4.84 Overflow cfw Collection

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Bobby_Downgrades, Feb 14, 2019.

1. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

yes you can flash any 4.84 cfw you want as you would any update.about what to flash however especially since you're clearly on some version of rebug i'd suggest at least starting with latest 4.82.2 rebug rex (no reason to flash lite),simply because toolbox and some other things that maybe you've accustomed to won't work or won't be available if you flash overflow because you've been on rebug.then,if you want to try overflow or any other cfw you can simply reflash and restore and start clean.

nothing against overflow,as i've said my reason is only because he is already on rebug.

2. 7
    Lokum

Lokum Forum Noob

Thank you very much for your reply!

So as I understand it, I should just download the 4.84.1 Rebug Lite, transfer it to a USB drive, plug it in the PS3 and update? :) Or should I just go for the 4.84.2 REX?

3. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

if i were you,i'd flash 4.82.2 rex.but first check if your blueray drive is working,if it doesn't you need to flash noBD cfw otherwise any app that you start from xmb will go to blacksreen or you wouldn't be able to flash the cfw at all.

latest currently released official noBD version that i know of (and i'm personally using on my cechc with broken BD) is rebug 4.84.1 rex noBD,and you can find it on official rebug thread here on this forum.

there's also a noBT variant for consoles with broken bluetooth.

stay away from any cfw from uncertain sources,as they can lead to a softbrick.all cfw's that are oficially released come with hash to check their integrity after you're downloaded it and copied to your usb drive.corrupted download and/or transfer can also lead to a softbrick.

4. 7
    Lokum

Lokum Forum Noob

That's really good to know since my BD drive never functioned at all (bought it with CFW and no working BD drive)! I'll get the noBD versions then. It seems like multiMAN 4.82 works with all versions of Rebug anyway, so I think I might just flash to 4.82.2 noBD REX first, then install multiMAN 4.82 and then flash to Rebug noBD 4.84.2 REX. It seems like that would work fine :)

EDIT: Seems like I cannot find the noBD ones on Rebug.me. But I've never actually downloaded a noBD version specifically before. Is that something new?

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  5. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

no,you just wasn't aware of it.like i said,latest officially released noBD version is 4.84.1 rex noBD,and you can find it on their official thread here on this forum.i'm personally using it on my cechc and everything works fine.

lastest 00.00 version of multiman was reported to give lot of problems,even dev Joonie (from the rebug team,awesome guy) is recommending to use 4.82 version of multiman but honestly webman MOD and IRISMAN do everything that multiman does,support ntfs drives out of the box and do much more.

if you're sticking with rebug i think there's no real need to restore and wipe anything,you can just update it as regular,delete apps and install latest updated versions and everything should be fine.don't forget to update rebug toolbox (when flashed pkg of it will be in package manager already ready to install) and go to it and enable cobra and QA toggle.if you have BC or semiBC (from cecha to ceche) model of ps2 don't enforce ps2net emu in toolbox,stock ps2 emus in those models are better and don't have any issues.

6. 7
    Lokum

Lokum Forum Noob

Alright, I checked out the Rebug noBD here on the forums, but the link given says that the file is no longer available. The official Rebug website doesn't seem to have the files either.

Should I just download the latest IRISMAN then instead of multiMAN? Or should I just run my current version of multiMAN until a stable update hits?

Is there anywhere else I could get the 4.84.1 noBD rebug?

Sincerely, thank you very much for all your help. It means a lot to me.

7. 750
    Sdw100

Sdw100 Moderator

ENGINEER
    You could google it theres bound to be links all over the net for it

8. 7
    Lokum

Lokum Forum Noob

I did do a Google search, but the links keep referring to this site.

However, I did find a 4.82.2 Rebug REX noBD download, so I might as well just try that out.

9. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

again be very,very careful from where you download cfw,if it's not properly done it can lead to a softbrick.i know for a fact that people from other forums just hack regular cfw,don't test them,don't provide hash to check and it leads to softbricked systems.

that cfw is almost certainly a hack job as @Joonie never released 4.84.2 noBD and noBT versions,as he said that he won't support noBD/noBT systems past 4.84.1 as there's to much risks.

it's your console,do whatever you like with it but be very,very careful.

10. 7
    Lokum

Lokum Forum Noob

Ah, I think I'll leave that one alone then. I don't want to risk it. Even if I don't use my PS3 that much, and I don't go online with it, it's still nice to play some exclusive titles, or do a bit of couch gaming with a friend.

If I install the normal 4.81.2 Rebug REX (not noBD), all that would happen is that I cannot load the games, right? It won't soft brick my console?

It's just too bad that the link to the 4.84.1 noBD version is dead here.

11. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

you won't be able to boot anything from xmb,you would go straight to black screen,or you won't be able to flash it in the first place.

main reason to update cfw is to ensure compatibility with homebrew and go online,as mainly devs test them on latest available cfw.if you have setup that works already there's little reason to mess with it even if you want to go online there's almost always a way to spoof it.

that being said,if you encounter any major bug and/or you want to start clean i'd strongly suggest to then update cfw to latest available one as would be way much easier to troubleshoot things and get help and support from trustworthy sources.

12. 7
    Lokum

Lokum Forum Noob

Alright, I'll just keep the firmware I currently have on it, and if I encounter a game that doesn't work, I'll try and update to 4.84.2 Rebug REX.

Thank you so much for all your help :)

13. 10
    IvSe

IvSe Forum Noob

I couldn't get Webman back, I tried everything in this thread, the closest
    I got was having the folder back with no options at opening it. The worst
    I got was having HEN in my CFWed PS3, I give up.

Do someone know of a CFW 4.84 with webman added?
    So Far I'm staying with 4.82 overflow, I haven't Liked 4.84

Cheers.

14. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

why would you install HEN on jailbroken ps3?

15. 6,434
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    All that is needed normally is to run the webman installer application. What error is that giving you?

There is no 4.84 CFW that I know of with webman mod included.

16. 6
    Zakaria Yahya

Zakaria Yahya Forum Noob

I had the same issue before
    But i solved it by using psnpatch
    Just install it then press 'Select button' to run tool box then choose to install webman plugins

17. 10
    IvSe

IvSe Forum Noob

I did it, I got webman's folder on game section, but it was blank with no options.

18. 10
    IvSe

IvSe Forum Noob

I did it, I installed webman through a installer, I think it was Brewology's linked in psx-place's post. I got HEN with a bunch
    of options, plenty of blank options both in webman's folder and HEN's section in Game menu. Nothing worked after this
    and I got twice the options to install things. After a Crash I had to Re install CFW Overflow V1 when the console asked for it.

Everything is working now, well except for webman because I gave up.

19. 2,539
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    V1 is Non-cobra so it won't load the plugin, You need to either use mamba or switch to the cobra version of overflow, put webman in the boot plugins txt then it will work.

20. 10
    IvSe

IvSe Forum Noob

I got it after trying to install webman with an installer (pkg from another thread)
    I just wanted webman, but got blank spaces in webman´s section and the HEN section
    Installed, I was not trying to install HEN, maybe got tangled after trying to install it
    with psn patch and then the installer, I don´t know but it broke my ps3's cfw.

Again, it wasn't my intention, probably a bad link in the post or brewology to a HEN thing.

Got it working again by re installing overflow v1