Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3HEN - F.A.Q.

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by STLcardsWS, May 5, 2019.

1. 25
    Yordi

Yordi Forum Noob

2. 25
    Yordi

Yordi Forum Noob

Can any tell me the best configuration of temperature on webman.i live in cuba,the daily tem its over 28-32C .tanks

3. 2,814
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    The new version of webMAN MOD has a less agressive dynamic fan control so I would let webMAN control the fan speed by checking the dynamic fan control box, esspecially if your getting high ambient temps as a manual set fan speed might still allow the temps to get a bit hotter than you would like as it will stay one speed no matter how hot it gets whereas the dynamic will react to the temp changes.

Also if you have not replaced the thermal paste in your PS3 since you got it then this would also be a good idea, as well as cleaning out all the dust from the console.

Yordi likes this.
  4. 6
    dani_boy6-

dani_boy6- Member

Any way I can enable hen offline? I installed hen a while back but my ps3’s WiFi suddenly stopped working... hence, I can’t acces ps3xploit anymore.

5. 25
    Hoppers

Hoppers Member

Theres a typo:
    Can I play PS2 / PSP on PS3HEN ?
    • Not Supported: PS2ISO's and PSPISO's are not Supportted (even in v2 that gave PS3 ISO support) ^ right there

Algol likes this.
  6. 27
    Dashing21

Dashing21 Member

Hi, I was planning to install this on my super slim. Here are some dumb questions that I wanted to ask,
    1. Can I load game backups normally from multiman ? Just like we do in CFW or do I have to resign games first ?

2. Can I load backups from external HDD ?

7. 3,237
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

The text in that line is obsolete... According to this changelog, PSP ISO is supported since PS3HEN 2.1.2 r14.

• PS2ISO's are not supported. Only encrypted PS2 Classics ISOs (.BIN.ENC) are supported. They need to be stored in the internal hard drive (dev_hdd0).
    • PSPISO's are supported (CSO are not supported). They require a PSP Launcher to start the game. They can be stored in the internal hdd or external usb drive (FAT32).

@STLcardsWS Could you add atreyu187's tips to Useful Guides?
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/tips-to-avoid-black-screens-and-hen-init-failusers.24983/

1. You don't need to resign backup games, except when you convert them from retail to PSN or viceversa.
    2. Yes

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    STLcardsWS, Algol and jolek like this.
  8. 2
    Vbielgb

Vbielgb Forum Noob

I have a question, if I install hen, I can play online using HAN without having hen enabled. For example I connect ps3 active HAN and I usually play online?

9. 2
    Vbielgb

Vbielgb Forum Noob

Can I use hen to transfer a pkg file to ps3 using an external hard drive and then install and play with Han?

10. 25
    Yordi

Yordi Forum Noob

Yes .you can instal and play pkg stored in your hdd

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  11. 1
    trokolo

trokolo Forum Noob

Hello, I´m newbie wiht PS3,
    I have installed HEN in my superslim PS3 with HFW 4.84 and all works fine.
    My doubt is, if I want to remove HEN and let the PS3 as factory default with OFW is possible?

Thanks a lot.

12. 1,371
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Reinstalling OFW or HFW 4.84 via the Recovery Menu will remove the HEN installation altogether and return the PS3 to an unexploited state. Reinstalling HFW will have the same effect as OFW, with the difference being you could re-exploit with HEN at a later stage if you decided to.

Algol and trokolo like this.
  13. 1
    night86

night86 Forum Noob

Hello everyone,

I have some questions (I searched for info about this but couldn't find anything specific...)

1 - Is it possible to have the console on HFW and play original purchased games just by not activating HEN? I would like to know if both types of games (purchased + "backups") can coexist and be played.

2 - Is it recommended to create an extra PSN account just for using it with HEN?

If someone would be so kind to help me with an answer/guidance I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

14. 31
    newtothepartyhdd

newtothepartyhdd Member

What is the most efficient way to disable syscalls on PS3HEN?

Also, is it possible to access content installed with PKGs and RAPs without enabling HEN? And is it safe to do so while signed into PSN? For example, if I were to install things with HEN enabled and activate them by launching them once while HEN is enabled, then rebooting the system, would it be safe for me to sign into PSN and then play the things I installed?

15. 26
    CrashV

CrashV Forum Noob

Install Webman mod >>Enable Hen >>Hold R2+Triangle at the same time until you hear a beeb. Btw when you enable hen, webman mod and it's functions automatically gets enabled and one of its functions is Dynamic Fan Control which incase you never heard of, speeds your fan based on how hot your console gets, so if you never changed your thermal paste or you live in hot climate your PS3 might sound like a jet plane, if it annoys you, you can set the fan speed to manual

No, PSN content cannot be played without enabling HEN,however you can convert Bluray games to pkg and you can play them without enabling HEN.

There's a tool called PSN Liberator which converts PSN games to Disc format, so maybe you can use it to convert those games to disc and then from disc to pkg, i never tried it though and never heard of someone doing it, so do it at your own risk.

Safe is better than sorry, there's always a risk doing anything "unofficial" while signed to psn, so cut your losses and do it while you're not signed, you only have one IDPS, don't risk losing it.

newtothepartyhdd likes this.
  16. 4
    SaltedHashflip

SaltedHashflip Member

Is there any chance that you can get banned if you sign into PSN, even if HEN isn’t activated? If so (or not at all) - as I imagine the PS3 logs everything the player does internally - does running homebrew apps like backup managers or emulators via HEN while signed out from PSN increase those chances, even if you never open them (let alone enabling HEN) while you’re signed in?
    I also heard that HEN automatically unlocks game trials upon running them, given the footprint such a thing can leave (play records and/or trophy data) does that pose any risks as well?

17. 31
    newtothepartyhdd

newtothepartyhdd Member

hey guys, i have gotten all the use i wanted out of HEN and I now want to return to OFW/HFW without HEN. what is the safest way to remove webman mod, multiman, and hen itself altogether? thanks in advance!

18. 7,081
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    The safest way would be to install 4.84 OFW then do a system restore in system settings. This will remove all trace of HEN/Homebrew.

newtothepartyhdd likes this.
  19. 31
    newtothepartyhdd

newtothepartyhdd Member

bless you sir/madam thank you

20. 105
    deezeewhytea

deezeewhytea Member

in a place where the internet is slow asf
    Home Page:
    I have a question... I still have my PS3 on 4.82 running HAN. I've watched multiple videos explaining how to install it and all of them say that you need to install official firmware first and then install the HFW. If I install OFW will it erase all of the stuff I've downloaded? I've got some SNES and GBA games and I'm scared they'll be deleted.