Following the previous update, Developer DEFAULTDNB (aka KiiWii) is back again a large new update (v1.5.5) for the PS4 utility known as X-Project. This PS4 AIO "Swiss Army" knife for the PS4 is jam packed with immense functionality and has added even more abilities in v1.5.5. This Self Host utility will inject various payloads to your PS4 while containing other useful features, Additional details about this release for your 5.05 exploited PS4 can be seen in the included dialog below and even more important details can be seen in the link included at bottom of the article.
- Material styled "XMB" design
- D-Pad navigation (as requested)
- EVERY PAYLOAD AVAILABLE!
- MP4 player: full featured player, where you can load and play films across network!
- All Payloads up to date as of today (14/02/2018)!
- Distinct app group categories: HEN/LINUX/CHEATS, etc.
- Page within page loaders where possible by @Leeful.
- Customizable wallpaper (place wallpaper.jpg on root).
- Firmware and spoof detection.
- Separate USB PC FILES: all the apps you need PC-side, and all the root hdd configs and db files required by various payloads.
- Caching from offlinexmb.cache file (NOTE: cache speed depends on the connection between the PS4 and the host)
- Stringently tried and tested by @Leeful and myself for stability and ease of use.
1.5.5 Changelog (REGULAR version):
- Triple version bump due to LOTS OF NEW things :P
- Version number is displayed in multiple places so you know which version you're using.
- Improved information panel, now shows more information so you know whats going on
- (Can be hidden or shown again by clicking show/hide, perma-hidden or perma-showing based on toggle)
- X-Project (not PS4) debug menu is now able to be perma-toggled) (New hidden goat icon for test payload!)
- Fixed debug menu "ghost column" issue (been there since day one!)
- Added Cache and FW detection, along with network/tracking/and true firmware detection (from cold boot).
- THIS VERSION MUST BE CACHED DUE TO ITS SIZE! (Not optional if you want a stable experience: why wouldn't you?!)
- X-Project will auto scroll to cache icon if it detects that its not been cached.
- Added Trophy notifications! A light weight framework to display a notification. (on first boot and when cached you will hear the notification sound, after this you wont as you cannot cache sounds)
- Added personalization: enter a username, and your ftp ip address! (Will now say "WELCOME BACK: DEFAULTDNB" and "CHOOSE A PAYLOAD DEFAULTDNB". Gets reset when browser data is deleted)
- UI colours are customizable on PC through X-PROJECT 1.5.5/CSS/CUSTOM.CSS file. (Open it up with any text editor and modify with ease)
- New unicode icons (used to contain 250~ usable, now 900+ usable)
- Improved button icons for GTA payloads and quick launchers (icon.css)
- Added notifications to linux and mira payloads as they didn't has notifications to indicate state.
- Quick, Cache and Debug icons are now colour to make them simpler to find.
- Added details page: Fakers plastered their names all over our work, we do it subtly
- Updated a few companion PC tools.
- Updated payloads to latest
- Added new payloads:
- 4 new Linux loaders (Tested and verified by @Leeful), avatar dumper/injector, hen 1.7 and hen 1.6 (user requests), webrte, orbisdbg, hen+VR+mira payload for quick testing and debugging PSVR-brew
- Updated credits page.
- New default wallpaper
- Renamed & reorganised payloads (mainly HEN payloads)
- Moved mira and binloader payloads to the SYSTEM column.
- Removed Test loader, now load test payloads directly through content iframe instead of a new page.
- Removed Testkit payloads (didn't work)
- Left Stick: Mouse
- Left Stick click: Zoom out (Browser function not X-Project)
- Right Stick: Scroll
- Right Stick Click: Zoom in (Browser function not X-Project)
- PS button: Minimize browser.
- D-Pad Up: Scroll Up
- D-Pad Down: Scroll Down
- D-Pad Left: Scroll Left
- D-Pad Right: Scroll Right
- X: Select Payload
- Square: Full screen
- Circle: Back
- Triangle: Browser Search (Browser function not X-Project)
- L1: Load HEN 1.8 + VR (9.00 spoofed)
- R1: Load FTP Server with Full R/W access
- L2: Previous Tab (Browser function not X-Project)
- R2: Open New Tab (Browser function not X-Project)
As of 1.5.5 X-Project now comes with @leefuls "Exploit Host Server.exe":
Alternate hosting methods are here:
- Connect your PS4 and PC to the same network (using update blocker and alazifs DNS to protect from updates), run "Exploit Host Server.exe" from the same location as the X-Projects index.html, copy the address exactly as it shows (case sensitive and needs index.html on the end to cache successfully) into the PS4 browser (example: http://192.168.0.21/index.html), and away you go!
- The USB folder contains config files for the payloads, and applications for use on PC.
Flash the ESP version with NodeMCU PyFlasher: https://github.com/marcelstoer/nodemcu-pyflasher/releases
X-Project it is live hosted and cache-able from these places:
The official X-Project android host:
Self hosting must be entered entirely relative, and must include the index.html at the end of the address: http://172.25.63.1/myconnect/xproject/index.html
Some payloads occasionally have to spit out an OOM error , its just how it is. PS button out, go back into browser, and try again.
Once any payload is loaded, you must hit the PS button to close the browser, then you can reopen X-Project main page to load the next payload.
If you get excessive OOM errors, restart your console, then once at XMB restart it again, to clear the memory.
If you get any kernel panic crash, reboot your console, then once at XMB: restart the console again, to avoid another crash when loading the next payload.
Run the MakeCache.bat to make a fresh cache manifest if you edit or add any files.
Additional info can be found @:
PS4 X-Project v1.5.5 - A big update from defaultdnb
By STLcardsWS on Feb 16, 2019 at 7:42 PM
Developer @TheoryWrong talks about "OrbisSWU" - An interesting approach for Downgrading your PS4 ???Remember back in the old days when instead of installing an Kernel/Web-Exploit like nowadays, you asked "how I can install an Custom Firmware (CFW)" or something like "how I can Downgrade my Console"? Of course, todays attempts aren't that bad since you get a similar functionality in terms of running Homebrew for instance, but not quite for 100% compared to the old days. Especially not when we talk about the possibilities of modifying a PlayStation 3 compared to the PlayStation 4 today. In fact, there was a time where everyone wanted to "Downgrade" his/her PS3 from an higher System Firmware (OFW) to bring the functionality of Homebrew back to their PS3. Or can you remember when your Blu-ray Drive wasn't working anymore due to its age or because of an failed Downgrade process so everytime when you wanted to install a newer, higher CFW, it failed with displaying an error message and you had to install those "noBD" CFWs? While the latter one was already achieved for older Firmwares below <4.75 in the past, it will be still interesting to achieve both a Downgrading possibility and a "noBD" support for higher Firmwares on a PS4 as well. The good thing is, well-known Developer @TheoryWrong asked the same question to himself. And it gets even better; he is ready to show his progress so far So lets have a look at it. Continue reading
RetroArch (PS2 - v1.8.8) - Utilizing New PS2 SDK / Toolchain adds performance upgradesThere has been some great work being done in the PS2 community, First off i would like to give two PS2 developer a big shoutout and some recognition (I failed in doing so in my previous coverage back in April, thanks to @TnA for pointing that out ) with work done on the PS2 SDK / Toolchain as PS2 developer's @uyjulian and @Maximus32 have been working and progressing the toolchain and SDK for sometime as you can read about some of that progress and follow some of the development in this thread.
Developer @fjtrujy has also put in some great work to the project and has utilized and adopted the improved toolchain for the RetroArch PS2 port and can be seen with the release of RetroArch v1.8.8 and its been a good descion for the homebrew (multi-system emulator) as it has been getting significant performance increases, right now we only have one new core and its a classic from the 80's (theodore libretro core), but the existing cores have an incredible performance boost for instance the QuickNESContinue reading
The latest with RetroArch (PS4-Unofficial): PSP emulation in next update along with OOSDK conversionSince the release of unofficial version of RetroArch (PS4-R3) from developer @OsirisX and subsequently the source code release that came along with it, we surprisingly have not seen or heard much in regards to an official team adopting this release to make it official. We can however more then likely gather some clues and "connect some dots" from the OG port that started it all on the PS3 and has since been pulled in recent and replace with the still in development Psl1ght (Open Source) SDK port rather then the previous versions that used the official sony sdk. With the Open Orbis SDK (OoSDK) release recently for the PS4, this seems to be the approach for the PS4 to become official as well,
Recently developer OsirisX has stated that he wants to convert the project's to OoSDK before another release is made, but the developer has already made some progress and teases a bit of that progress in the video below showing a new core being supported in PPSSPP. When asked about potential PSP or PS2 Support the developer stated the plan is to include PSP support (via PPSSPP core) in the next release. The teaser video show's GTA Vice City Stories being quite playable (video shows FPS counter) so if this game looks this well, many others should play very well also. There is still alot of great development going on with this port by developer OsirisX. .Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: