XBLA on 360 RGH issues

Discussion in 'XBOX 360' started by kapa, Jan 31, 2016.

1. 156
    kapa

kapa Member

Hi,

I've a xbox 360 slim with RGH (coolrunner rev c) and the "normal" games works perfectly, i put them on internal hdd and freestyle / aurora recognizes the games, but i do the same to xbla games and it doesnt work... i've tried to put them on content folder (hdd1/content/000000) and on a folder created by me, for ex (hdd1/xbla) but two things happens to me:

1 - the game doesnt appear to be choosen or
    2- the game appears, i can make download of the update, but doesnt run...

I've tried everything, can anyone give me a hand?

Thanks in advance

2. 10,789
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

r u using aurora or freestyle dash? ur scan depth may not be right. keep it between 2 and 4 for best/fastest results. see if u can load the game(s) through the normal, metro dash or try loading them through dashlaunch.

3. 156
    kapa

kapa Member

hi, thanks for you response.

I'm having this issues with both dashboards, my xbox 360 boots always on freestyle first, so that is my main dashboard, but i've the aurora folder on internal hdd, so when i wanted, i change it.

My problem is that the games that appears on freestyle/aurora dashboard dont boot, try to run xm360 to unlock them but give me fatal error, and other games simple doesnt appear to be choosed...

It's possible to unlock xbla games on pc? there is another dashboard better for run xbla games?

Thanks in advance

4. 10,789
    pinky

I believe the button to enter the normal dashboard is no longer usable via dashlaunch which is obviously installed if ur booting into freestyle dash by default. go to system settings to get into the metro dashboard, then try one of the games there. u can also boot them with dashlaunch. there's not really a better dashboard, no. the games should run. there r two apps that will unlock games on the pc: yaris swap and organize lazouzzz. though, most often times games/dlc r already unlocked. they contain a device id and a profile id with unlocking them 0'ing out both of them. btw, what happens when u click on the game? does it do nothing or do u get an error? a fatal error usually means there's a problem with one of the game's/app's files most notably the default.xex or main executable file (i.e. the equivalent of the eboot.bin).

5. 156
    kapa

kapa Member

Pinky, i'll try to reinstall xm360 to see if does the same. When i clik on the game doesnt do nothing, dont give me any error... xbla games are the only thing that i can run on my xbox 360... this weekend i'll try that two apps that u told me and i'll post here the results ;)

Many thanks for you help

6. 10,789
    pinky

if it does nothing, the system most likely can't find the default.xex. it won't display an error either. have u tried reflashing the system in case perhaps dashlaunch is messed up?

7. 10,789
    pinky

I forgot to mention that the "error," or rather the game not loading can also be due to faults in the default.xex if the system can indeed find the file. it's difficult to know what's wrong as I've never heard of that issue. that's y I think dashlaunch might be responsible. keep the games in the content/0000..... location on the hdd or the correct location on the usb. try to load on the normal dash. games will appear as a controller icon on the dash (won't appear icon-wise unless ur connected to xbox live anymore despite the icon of the game being within the default.xex). try to load. if that doesn't work, go with xexmenu. now, this is set as a demo which will have half a controller icon. click on that, then click on the game's main container. I'm honestly not sure what will happen if a game isn't unlocked. if it would stop u from executing the game...but most likely not. u'd probably get an error. what happens is that the profile and device id r zeroed out, because the live key is unknown. with both 0'd out, the system won't be aware, so the content will load. it's like how u can change region or manipulate content with a jtag, but can't do as such for a flashed console and correct it to boot. the security sectors can't be fixed basically. that's a nonissue for ur console though.

8. 156
    kapa

kapa Member

[MENTION=3657]pinky[/MENTION], problem solved ;)

I've pass all xbla games through content manager (pc app) and patch them before pass to xbox, all games are working now.

Many thanks for your help

9. 10,789
    pinky

I had forgotten about content manager since I don't use it. I'm glad u got it working though.

10. 10,789
    pinky

I just had a thought. let me preface by saying I'm not entirely sure what happens if a locked game is placed on the system since I've always unlocked beforehand with xm360 or yaris swap, but what may have happened is that the games were locked and perhaps in the wrong folder for xm360 to find and unlock. as u probably know, the only content that requires a key, ur xuid, r avatar items. all others r zero'd out to force them to work. that seems to be the most likely reason y content wouldn't work for u. u can place xbla games anywhere on the system for aurora or FSD2/FS3, but the content will only be found by xm360 if located in the content/0000... content manager will not only unlock content but place them into the correct folder on the system which is y I suspect that's what was happening. the only time I've had a game perform that way was when its trainer default.xex was corrupted.

btw, in case ur wondering or just for kicks, yaris swap is named after a game called yaris on xbla. the game was free, so it's the basis for unlocking content as it makes other games free. it was removed from xbla as a result. the header is the key with the game, so the header of other games r replaced by the header of yaris to make them free or read as free at least. xm360 and content manager use the same method to make games free. I just thought that might explain the name as well as how free games work on the system. :) u can't do that with avatar items as they need ur xuid for some reason which u can retrieve by extracting ur profile.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  11. 156
    kapa

kapa Member

Hi, thanks for you support and explanation [MENTION=3657]pinky[/MENTION]

It's really weird, because when i scan the xbla files with content manager, CM tells me that the xbla file is unlocked, but for some reason, it only work after i patch the files with content manager..

I was trying to run xbla files since december, i just pass them directly from torrent folder to xbox via ftp, i've tried to create a dedicated folder first, then on content/0000/ but never worked out! Now with CM worked at the first time! I've tried with a simples xbla game first (pinball) and then with bigger files, and without issues... it's possible that the files that i have are unlock but unlocked with some defect? Is the only reason that i see that can explain this...

12. 10,789
    pinky

I've never had such issues, so the games may have had some issues. the content/0000... folder is the normal folder, so it should work from there. that's the only folder location that the metro or normal dash will load them which is y I suggested that.

13. 156
    kapa

kapa Member

From the little that i understand, the xbox itself should be able to unlock the xbla files, right? I've seen that option on dashlauncher, and i've enabled it, but whit no real effect... well... the important is that now xbla content is working on my rgh :)

One last question, the modchip have influence on the rgh and its features? or are all the same after glich kick in? I've a CoolRunner Rev C installed on mine

14. 10,789
    pinky

the 360 can't unlock containers by itself. which dashlaunch option have u enabled?

edit: I might also mention that the ps3 fixes utilize the same principle - making games free. thus, the game won't require some sort of key.

15. 18
    Mr.Burns

Mr.Burns Forum Noob

Self-Employed
    huh, I learn something new everyday.