Developer KiiWii (aka defaultdnb) has released a new project called X-Project (XMB SELF HOST PROJECT) for PS4-5.05. This All-in-One Toolbox contains all your payload needs in a XMB type of environment. The toolbox offers alot of customizing ability to its theming and also the payloads you wish to include. The XMB Themed style toolbox contains 10 categories (columns) as follows: HEN, BLOCK, LINUX, BACKUP, SYSTEM, TOOLS, CHEATS, MENUS, CACHE, ABOUT. Learn more about X-Project and all the features its contains in the details from KiiWii release docs.
If you're reading this then I finally got my ass in gear and got a release out the door!
X-Project (XMB SELF HOST PROJECT) aims to be the AIO customizable tool box for all your payload needs. Something the community can dissect and adapt, improve and contribute to: for the good of everyone! This project was the evolution of my now discontinued 4.55 self host packs, updating to something for 5.05 which was far more dynamic.
- Material styled "XMB" design
- In page sound/music POC with play/pause toggle (swap it out easily for your own music!)
- Easy customization (colors, font, sizes, icons, number of categories/payloads)
- 40+ Payloads:
- VTXHEN 1.7, Mirahen 1.7, Mira, Bin Loader, Mira+Bin Loader, blocker + ftp, unblocker, blocker EX, unblocker EX, Kexec, EepLinux, Linux, VTXDUMP 1.8, DB_SG, APPTOUSB 3.0, APPTOUSB1, USB FPKGS, Eversion (Kdump), KernelDumper, FS_Dumper, VR_Enabler, VTXFTP, FTP+R/W, ReactPSPlus, UnReactPSPlus, ReactPSPlus Moddable, PS4Trainer, JKPatch, PS4Cheater, PS4API, APII Intense EU 1.27, Lamance, Psyc0s, APII Intense 1.00, WildeMods, Trainer, NotAnotherMenu, ArabicGuy, Lamance 127, COD: ONLINE, VTX+COD: ONLINE, HOST_CACHE, USBCacheInstall, CacheInstall, ApplicationCache & HistoryBlocker!
- All Payloads up to date as of today (July 21)!
- Easily up-gradable payloads (or await updates)
- 10 distinct categories:
- HEN, BLOCK, LINUX, BACKUP, SYSTEM, TOOLS, CHEATS, MENUS, CACHE, ABOUT.
- Page within page loaders where possible.
- AIO VTXHEN 1.7 + Latest version of GTAV Mod Menus (and non HEN version included).
- AIO VTXHEN 1.7 + BO3 COD: ONLINE (and non HEN version included)
- Caching from offlinexmb.cache file (NOTE: it's huge: seriously I timed it: it takes 5 full minutes!
- Tried and tested browser "stability" through spawned tabs (It just works better!)
- Left Stick: Mouse
- Left Stick click: Zoom out
- Right Stick: Scroll
- Right Stick Click: Zoom in
- PS button: Minimize browser.
- Stick throttle is a little touchy if you accidentally push up/down+direction (possibly more so on DUALSHOCK 4 V2)
- Some payloads have to spit out an OOM error before it runs, its how Specter built the loader (bin loader or mira for example)
- VTXHEN+GTAV Mod Menus spits out 1 OOM error before loading, but they work fine
- VTXHEN+BO3 COD: ONLINE spits out 2 OOM errors before loading, but works fine
- Once any payload is loaded, you must hit the PS button to close the browser, then you can reopen X-Project main page to load the next payload.
- If you get excessive OOM errors, restart your console, then once at XMB restart it again, to clear the memory.
- If you get any kernel panic crash, reboot your console, then once at XMB restart it again, to avoid another crash when loading the next payload.
- For some reason you cannot cache the MP4 video used for sound.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I put this on my ESP: You cant, its not designed for ESP devices. It's designed for any other method of self hosting as mentioned in my AIO PS4 EXPLOIT GUIDE.
There are too many payloads: Remove the ones you don't want from index.js, and from the payloads folder (edit .cache too).
My right-analog stick goes crazy: Some pads may have a throttling issues, however its rare. The interface has a knack to it, it may jump if its still loading, and unfortunately I cant swap navigation to the D-PAD or Left Analog stick.... yet.... (PS4 API is in my sights).
I cant load a second payload: Press PS button, and re-enter the web browser between each payload, unless its an AIO where it will load 2 in a row for you. Then press the PS button when loaded. This is a known problem with the web browsers limitations.
I get KP (Kernel Panic): Start up the console: reboot it TWICE, then start from cold boot.
I get OOM errors: If you get more than 3 there is an issue, hold O to close every open tab, PS button back out the browser, reboot, then start from cold boot.
Caching takes so long: It's because you're caching every payload of the X-Project: it will take a few mins! You can always remove payloads from the index.js, and edit the cache down to just what you need.
It's not perfect: Please contribute! Rewrite any parts that can be optimized or adapted and DM or @ mention me to update the main project! I wont be offended, in fact: I want it to be community driven!
I don't like the music: Mute it or change it, it's super simple! Alternatively rename the xproject.html page to index.html to skip it altogether.
If you think somethings missing: please @ mention me and let me know, I will add it in the next update or hot fix!
- @fenwick67 XMB based on his codepen.io.
- @Leeful who is an absolutely legendary tester and coder.
V1 (MD5: 2ACFA8C8C0060CCE8D2186BB00DF17A1)
OFFLINE CACHE FIX: zippyshare.com/v/gUt0mNqB/file.html
(replace offlinexmb.cache with this one) Thanks @Leeful
Source (Release Post): gbatemp.net
PS4 X-PROJECT (XMB SELF HOST PROJECT) 5.05 by KiiWii
By STLcardsWS on Jul 21, 2018 at 1:05 PM
OpenGL ES implementation on the PS4 (Write-Up) provided by flatzPS4 homebrew development while at a sluggish pace since the PS4 was first exploited (in 1.76) does have some developer's that keep building the foundation for the scene. Developer flatz has provided and shared so many accomplishments on various devices, but the developer is one of the talented PS4 devs that is doing their part and then some to move the scene forward. In my opinion i still believe the ps4 console needs a current exploit as explained here to reach that next level and draw in more developer's and truly be a great platform for homebrew. However one of the busiest developer is doing alot following the previous coverage of OpenGL and C# code support developer flatz has now released a new Write-Up detailing the OpenGL ES implementation on the PS4. This is no doubt a good things for development of homebrew and the PS4 scene in general, but the question is how many developer are out there on the platform that will make good use of it with a new project..Obvious this is a great step forward..Continue reading
Why the PS4 needs a Current Firmware ExploitIt has been no secret and quite honestly comes to no surprise by the lack of participation in the development circles around the PS4 and more specifically homebrew development on the console, Don't get me wrong there has been various developer's working their tails off and doing some amazing things on the platform and alot of great documentation on the console, which alot of that documentation can found at places such as the PS4DevWiki, but when has a scene or a community been about a few individuals or groups? It never has and no small groups of people can carry a scene by themselves, Around the scene you see things being stated like "anyone can help contribute" and while that is true due to many things being Open Source from some of developer's working on the PS4, However, what can we expect for a platform (past exploited firmware) that never had that current firmware window (as all other exploited devices typically have at some point)? That has been the longstanding issue for the PS4 Homebrew Community by not having an exploit that originates on the current firmware of that time of release. Even if that window is shortContinue reading
[6x Update (Dec. 08)] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebe6x UPDATE (December 08) - Now the 7th Video Released in last days / weeks
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
A simple upgrade for the official shell