PS2 [REQUEST] Im collecting info about PS2 console's revisions v0.835 MID (15\07\2019)

Tool that allows dumps of a PlayStation 2 console's ROM chips and MECHACON NVRAM to be made.

1. 6,742
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Just a suggestion, i like a lot the idea of displaying some problematic info with "missing", "missing (sticker)", "unknown", etc... but i think lot of people is not going to understand the purpose of them... just because not much people reads the readme.txt or the documentation of how the programs works
    This doesnt means that they refuse to give some feedback, is just they will not even realize that is important
    So i think you will have more success by displaying that info in a more noob friendly way

The idea is to add a button named "help" with a dedicated screen
    In that screen it should appear only the problematic info, ordered in categories with your naming convention ("missing", "missing (sticker)", "unknown", etc...)
    And a good (and long if needed) text description about what means each

The idea is the user should realize in a easy way that he/she have, lets say:
    2 values that needs to be reported together with a photo of the sticker (easy difficulty level)
    3 values that needs to be reported together with a photo of the hardware component (medium difficulty level)
    1 value that requires research (hard difficulty level)

2. 64
    akuhak

akuhak Member

@sandungas Thank you for the suggestion. I already thought about some summary page where is listed all data that the user can provide, divided into sections. In fact, some times ago I thought that this summary can be added into OPL cause OPL is much more popular than PS2Ident, so more data can be collected. Something like the Contribute section, when you click you can see all the data that can be helpful.

3. 6,742
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

The first idea that came to mind was to add a screenshot function to capture the screen into a .bmp
    And that screen with the resume to report could use eyecatchy colors and some text with "please report this info" to encourage him/her into reporting it
    But im not sure how much tricky could be to do that in the PS2 SDK and/or if is worthy

What i suggested is pretty much the same, but instead of capturing the screen the user needs to take a photo :D

Another alternative could be to create a log.txt
    Actually... 2 log.txt... one for the user, and another to report back (incase some unknown or worthy value is found)

4. 15
    ta_poc

ta_poc Member

SCPH-70006 - missing sticker, database.bin and specs.txt -> see attached zip :encouragement:

Attached Files:

TnA and akuhak like this.
  5. 20
    deba5er

deba5er Member

Here are some SCPH-39001,SCPH-50001,and SCPH-90001 entries. I have two more SCPH-90001 but have to connect up and run ps2ident. At the top of the post you have a ps2ident MID version from November pasted. If you have a newer version, could you post there?

Attached Files:

akuhak and TnA like this.
  6. 64
    akuhak

akuhak Member

@deba5er This link doesnt suit to you?
    https://yadi.sk/d/E8oNj2ChGmyiSw
    If so you can grab the version from 191208 in the attachment. It will be useful to redump your consoles again cause Im collecting info about the new ways of retrieving the EE chip number.

Attached Files:

TnA likes this.
  7. 20
    deba5er

deba5er Member

Thanks for attaching in thread. I used this version (dec-08) and it had errors associated with the DVD player detection and dumping. You can see it in the attached two tests. It also notes the roms are unclean because of this.

Attached Files:

8. 64
    akuhak

akuhak Member

Oh, strange. It looks like your usb flash isnt in proper condition. I will check if ps2ident build is correct, but it looks like fat system isnt in good condition.

Отправлено с моего SM-A705FN через Tapatalk

TnA likes this.
  9. 20
    deba5er

deba5er Member

I used a different flash drive on both PS2s with the same resultant error. When dumping it shows the DVD ROM as 1 byte. I scanned the new flash drive and the old flash drive and no errors were found. If you are unable to replicate error, is someone else here willing to run this version and report back?

akuhak, TnA and jolek like this.
  10. 1,698
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

Currently I only tested this version on SCPH-77004 (PS2 Ident 191208), but I have the same thing:
    [​IMG]

TnA, deba5er and akuhak like this.
  11. 64
    akuhak

akuhak Member

@jolek @deba5er Oh it looks really strange. I am a little busy this week and I will be able to dig what happened only at the weekend. For now, can somebody test this version on slim?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  12. 20
    deba5er

deba5er Member

This 1/20 version hangs with "Please wait", a horizontal line, then a second "Please wait" below that on my SCPH-90001 v2.30.

akuhak likes this.
  13. 1,698
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

With PS2Ident-ab6c9f11 I have the same screen like I was having with previous version,
    so this time I'll add screen from wLe:
    [​IMG]

I do not remember exactly, but there was a time when I was having problem with dumping ROMs on USB device.
    It may be long time ago but at least dumping ROMs into MC should work...

BTW I forgot to add that sometimes I needed to wait some time when I want dump ROMs
    at Please wait screen (even ~10 sec).

TnA likes this.
  14. 64
    akuhak

akuhak Member

It seems that I found the bug in code. Could anyone check this version?

TnA likes this.
  15. 20
    deba5er

deba5er Member

It appears to be working now. Attached are log files from same SCPH-90001 v2.30 and a recent acquisition SCPH-50001/N.
    If from the logs you think this is working correctly I can spend time this weekend with this version getting updated log files for you.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

TnA and Algol like this.
  16. 64
    akuhak

akuhak Member

It seems that SCPH-50001/N still shows incorrect DVD version in log :( And EROM is missing in 90001... I should spend more time on code digging, today I will have access to my test machines and I will check where can be a problem.

TnA and Algol like this.
  17. 1,698
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

It seems that in my config also everything is fine now:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although I don't know if it matter, but it is taking little bit more time to initialize it at startup:
    [​IMG]

The same thing is at Please wait screen when I want to dump ROMs.

TnA likes this.
  18. 64
    akuhak

akuhak Member

It is difficult to say without text log, but it seems that your DVD rom size is incorrect. It is 16 Mb while it can be maximum 4 Mb.

TnA likes this.
  19. 1,698
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

You mean ...specs.txt?

Attached Files:

20. 20
    deba5er

deba5er Member

Actually on Slims (at least SCPH-70012,75001,77001,90001 that I have tested with), the DVD rom file size output was 16MB for as long as I can remember from this tool. I will have to go back to older versions of ps2ident to verify. I pretty sure that this is an old bug.
    EDIT - ps2ident v830 has correct 4MB DVD rom size for SCPH-90001. I will verify which version introduced this bug using the 90001 to test. I guess "long as I remember" isn't very long :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    TnA and jolek like this.