PS3 4.85 CFW & PS3HEN (Homebrew / Tools / CFW Releases / PS3HEN Updates)

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Aug 28, 2019.

  1. 11,921
    4,768
    497
    pinky

    pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2015
    Messages:
    11,921
    Likes Received:
    4,768
    Trophy Points:
    497
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    The Great Gig in the Sky
    JayTee likes this.
  2. 8,930
    9,010
    1,172
    STLcardsWS

    STLcardsWS Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2014
    Messages:
    8,930
    Likes Received:
    9,010
    Trophy Points:
    1,172
    • Violated one of the site rules., it was not removed due to any safety concerns..
     
    DADi590 likes this.
  3. 13
    2
    7
    justinshap

    justinshap Forum Noob

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2019
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    7
    Gender:
    Male
    Hi... I was wondering if anyone could help me a little issue I'm having loading certain games with the new Overflow 4.85 CFW Cobra v5 and Multiman 4.84?

    Ok so I did a clean format of my ps3 hdd installedl 4.85 OFW, then installed the HFW 4.85 twice, did the Flash Writer Dump and Write to 4.85 hex, then Installed Overflow Cobra mode 4.85 ver.5 CFW. Massive THANKS!!! to the devs for all there awesome work.

    Ok everything was working 100%!!! Then started reinstalling all my backups through multiman 4.84..seemed to work fine. But then I started getting some of my games were installing..but when I went to run the game, I'd get a blackscreen or it would just crash my PS3! Its only on like 30% of my games, the other 70% work fine! But the other 30% are some of my fav games.

    They were working fine on my previous CFW Rebug 4.84. Should I've had installed a different CFW of could it be I just need to wait for a Multiman 4.85 or is there a tweak Im missing in multiman. First time I've jail broken a PS3... new to the scene...so any help would be very much appreciated (=
     
  4. 1,238
    824
    172
    Coldheart2236

    Coldheart2236 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2018
    Messages:
    1,238
    Likes Received:
    824
    Trophy Points:
    172
    Gender:
    Male
    My advice would be to toggle your QA flag (using this) which will then allow you to install a lower firmware version.

    Install the pkg via Package Manager on the XMB and run it once. You'll just get a black screen and then the PS3 will reboot and you will be returned to the XMB - this is perfectly normal and it's how the tool normally functions.

    To check it's worked, go to your System Update menu and instead of the standard two options you should have more, and the install via internet option will be greyed out. After this, you can install a lower firmware such as Rebug 4.84. Hope this helps. :)
     
  5. 13
    2
    7
    justinshap

    justinshap Forum Noob

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2019
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    7
    Gender:
    Male
    Hi Coldheart2236, Thanks for the quick reply (= Cool yep I'll give it a try! Quick question when I do this will all my game installs and mods remain unchanged?
     
  6. 1,238
    824
    172
    Coldheart2236

    Coldheart2236 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2018
    Messages:
    1,238
    Likes Received:
    824
    Trophy Points:
    172
    Gender:
    Male
    Any XMB mods e.g. custom coldboots will be removed with the installation of CFW - but installed games, homebrew and your data will be unchanged and should work just as they did before. :)
     
  7. 13
    2
    7
    justinshap

    justinshap Forum Noob

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2019
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    7
    Gender:
    Male
    Ok... did everything you said, disabled QA flags, then I checked System Update, and I only had two options, it had changed to 2 options Do not update via Internet! and Update via Storage Media. Then I went to Update via Storage Media and installed Rebug 4.84.2 Rex. Cool worked 100%. Tried to install the games that weren't loading... but same issues? So I'm thinking I must of been on a earlier version of Rebug? I bought the system already jail broken with Rebug ver ?.?? and I really didn,t bother to write down the actual version I assumed it must of been 4.84. But from memory I thought i saw Rebug 4.83! but I dont think there is a Rebug 4.83. and even if there is could I downgrade it further? Sorry for sounding like a real noob here lol
     
  8. 1,238
    824
    172
    Coldheart2236

    Coldheart2236 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2018
    Messages:
    1,238
    Likes Received:
    824
    Trophy Points:
    172
    Gender:
    Male
    It's no problem. I'm not sure what the issue is you're having regardling installing your backed up games, but I'd recommend installing all package files through Package Manager instead of multiMAN.

    There was no 4.83 Rebug, correct, but there is 4.82, 4.81 etc.
    https://rebug.me/

    You can downgrade your firmware as low as your base factory firmware (see MinVerChk) will allow, which means you can install an earlier version of Rebug or any other CFW of your choice.
     
  9. 13
    2
    7
    justinshap

    justinshap Forum Noob

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2019
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    7
    Gender:
    Male
    Cool ok Coldheart2236... I'll try a few earlier Rebug CFW's. See if they can kick them in. My base factory firmware is Slim 3.56. I let you know if I figure it out my friend. Thanks for all your advice and help (=
     
    Coldheart2236 likes this.
  10. 13
    2
    7
    justinshap

    justinshap Forum Noob

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2019
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    7
    Gender:
    Male
    Hey Coldheart2236... sheesh figured it out! I tried multiple Rebug CFW's lol.. thrn finally went back to Rebug 4.84.2 CFW..and you know what it was in the end? I just needed to copy them from my external usb hdd to the internal hdd000/games/ folder ahhh derrrrr lol...
    They all work now!!! Sheesh feel abit silly lmfao.. TOTAL NOOB haha Cheers bro (=
     
  11. 13
    2
    7
    justinshap

    justinshap Forum Noob

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2019
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    7
    Gender:
    Male
    Yeah might go back to Overflow 4.85 now... Ummm or is Infinity Corp a better CFW for 4.85? just wondering?
     
  12. 13
    2
    7
    justinshap

    justinshap Forum Noob

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2019
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    7
    Gender:
    Male
    Sorry I meant I copied them to dev_hdd0/games/... yep FIXED!
     
  13. 3
    0
    5
    Andrew 2001

    Andrew 2001 Forum Noob

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2019
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    5
    Gender:
    Male
    Hi i dont know if im sending this to the correct section but it doesnt matter how many times i try to install HFW it keeps telling me im already on the latest firmware i have tried to install it from safe mode also nothing numerous times nothing i have a superslim console i need help please guys thanks in advance
     
  14. 5
    1
    7
    taafie

    taafie Forum Noob

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2019
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    7
    Gender:
    Male
    Installed the 4.85 HFW how can i covert to 4.85 CFW or is that the same?

    Sorry for tis stupid question i don’t know mutch of it.
     
  15. 3
    0
    5
    Aius

    Aius Forum Noob

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2018
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    5
    Gender:
    Male
    Hi,
    I would like to know why the OVERFLOW download links are barred.
    And so why we can't download them ?
     
  16. 163
    94
    57
    DADi590

    DADi590 Formely known as fkd

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2018
    Messages:
    163
    Likes Received:
    94
    Trophy Points:
    57
    Occupation:
    ERROR
    Location:
    ERROR
    Home Page:
    You need to use the Flash Writer to jailbreak your PS3. After that, you can install CFW. CFW is a system, HEN is a modification to the system, so they're different. Go watch some tutorials about jailbreaking the PS3 with PS3Xploit Tools V2.
     
    taafie likes this.
  17. 163
    94
    57
    DADi590

    DADi590 Formely known as fkd

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2018
    Messages:
    163
    Likes Received:
    94
    Trophy Points:
    57
    Occupation:
    ERROR
    Location:
    ERROR
    Home Page:
    pink1 likes this.
  18. 34
    7
    32
    hibernate

    hibernate Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2015
    Messages:
    34
    Likes Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    32
    I am on 4.85 Overflow v5 Cobra. How to go to 4.84.2 Rebug? Toggle qa is not working, i doesn't beep twice and it's not restarting the console, it's just closing the app and go back to game menu...
     
  19. 1,238
    824
    172
    Coldheart2236

    Coldheart2236 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2018
    Messages:
    1,238
    Likes Received:
    824
    Trophy Points:
    172
    Gender:
    Male
    If you've already tried installing 4.84 CFW and it won't let you, try this instead:
    https://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=313
     
    hibernate likes this.
  20. 34
    7
    32
    hibernate

    hibernate Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2015
    Messages:
    34
    Likes Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    32
    I've tried already toggle qa both known versions (habibs version and the standart), rebug toolbox (not compatible) and still not get the beeps.
     

Share This Page