Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by pinky, Sep 28, 2019.

1. 12,149
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

just a heads up, guys. I knew there was a sequel in the works, but I just found out yesterday, while skimming new releases on the eshop, that this game is going to be released on October 8th (think that's what it said). the game isn't one that involves all these collectibles like the first, but it's being compared to donkey kong country. it's now a side-scrolling platformer. I prepurchased it (it's only $29.99). now, I only have about 5.7GBs left on my micro sd card, but I'll keep new downloads on my two 128GB cards, hoping that perhaps the 1TB cards come down in price (last time I checked they were around $388). maybe black Friday will have them at a decent price?

I guess this game will be a little bit like how jak and daxter 2 is nothing like the first one (a collectible game).

I just made this thread in case anyone is looking forward to this game. I've been, and I didn't know it was so close to release.

Casavult likes this.
  2. 278
    Casavult

Casavult Member

Personally I'm not as excited about this as I was for Yooka Laylee but I think I'll wait until it's released and watch more videos before I purchase it.

I really enjoyed Yooka Laylee though. I got the whole Banjo Kazooie feeling that I was looking for and the gameplay was excellent.

pinky likes this.
  3. 12,149
    pinky

the company released a limited supply of retail versions. I think having to buy it digitally turned a lot of people off. they ran out of those rather quickly, and they were in an n64 type box.

I think there's banjo kazooie on the 360, since I think it's a Rare game and microsoft owns Rare. I didn't like it much. I like yooka-laylee though. some of those pagies are hard af to get. I think I only have like 11 of them.

4. 278
    Casavult

Casavult Member

I still haven't finished Yooka Laylee. I was about 70% through the game before my PS4 HDD died :(

Luckily, It was uploaded to the PS Save Cloud so I was able to recover it but I think by the time I got around to getting a new HDD, I was sidetracked with another new game at that time lol.

I've literally just bought a PS4 Pro two days ago as the same PS4 has now died but I'm hoping I can pick this game up again. I really want to finish it and I'm pretty close to achieving the platinum trophy too so fingers crossed lol

pinky likes this.
  5. 12,149
    pinky

I get sidetracked too, very easily. I'm in the process of trying to beat dragon quest 1 on the switch. I remember these old rpgs that gave you little direction.