PS3 [Update v1.4.3 ] PS3 PKG Ripper v1.4.2 - Critical Bug Fixed (All user's are advise to update)

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Rudi Rastelli, Mar 19, 2018.

By Rudi Rastelli on Mar 19, 2018 at 6:41 AM
  1. 234
    Rudi Rastelli

Rudi Rastelli Developer

After a critical bug was unfortunately found by some user's of this popular utility that makes quick work of extracting your PKG files the dev arrives with a fix. The bug would occur if the process of extracting was aborted and would delete the output directory, depending on the output directory it could erase and cause the user's a giant headache. Developer Rudi Rastelli acknowledge the issue and took care of it with this update of version 1.4.2. Anyone using Any previous versions of this utility are advised to update, this will ensure you do not experience this bug that could potentially wipe your drive or important folders clean.
    -STLcardsWS.​

PS3P PKG Ripper V1.21.gif

• UPDATE >>> PS3P PKG Ripper v1.4.3

Changelog V1.4.3

• [GUI] "Extract Selected Items"-button is greyed out if no pkg is loaded
      • [GUI] If you've select no item it tells you to do so before the output-dir selector comes up (it was the other way around in previous versions)
      • [Readme] Added some short instructions

Regards
      Rudi

• PS3P PKG Ripper V1.4.2

V1.4.2
      • [GUI] Fixed a critcal bug where output directory is deleted on abort even if it's not empty

Now extraction will be done in a [TitleID]-folder which is created in the selected output folder
      (default extraction path is: "[path_of_pkg]\[ContentID]\[TitleID]\").

On abort the [TitleID]-folder will be deleted first and only if the selected output folder is empty it will be deleted as well.

Regards
      Rudi

• PS3P PKG Ripper - Changelog

V1.4.2
      - [GUI] Fixed a critcal bug where output directory is deleted on abort even if it's not empty

V1.4.1
      - [CLI] Fixed a bug which causes PSP-directories been interpreted as files
      - [CLI] Now i shouldn't be deteced as virus/trojan from some antivir software
      - [GUI] Little bug fixing

V1.3
      - [CLI] Fixed a bug which caused crashes or incorrect extracted files on some systems
      - [CLI] Added and changed a few switches (use -h to check it out)
      - [GUI] Adapted GUI to the changed switches

V1.21
      - [GUI] Check if 'PS3P_PKG_Ripper.exe' exists
      - [CLI] Fixed a bug that caused multiple extraction of a single file

V1.2
      - [GUI] Changed short select buttons to option-checkboxes
      - [GUI] Added config file to save and restore selected options and window size

V1.1
      - [GUI] Added Buttons to short select 'PARAM.SFO', 'EBOOT.BIN' and all '*.self', '*.sprx', '*.edat', '*.sdat'

• PS3P PKG Ripper V1.4.2
      by Rudi Rastelli​

Features:
      • Supports PS3-, PSP-, PS1/PS2-Classic-, DLC-, Minis-, Avatar-, Theme-PKGs
      • Supports Retail- and Debug-PKGs
      • Supports PKGs of any size
      • Extracts whole PKG
      • Extracts selectable single files and/or directorys
      • Options to short select 'All files', 'System files', 'EBOOT.BIN' and all '*.self', '*.sprx', '*.edat', '*.sdat'
      • Options and window size are saved and restored
      • Progress Output (Overall/File)
      • Lists contents of a PKG with size of files
      • Changeable output directory
      • Optimized for speed
      • Optional GUI included
      • Source code included
      • Doesn't need any DLL's or any installed runtimes

Wanna say THX to
      @mathieulh, @mysis - I've learned a lot from their sources
      @Ifcaro - From his 'PKGView' I've learned how to handle Debug-PKGs
      @No0bZiLLa - For testing

Regards
      Rudi

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2018
    T.A.U, TonyClifton, n00b and 8 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Rudi Rastelli, Mar 19, 2018.

1. dedark05
      dedark05
      makes sense. Thanks!
    2. Bejita
      Bejita
      This tool delete all files in my drive....OMG....
    3. Rudi Rastelli
      Rudi Rastelli
      U should have read a few post above your's... it's a problem that i guessed i've fixed with the last version. For me it works, but it looks like not for everyone. I'm currently trying to find out why that still happens.

But it's hard to tell what's going on, when i can't reproduce the problem... so please help me with that.
      1. When u've pressed "Extract Selected Items" and the path selector appears, does it show a "[Path_of_PKG]\ContentID"-folder and does it really exist (please check in explorer)
      2. @st00pid reported a crash when he/she creates a new folder from within the path selector. Does it crash before or after pressing the Ok-button ?
      3. Does this only appear when u extract to a desktop folder instead of a folder like "F:\Test" ?

Regarding 3 - Here's how i've tested the gui:
      1. I created a folder "F:\Test"
      2. I filled that folder with a few random files and folders
      3. Started "PS3P PKG Ripper" -> draged in a PKG -> checked the top most checkbox (TitleID) -> pressed "Extract Selected Items"
      4. In path selector i selected "F:\Test" -> pressed "Ok"-button -> pressed "Abort"
      After aborting only the "F:\Test\[TitleID]"-folder is deleted and "F:\Test" with the files and folders from step 2 is still there.
      If i skip step 2 "F:\Test" is deleted as well because"PS3P PKG Ripper" detects it as being empty.

EDIT:
      May be i've found something !? (some sleep helps sometimes)
      Does anyone who ran into that data-deleting-bug hit the "Extract Selected Items"-button without opening/dragging-in a pkg 1st ?
      I should have greyed out the button when no pkg is loaded !

Regardless if this fixes the nasty bug of unexpected deleted data, here's the version which does not allow the user to press "Extract Selected Items" when no pkg is loaded.

PS3P PKG Ripper v1.4.3

Changelog V1.4.3
      - [GUI] "Extract Selected Items"-button is greyed out if no pkg is loaded
      - [GUI] If you've select no item it tells you to do so before the output-dir selector comes up (it was the other way around in previous versions)
      - [Readme] Added some short instructions

Regards
      Rudi
      Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
      DeViL303 and thehero_ like this.
    4. st00pid
      st00pid
      I've been testing 1.4.3 for a bit and it hasn't crashed and deleted all my files yet :D
      Rudi Rastelli likes this.
    5. Rudi Rastelli
      Rudi Rastelli
      @st00pid
      BIG THX for testing it even after your really bad experience ! Not everyone will do that !

Still i wanted to know:
      Did u hit the "Extract Selected Items"-button without a pkg loaded when u had the crash and data loss ?
    6. st00pid
      st00pid
      No problem. I couldn't remember, so I fired up the virtual machine again with version 1.4.2, I selected make new folder on desktop and pushed extract button with no pkg selected and it did the same thing; it crashed and began deleting things wildly, so that must be it.
      Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
      Rudi Rastelli likes this.
    7. Bejita
      Bejita
      Yes...when i do like this all files gone :(
    8. uday
      uday
      it doesnt extract licedat
    9. Rudi Rastelli
      Rudi Rastelli
      I'm really really sorry about that... hope it was nothing vital which can't be restored.
      I guess this bug is finally found and fixed in latest version.
    10. butrok
      butrok
      sorry my stupid question. is it possible to rip big size pkg ? or it is just pkg extractor ?
    11. Rudi Rastelli
      Rudi Rastelli
      Sry 4 my stupid question... but what do u mean with "rip" ??? splitting ?
      If YES then NO... this can't be done with this tool.
    12. Metalomeus
      Metalomeus
      I had similar problems with psn liberator 0.9 i believe.i lost 600gb of data through this. 1.0 fixed it I believe.
    13. Rudi Rastelli
      Rudi Rastelli
      @STLcardsWS
      could you please update post #1 to v1.4.3 because i fixed another critcal bug in the gui.
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    14. Pitchounet
      Pitchounet
      hi rudi.

Are ps3 game updater for the pkg extract part, and psn liberator, impacted by this?
      Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    15. TonyClifton
      TonyClifton
      Many games come with unnecessary language packs and multiplayer files that can reduce their size by half, but unfortunately file explorer can't access all directories even though I've had some success with it.
      Can you use this to rip a pkg and then repack and install it with HAN?