The file manager for the PlayStation 2 that keep evolving as developer's are still keeping the legacy of the PS2 going. Developer's @sp193 & AKuHAK have taking over a new unofficial fork of the project titled wLaunchELF, which is a progression of the first unofficial build (uLaunchELF) and the original build of LaunchELF. this project spans many years and seen various developer's input and work within the projectover the years, Here we are not even midway in 2017 and we seen the 2nd update already to this very functional file manager for your Homebrew Enabled PS2 Console. The PS2 Homebrew Community is still doing some great things and progressing things very well with various improvements such as this file manager that keeps getting better through time and dedicated developers..
LaunchELF is a file manager program for the PlayStation 2.
The original LaunchELF project was by Mirakichi, who worked on versions prior to v3.41.
After Mirakichi stopped working on LaunchELF, E P and dlanor worked on unofficial LaunchELF (uLaunchELF) up to v4.42d. Due to real-life commitments, both E P and dlanor have been on a hiatus for quite a few years. Double-unofficial LaunchELF (wLaunchELF) is a new project by AKuHAK and SP193 that continues to bring new updates to our favourite file manager to the PlayStation 2.
The first stable release is slated to be LaunchELF v4.50, to mark the start of a new line of builds. As of today, we are still updating and fixing LaunchELF, so we will appreciate constructive comments and feedback about the quality and functionality of LaunchELF.
While E P and dlanor have not officially declared that they won't be ever coming back to continue work on uLaunchELF, I have decided to create a new thread in order to avoid cluttering their thread with posts regarding new bugs that are caused by the (rather invasive) work on the code.
- Move, copy, rename, delete files.
- Manage the partitions on the PlayStation 2 HDD unit.
- Supports skins.
- Supports HDD capacities up to 2TB.
- Supports USB Mass Storage Devices capacities up to 2TB.
- Supported devices: Memory Card, HDD unit, CD/DVD, USB Mass Storage Device, host.
- Known Issues: Unable to save network configuration to the HDD when the configuration folder is not first created.
NEW - LaunchELF v4.43a (2017-05-11)
LaunchELF v4.43a (2017-01-14)
- (PS2SDK) Fixed partition expand option (hopefully!).
- (PS2SDK) Re-enabled creation of all system partitions at HDD format.
- (PS2SDK) Updated ATAD, APA & PFS drivers.
- PlayStation discs can once again be accessed.
LaunchELF v4.43a (2016-12-16)
- Enabled renaming for USB Mass Storage devices.
- Fixed file copying (?) to USB Mass Storage devices.
- Updated network protocol stack. Networking should be working now.
- (kHn) Added AllowDVD IRX module, to enable DVD-video discs to be read (for ESR support, if uLaunchELF is used instead of FMCB).
- Adjusted Hiryu's libcdvd library to not cause a freeze, if there is no disc inserted.
- Removed the disc control option, since LaunchELF can now correctly determine if no disc is inserted.
- Removed IOP Reset option, since LaunchELF is always rebooting the IOP at boot.
- (doctorxyz) Added VGA mode.
- (doctorxyz) Added slash and back-slash characters to the on-screen keyboard.
- Cleaned up IOP reset code.
- Cleaned up loader module.
- Corrected region-detection code, for DVD player and OSDSYS update booting.
- Fixed support for HDD unit capacities up to 2TB.
- Cleaned up file I/O code, to use only fileXio.
- Re-enabled code that preserves the timestamp for files copied to the HDD unit.
- Compiled with the new PS2SDK updates.
Download: wLaunchELF v4.43a (build 2017/05/11): (Sendspace)
PS2 wLaunchELF v4.43a - New improvements to this very functional File Manager
By STLcardsWS on May 13, 2017 at 12:11 PM
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - April 2019 Progress Report - >40% of all Games are now fully playable!No, this isn't a late April Fools Message. As usual for every month (but a little bit delayed, I know ), the Great Team behind RPCS3 showcases their newest improvements and milestones in their newest Monthly Progress Reports. And speaking of milestones, April has another one as well. Now when you will Download their newest Build, you are able to emulate more than >40% of all PS3 Games without any errors etc. which leads into an "fully playable" status and means that you can enjoy those Game Titles as minimum as with the same good experience compared with an PS3 or even better (like with 4K Output Resolution, for instance). That's already pretty strong, don't you think?
Editor's Note: Maybe you have already experienced it before but the News Writers would like to remember you that since the beginning of 2019, we don't only introduce you with the newest Monthly Progress Report for RPCS3, but also some In-Game-Screenshot from various Game Titles provided by the Team from RPCS3, which saw a better compatibility or getting "Ingame" for the very first time. We hope you like that idea and we also recommend you to watch for Updates on every Progress Report, since many of those mentioned Screenshots will be showcased a few days later after the initial Progress Report.Continue reading
Wild Gunman Remake (35th Anniversary Edition) by Lapy GamesFollowing the release of Duck Hunt Remake (35th anniversary edition) developer Lapy05575948
of Lapy Games has developed another remake for another classic and this time around the zapper victim is the iconic Wild Gunman. The new Wild Gunman Remake is another great game to come to an exploited PS4 console near you but not only has the developer released a PS4 version but also includes a PS Vita port as well that is of course compatiable with those PlayStation TV's that Sony dismissed or gave the scene as a gift, we have never quite figured that out, either way Lapy is bringing us another great title for our enjoyment. The developer followed version v1.00 of Wild Gunman Remake with v1.01 that has given us the "game B" mode and plans for the "game C" mode as well. So stay tuned as we could see a new update from Lapy in the future. Also checkout some of Lapy's other projects for an exploited PS4 that is seeing a growing library of brew being tapped!!!Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.23 (by Aldostools) - Improving the Ps3HEN experience & moreCheck it out more PS3 Homebrew, this time around developer @aldostools is back with some updates to webMAN MOD improving the plugin experience for both CFW and Ps3HEN user;s in the latest update labeled as version v1.47.23. In this update there has been a fix to some blackscreen issues on homebrew that was being launched during the Content Scanning process, Also keys have been fixed and adjusted for Ps3HEN for the add-on pkg/rom launcher feature of wMM. The webMAN MOD installer and updater has new and updated detection mechanism in place for Ps3HEN. These are just some of the new features in this update but the developer has been busy with several updates in the recent, so be sure to checkout the previous changelogs if you have not been keeping up to date on this PS3 Plugin that is a must have for many Ps3 Owner's on either Custom firmware or Ps3HEN.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
MegaMan- War of the Past OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett
This XMB Mod adds an alternative GUI for selecting your "webMAN Games" from the XMB