XMB Thumb nails for install PKG files

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Xploiting, Aug 14, 2019.

1. 59
    Xploiting

Xploiting Forum Noob

I have just posted this at the bottom of a thread but not sure if its still been viewed so decided to post a new one just incase.
    Ive created the PKG files and installed them, 99% of them have worked fine but there is the odd one that have not installed the game cover that I selected when doing the work on PS2classic _GUI has not appeared on the XMB and i just have the place holder image.
    Now I'm wondering if I can swap out the ICON0.PNG with a jpeg of the cover art (providing I convert the .jpeg to .png) and just do a database rebuild or do i have to re do the PKG file and reinstall

2. 6,434
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    You can just swap the ICON0.PNG in dev_hdd0/game/ and reboot. No need for a database rebuild or pkg reinstall, thats only required for PARAM.SFO changes as that info gets added to the database, the ICON0.PNG is loaded on each boot/mount..

Xploiting likes this.
  3. 59
    Xploiting

Xploiting Forum Noob

Thanks @DeViL303 . Ive swapped out one of the ICON.PNG files with a new one and restarted the ps3 but now, where i had the PS2 Place Holder its just a spinning symbol (like its trying to load the image but cant).
    so i tried a database rebuild anyways but that didnt make any difference.
    Any ideas what it could be?
    Woudl it matter that I am making the changes using filezilla instead of on the ps3 using multiman?

4. 6,434
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Make sure you have the file extension and file name in all capitals, so ICON0.PNG not icon0.png or ICON0.png. Also make sure you dont have 2 extensions like ICON0.PNG.PNG, this can happen if file extensions are hidden in your OS settings.

How you transfer it makes no difference really.

If its still not working try copy another ICON0.PNG there from another folder in game, just to see if its an issue with your image format.

5. 59
    Xploiting

Xploiting Forum Noob

So now I am managing to get the image to change but as soon as i come out of the PS2 games folder (on the XMB, its how I have them organized) and go back in, it goes again. even after a restart its not showing again