PS3 PSNpatch - Releases / Usage Information (Official Support Thread)

Discussion in 'PSNpatch' started by kokotonix, Oct 6, 2014.

1. 677
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Might sound like a silly question, but can PSNpatch spoof to 4.84 from 4.82 (Rebug REX in CEX mode)? I've not tried to sign in using it, and lately I've had the urge to play the original three Splinter Cell games which I bought years ago on the PS Store. Most other games which I wanted, I downloaded and installed before I decided to jailbreak/install CFW on my PS3, but been fancying some old school SC lately.

Any advice for someone who hasn't signed in to PSN in over a year, and just wants to download 3 already purchased games from my PS Store account? Any help would be much appreciated. :)

2. 1,683
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    No PSN Patch doesn't spoof FW version. Either convert to DEX and enable REBUG mode or use SEN enabler.

Just download your games as you normally would, spoof fw version which ever way you want to then disable syscals and download the games, you know yourself its a risk doing anything online on CFW.

3. 677
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Thanks for the info, just wondered on the off chance lol. Now to look into SEN Enabler and figure out how to get it sorted as 'safely' as possible. The risk I'm well aware of, but might be willing to chance it as I'm on a more or less self-imposed ban now as it is since I've not signed in to PSN in well over a year.

4. 24
    Midas67

Midas67 Forum Noob

Hello guys, I recently installed rebug 4.82.2 rex with cobra 7.55 on my ps3 and installed some homebrews like multiman, webman, sen enabler, and psnpatch. Everything was fine, untill I decided to install psnpatch plugin. I installed it the common way, started ps3 -> opened psnpatch -> got into the tool box using select and installed the plugin after my ps3 rebooted it froze while loading, controller didn't respond 4 lights flashing and then nothing. I waited about 30mins nothing so I wanted to turn it off and restart. However, I couldn't turn off the ps3 with a formal press of the power button, so I had to hold it for 10sec to shut it down the hard way. When loading back up ps3 message saying that ps3 was shutdown incorrectly and a scan has to be run to chcek files. When I pressed ok screen turned black as always but scanning never happened, froze again, so I tried to start ps3 in a safe mode to update FW via storge but was unable because the ps3 told me to connect controller via cable and press ps button. So i took out the cable that was provided with the ps3 and connected original controller. When I pressed the ps button the controller is flashing all 4 lights but never connects to ps3. Any help is appreciated.

5. 29
    Clutz450

Clutz450 Member

I'm still a bit confused about the PSN Patch Plugin. I am using the latest version of WebMan Mod on the latest version of REBUG on my PS3 if that matters. I noticed when you hit select to enter the Toolbox you are given 2 options. One is to press UP to install the psnpatch plugin and the other is to press LEFT to install the webman plugin. What is the difference between the 2 plugins. From everything I have been reading online it seems like I should only need to press UP to install the psnpatch plugin. Since I am using WebMan Mod, do I need to install the webman plugin? Of the people I've talked to that uses Webman Mod, they have told me that only the psnpatch plugin is required. So if they are telling me the truth, then what is the purpose of the webman plugin and under which scenarios would I want to use it? Thank you.

6. 100
    Lambada

Lambada Member

Clutz450 likes this.