Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 [Tutorial] How to enable HAN offline

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by lmn7, Sep 21, 2018.

1. 563
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

I updated the mod to include enable debug pkg, I just needed to change a few lines of code. This will probably be the last update because the devs are already working on offline functionality for the release of 4.0, and I originally only wanted to do the most used tools anyway.

benfrost94, Zazenora, bergot and 2 others like this.
  2. 1,275
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College student
    Home Page:
    so can you make act-rif copier and other tool to work offline ?

3. 1
    iFyer

iFyer Forum Noob

Funcionando 100% offline. Obrigado

4. 52
    bergot

bergot Member

Who need act-rif copier? The resigner already make a pkg installer for the rifs..

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando o Tapatalk

5. 5,405
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

@lmn7 have you ryed to delete the <lastvisit> tags to simplify it like this ?
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <bookmark>
    	<entry>
    		<title>bookmark title here</title>
    		<url>javascript:codehere</url>
    	</entry>
    </bookmark>

I know, removing the <lastvisit> tags is not going to bring any benefit of how is working now, but im thinking in posting an example like that in wiki (with a link to this thread)

Also, im wondering... someone tryed the same trick with LINK.XML ?
    http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Web_Browser#From_LINK.XML

The LINK.XML files allows to use the tag <url> too, the difference is are displayed on XMB like an installed PKG, with his icon, etc...
    Only contra is the icon will appear on TV category (because officially LINK.XML seems to work only with WT category)... but i think nobody tryed with other categories

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Zazenora likes this.
  6. 563
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

Like bergot said, the ACT-RIF copier tool is obsolete, just make a license pkg with your ACT/RIF files.
    You can most likely remove the lastvisit tags but I didn't try it during testing bc I didn't want to cause any issues.
    Funny you mention that LINK.XML file, I was going to try that before this method, but on the wiki it says it loads the silk browser which has no js support.

7. 5,405
    sandungas

Probably was me who wrote that, and could be wrong o_O
    I dont remember what made me think the silk web browser doesnt suports javascript

I created the "web browser" page in wiki because there was several small notes about the web browser spreaded in other wiki pages, so i moved all notes to web browser page
    Is stuff written years ago when there was near zero info about the web browser

My intention was to prepare the page to allow people to expand it later, but since then has been freezed, there was no interest in it

8. 563
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

Well silk definitely doesn't support js, I had already tested it. Do you know where I can download an app that has the LINK.XML file? I know about Torne, but I can't find the download anywhere.

9. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

No, silk doesn't support JS. Only silk_webkit does afaik.
    The link.xml can be found on psdevwiki as XML code.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <link ver="1.0"> <url>http://www.ps3devwiki.com</url> </link>

If you wish to test this method, all you need is an appropriately edited param.sfo, an icon0.png & the link.xml file, create a pkg using TA or ps3tools. Use HAN debug pkg Enabler to install it if ever you are on ofw.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    Zazenora likes this.
  10. 563
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

Yeah I tried testing this using the YouTube app as a base, changed category to WT, deleted USRDIR folder, put the LINK.XML in there. It just gives me the "The service has ended." message every time, no matter what I try. Can anyone confirm this still works in 4.82?

Edit: Nevermind, it works. psn_package_npdrm wasn't scanning the LINK.XML file.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  11. 5,405
    sandungas

Is needed to delete too the EBOOT.BIN

12. 103
    CYB3R18

CYB3R18 Member

Nice! It would be great to have it officially deployed on the ps3xploit server in the future

Zazenora and Louay like this.
  13. 346
    ayassinsayed

ayassinsayed Member

Sory for my noob question is that used to make ps3 han enable from modified you tube app or what ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. 5,405
    sandungas

Is something that was found while researching about PARAM.SFO
    There are some official PKG that only have a PARAM.SFO and a LINK.XML inside (and no other folders or files)
    Is a bit special type of PKG because doesnt contains an EBOOT.BIN or any executable file
    In the LINK.XML you can write an url... and when you try to "boot it" (by clicking in the icon like a normal app/game) what it does is to open the web browser with your link

I was guessing the methods discussed latelly to use javascript inside the link could work
    Actually, maybe this can be combined with the other alternatives like modifying webcoreapp.bin or the bookmarks ... dunno at this point it seems there are several ways and is needed to keep open mind

The problem to deal with this special PKG with LINK.XML (but no EBOOT.BIN) is most PKG tools are not going to allow you to make a PKG without EBOOT.BIN

What i was doing at the time i was experimenting with this (with a CFW) was:
    1) use a filemanager to copy the custom PARAM.SFO and LINK.XML to dev_hdd0/game/XMLL00001/
    2) enter "recovery menu" and "rebuild database"
    3) after reboot it appears on XMB like if it was installed normally

In HAN you cant do this though :(
    But there is another way :)
    1) Create the PKG with the custom PARAM.SFO and LINK.XML and a "dummy" EBOOT.BIN (it can be anything)
    2) Use the HAN "unlinker" to navigate to the installation path and delete the EBOOT.BIN
    3) enter "recovery menu" and "rebuild database" (or just boot it, at the time you boot a content database is updated, but you will have to pass an error at the first boot of the modded PKG)

Zazenora likes this.
  15. 1,275
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College student
    Home Page:
    i think we can create pkg without EBOOT.BIN because i create splitted game pkg with EBOOT.BIN in USRDIR of the first NPXXXXX_1 and the remain NPXXXXX_X are without EBOOT.BIN

16. 1,275
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College student
    Home Page:
    DO YOU KNOW a PKG that have LINK.XML and its Web TV type i will download it and test result

17. 5,405
    sandungas

I dont remember where it was found sorry, i use to add notes about this details on wiki (for other people to check that is true what im writing) but for LINK.XML i cant find any info :/
    Cool, this makes it a bit easyer
    Im not sure if this could be useful, im just mentioning it because is another trick to have in the sleeve, and maybe can be used in combinations with other methods
    By now the first usage i can imagine is it can be used for testing <url> experiments, triggering errors of the web browser or dunno
    The good thing is a PKG, so it doesnt modifyes the firmware... you install your "frankenstein" PKG... boot it to see if the experiment was successfull... then delete it and you are back at step 1 without any change in the firmware

------------
    The other method by modfying bookmarks.xml is good in this sense too, because it belongs to the "user files" (not the firmware). And you can edit the bookmarks to delete it

Zazenora likes this.
  18. 346
    ayassinsayed

ayassinsayed Member

Did u success to run it or what is the result u get ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. 40
    HolyFire29

HolyFire29 Member

Hey guys. So, I've installed this mod to my superslim ps3 with ofw 4.82, it worked and I was able to have HAN offline but now I get the message "you have been signed out of psn" with error 80710092. Did any of you experience the same thing where when you installed this mod, this error happens? Or is it just a problem on my end?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  20. 563
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

It does work but as mentioned above it loads the silk version of the web browser which has no javascript support, so it's useless unless someone finds a way to make it load the normal web browser.

It's definitely a problem on your end.

ayassinsayed likes this.