I feel for ya man. it took me 28 months to get disability after starting the process. I got rejected twice. I'm on ssi though, which I think is for people who haven't worked long enough. I had a lot of schooling, and I didn't work then. it probably hurts my case a little, being able to go to school, but things didn't get that bad until 3-4 years ago. I had one class that was up these steps at OU. I was deathly afraid to go down them especially with a bunch of people going up and down, so I'd think about it all during class.

it sucks that you don't get back what you paid into. I think you have to have worked 7 years to get normal social security, and it's probably for a lot more than I'm getting: $514/month. I also have food stamps at $77, and a gift card thing that I get $41 on the 28th of each month. I've spent a lot of money this month, so I'm glad this month is coming to a close. anyway, I'll pray that you get it. I had a friend in Japan get hit by a car while on his bike. he went to court for it in Japan. I'm not sure what came out of that.

Yugonibblit likes this.
  14. 402
    Yugonibblit

Mechanic
    Be glad this never happened to you. PART_1561778571298_IMG_20190621_104812.jpg road_runner-530cb58b-8f4f-45cc-a5f3-b77757146113.jpg

pinky likes this.
  15. 402
    Yugonibblit

Mechanic
    Been recovering for 5 months now not allowed to walk for a year.

pinky likes this.
  16. 12,149
    pinky

man, that looks painful. what happened? job injury? I think my ssi lasts about 3 years, then I have to reapply. they have a vocationist in there with the judge, which you may have noticed, and they cite how likely you'll be able to work. I didn't really know what was going on, but they said 0 jobs would be doable. I gave this form to my doctor who said I'd be off task most of the time. could be why it's so difficult for me to play video games anymore. I can't concentrate at all. of all the switch games I've bought, I only really play maybe five of them (ones I'm familiar with like mega man and dkc).

Yugonibblit likes this.
  17. 12,149
    pinky

@Yugonibblit , I just learned that the snes controllers -- it's only four to an account. I bought 2. the nes controllers were only 1 to an account, but you had to buy two of them. speaking of those controllers, nintendo made a unique connector. I thought that perhaps the nes controllers might work on the retron, but they didn't fit. I couldn't remember what the connector looked like. the nes and snes classics use the same connector, I believe, so an extension cable works with both. it's absolutely absurd how short the nes classics controller is. so far, of the nes, snes, genesis, and psx classics, the one that I think is the best one is probably the genesis mini. I'm not sure how well it can handle hacks. there's the occasional bug with the snes classic like a C8 error when exiting a game by reset or powering off. there's a c8 deterrent mod that I installed. I've only had it happen once since then. it doesn't totally kill it, but it kills most times it could happen. the error means that there are too many games on screen or too many games in one folder. it took me weeks to get everything right including checksum fixes. the only game that's weird about that is final fantasy v. and, afaik, nes games don't care about checksums. most emulators don't either, but I wanted to fix everything for hakchi.

Yugonibblit likes this.
  18. 402
    Yugonibblit

Mechanic
    Sorry not to reply ended up in the hospital bad vertigo they think can not get out off bed will reply better when I get better thank you for the update I will be laying here thinking about it....lol

pinky likes this.
  19. 12,149
    pinky

lmao. feel better, my friend. I was over-medicated last year, and I ended up in the hospital with no recollection of it. I also experience vertigo going down stairs, so I rest on my rear on the steps, and push myself forward even in my own house. I think my light-headedness in general has gotten better though.

Yugonibblit likes this.
  20. 12,149
    pinky

@Yugonibblit , I got those snes controllers. there's no home button, so while a game like bloodstained is playable (can now attack unlike the nes controllers), you can't exit the game. the only way I know of to fix it is by resetting the console. it has zl and zr like the nes controllers, which gets you to an option to select home, but that doesn't work with other games.

alright, I just tested it on the laptop. it works! it comes up as snes controller. I just did a quick test of dkc 2. every button works. I'm testing this on snes9x. you have to shut off the controller manually with the sync button after your gaming session is over. also, if you load the emulator, then the controllers (should be controller, then emulator via the sync button), you need to enable "detect controller changes." then, the controller will work again. it's unneeded if you turn the controller on before the emulator. :)

edit: I've done a little more testing. instead of going into the menu, you can access home with zR on the controller while on the switch. it only works with snes games though. I think zL will take snapshots. on an emulator, you can assign keys or hot keys to zL/zR. I have zR set to fast forward. use that option instead of increasing fps or you won't be able to turn it down unless you have decrease as zL. fast forward will only occur while your finger is on the button.

edit 2: it looks like you can get out of a game on the switch with a second controller like a pro one, holding down home 'til it connects, then x, close game. it may require the game to read a second controller though. btw, link's awakening is impossible with the snes controller. for some reason, nintendo only assigned movement to the analog stick, so you can't move. lol you can get out with a second controller though.

edit 3: on the computer, the snes controller acts as though it's looking to sync to something even when paired, but the controller works without issue, including turning it off with the sync button, then back on. I think it's the only way to turn off the controller if not using a switch.

edit 4: I found something else. remember to include diagonal directions for the dpad. if not, it will cause problems like delays. the dpad is so small that your thumb is literally over the whole thing. I think I've got everything sorted now.

edit 5: I just checked. the nes controller syncs and works as well with nestopia. problem though. when you have to charge, you have to reconnect the nes controller to the switch where it will resync with that.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Yugonibblit likes this.