PS3 Downgrading CECH-2504A?

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by magix01, Feb 5, 2019.

1. 14
    magix01

magix01 Forum Noob

@Cypher_CG89

I followed some tutorial from youtube to patch and pack games for PS3Xport Tool then used fat32 usb stick to put one game on it, when i restored the backup weird thing happened as i got some error like "This backup cant be restored as it is from another console" i clicked ok and it went on regardless and it also asked to format my hdd which i did.

When console booted up it was rebuilding database and i had my game (Toy Story 3) injected and able to play, however i had GTA V installed from my cd and it was gone, so i guess the internal hdd is formatted while doing this. I backed up my save games to flash drive beforehand.

I dont have time to test this further but i think that each time you inject new game you have to inject all your previous games or inject game by game and backup saves to the cloud.

Was asking this question in case someone knows the method to just apply new injected games, but even like this it is very usable and "safer" to play online i guess.

Real question now is, could this open a new way of modding games, if there are no hash checks when restoring these games from the console side it potentially could?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. 1,637
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    This is why I asked if you checked the thread for answers, YouTube is not the best place for guides on how to do stuff like this as I call them " Click Bait ", they are more interested in vid " views " than if it contains the right instructions or not and furthering their channel by seeming to " Know " what they are doing but in reality they don't have clue as to what they are doing and cause's more problem's than solve's them. This site is the best source of info as the dev's that make these tools and methods are mainly on here.

I just had a quick look at the process and this is my basic understanding for it....

Make a backup of all your data to a USB device > do whats necessary to resign and convert the game > inject that game into the backup data > restore the data to the PS3.​

The back up all of your data would be all games as well with the back up utility so all your current games and stuff are in the backup you are about to inject the new game to. The more games you have in the back up and the more games you inject into the backup the longer the process takes.

As for the GTA game going missing, I have no clue as to why this would happen as it should of been in the backup you made before you injected the new game. The best person to ask about this issue would be Inm7 the dev how created this method for backup injection on 4.83 OFW.

3. 14
    magix01

magix01 Forum Noob

I forgot to mention that i havent made any backups i downloaded this guys PS3 dummy backup file and injected in it :)

However, even without my own backup all the users that were on PS3 are still there so the restore process only deleted games and not the users and system settings. It even added this guys dummy backup user.

4. 1,637
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    This will be why the games have been deleted then, as there wasn't a backup of the original data and the Backup Utility wipes the HDD before restoring the data.

5. 14
    magix01

magix01 Forum Noob

Would it be possible to take out PS3 internal drive, read its filesystem and insert games directly, rather than injecting these backup all the time, it would save alot of time?

Edit:
    I just learned that internal drive is encrypted with unique per console key, so any way to dump the key and where is it located?

I can make my own mount software if i had the key.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  6. 534
    kadorna2

kadorna2 Member

you need the eid_root_key, which is unique to each console, and can only be obtained using custom firmware. also the available programs for mounting the ps3 hdd on pc are READ ONLY, you CANNOT write to the ps3 hdd using a computer