The file manager for the PlayStation 2 that keep evolving as developer's are still keeping the legacy of the PS2 going. Developer's @sp193 & AKuHAK have taking over a new unofficial fork of the project titled wLaunchELF, which is a progression of the first unofficial build (uLaunchELF) and the original build of LaunchELF. this project spans many years and seen various developer's input and work within the projectover the years, Here we are not even midway in 2017 and we seen the 2nd update already to this very functional file manager for your Homebrew Enabled PS2 Console. The PS2 Homebrew Community is still doing some great things and progressing things very well with various improvements such as this file manager that keeps getting better through time and dedicated developers..
LaunchELF is a file manager program for the PlayStation 2.
The original LaunchELF project was by Mirakichi, who worked on versions prior to v3.41.
After Mirakichi stopped working on LaunchELF, E P and dlanor worked on unofficial LaunchELF (uLaunchELF) up to v4.42d. Due to real-life commitments, both E P and dlanor have been on a hiatus for quite a few years. Double-unofficial LaunchELF (wLaunchELF) is a new project by AKuHAK and SP193 that continues to bring new updates to our favourite file manager to the PlayStation 2.
The first stable release is slated to be LaunchELF v4.50, to mark the start of a new line of builds. As of today, we are still updating and fixing LaunchELF, so we will appreciate constructive comments and feedback about the quality and functionality of LaunchELF.
While E P and dlanor have not officially declared that they won't be ever coming back to continue work on uLaunchELF, I have decided to create a new thread in order to avoid cluttering their thread with posts regarding new bugs that are caused by the (rather invasive) work on the code.
- Move, copy, rename, delete files.
- Manage the partitions on the PlayStation 2 HDD unit.
- Supports skins.
- Supports HDD capacities up to 2TB.
- Supports USB Mass Storage Devices capacities up to 2TB.
- Supported devices: Memory Card, HDD unit, CD/DVD, USB Mass Storage Device, host.
- Known Issues: Unable to save network configuration to the HDD when the configuration folder is not first created.
NEW - LaunchELF v4.43a (2017-05-11)
LaunchELF v4.43a (2017-01-14)
- (PS2SDK) Fixed partition expand option (hopefully!).
- (PS2SDK) Re-enabled creation of all system partitions at HDD format.
- (PS2SDK) Updated ATAD, APA & PFS drivers.
- PlayStation discs can once again be accessed.
LaunchELF v4.43a (2016-12-16)
- Enabled renaming for USB Mass Storage devices.
- Fixed file copying (?) to USB Mass Storage devices.
- Updated network protocol stack. Networking should be working now.
- (kHn) Added AllowDVD IRX module, to enable DVD-video discs to be read (for ESR support, if uLaunchELF is used instead of FMCB).
- Adjusted Hiryu's libcdvd library to not cause a freeze, if there is no disc inserted.
- Removed the disc control option, since LaunchELF can now correctly determine if no disc is inserted.
- Removed IOP Reset option, since LaunchELF is always rebooting the IOP at boot.
- (doctorxyz) Added VGA mode.
- (doctorxyz) Added slash and back-slash characters to the on-screen keyboard.
- Cleaned up IOP reset code.
- Cleaned up loader module.
- Corrected region-detection code, for DVD player and OSDSYS update booting.
- Fixed support for HDD unit capacities up to 2TB.
- Cleaned up file I/O code, to use only fileXio.
- Re-enabled code that preserves the timestamp for files copied to the HDD unit.
- Compiled with the new PS2SDK updates.
Download: wLaunchELF v4.43a (build 2017/05/11): (Sendspace)
PS2 wLaunchELF v4.43a - New improvements to this very functional File Manager
By STLcardsWS on May 13, 2017 at 12:11 PM
webMAN MOD 1.47.12: New Auto PS2 Config / Support for boot_init.txt (like a "autoexec.bat" script)It appears that developer @aldostools is back in full force currently as we have seen the dev add new support with 4.83/4.84 DEX Support for webMAN MOD. While also Incorporating a few new features into the popular plugin as well. This powerful little plugin contains tons of functionality (feature list below), With this new release of v1.47.12, we now see a couple of fun new features have that have been introduced to the plugin as well.
For nonBC consoles owners, that use the webMAN MOD plugin to load and mount PS2 ISO will be pleased to know that developer Aldostools has added improved support for PS2 Configs with new automation and detection of PS2 Config files, like what we see in @Zar's ManaGunZ backup manager. Also another fun feature with some potential for various uses has been been support for boot_inif.txt, This feature is an automation feature (like a "autoexec.bat" script) that includes support for various commands outlined (see tab below). Some uses Aldostools has outlined have included the ability to backup important files at system boot like Game Saves, Registry Backup, Logs, ect,,, Swap Files, Remap multiple files/folders at startup, System clenup and/or initialization on every boot. For additional details about these newly added features please revert to the corresponding tabs below.Continue reading
PASTA 4.84 DEX CFW v1.0 (by Joonie) - For Debugging Stations / Converted Retail Consoles
It's pretty much inspired by @Rancid-o 's PS3iTA except this does not come with "CFW Setup" homebrew neither "Package Manager". I know the demographic is very little for this type of CFW but I could image this this would be still useful for those who do not want COBRA neither REBUG.
The features are pretty basic.For PSN, you will either have to use CCAPI or webMAN to spoof IDPS if your unit is converted retailContinue reading
4.84.1 REBUG REX (w/ Cobra v8.01 + Rebug Toolbox v2.03.01) Released (+ DECR LE version)Team REBUG just recently released 4.84 REBUG LITE Edition just the other day. Now,since that time the team has aquired all the resources needed for the creation of 4.84.1 REBUG REX Custom firmware . Now that the testing phase has concluded, the team has now released 4.84 REX version of their famed Custom Firmware for the PS3. What makes REX different from LITE is that Lite is made of only CEX (retail) firmware and REX contains both retail firmware and then also contains debug (DEX) firmware elements as well. To create this powerful hybrid custom firmware. Which expands the feature list over any other CFW type with the included REBUG Toolbox (requires pkg installation),
The updated Cobra payload of v8.00/1 that made its recent debut in habib's 4.84 Starbuged CFW has also been bundled with this latest version of REBUG REX. One of the highlights of the version 8.0 progression of the Cobra payload has been a new feature allowing Kernel payload support via plugin developed by habib, The update to Cobra also brought a number of new improvements besides that lone feature, other feature consist of a much faster boot time on start up as in Cobra 8.00+ stage 1 has been removed. Then also in this version of REX you should note COBRA is ENABLED by default where as in previous versions of REX it has not been and required a toggled "ON" via the REBUG Toolbox, that is no more, in this version its enabled "out of the box" and ready to goContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
Beats Of Rage OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett