The PS3 4.85 CFW landscape is gathering some familiar names after a bit of a slow start after the 4.85 OFW Update, We seen Rebug Lite released last week, Now we have cfw developer @Alexander releasing 4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) Custom Firmware for the PS3 (for models capable of cfw installs). This is an updated version of Alexander's FERROX brand containing all the usual's like XMB MOD installer for extra features like the CyberModding Homebrew Store, while updating to 4.85 and also the latest cobra version 8.20 that debuted on Rebug 4.85 Lite. Checkout the latest details of this release from Cybermodding's @LizZo below
Custom Firmware FERROX 4.85 COBRA 8.20
We made you wait so long this time ... But we keep the promises
Now you finally have the new CFW from Cybermodding, the FERROX 4.85 !!
The developer @ Alexander this period has been busy not just, but the wait is over.
The 'Perfect Custom Firmware' is updated to version 4.85, including the latest COBRA version, 8.20 . For the rest it is the same CFW that you know, clean and light and with the only Patches needed by the vast majority of users. It is the Custom Firmware most suitable for all those who often go online and do not use the SPRX Mod Menu. Very reminiscent of good old Rogero, clean, functional and safe (as much as possible).
Let's get back to us and see the features of the new FERROX 4.85 COBRA 8.20!
FEATURES OF THE CFW FERROX 4.85
- Built on the basis of OFW 4.85 S * NY.
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- Possibility of updating from any CFW (CEX).
- Possibility of updating from OFW 3.55 and original firmware 4.85 [with PS3Xploit - only compatible consoles]
- Possibility of downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
- QA Flags active if previously enabled.
- FEATURE - Added COBRA Patches 8.20
- FEATURE - New optional XMB look (See FERROX Mod Installer below).
- FEATURE - PS2 Games Compatibility.
- FEATURE - PSP Games Compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
- FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
- FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Console affected by RSOD.
- FEATURE - Keys 4.85 to start Games signed with keys 4.85
- FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
- FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
- FEATURE - Remote Play support.
- FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager, replaces the classic Install Package Files.
- FEATURE - Added Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched to remove LV2 Protection.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on non-dehashed Downgradate Console.
- PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
- PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
- PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at Boot.
- PATCH - CINAVIA protection Completely disabled.
Optional: Includes XMB Mod installer
Install/Remove included XMB Mods or the CyberModding Homebrew Store
If you like our Cybermodding Homebrew Store, or the Graphic Mods seen in previous FERROX, this Installer is for you. This Installer was created based on the XMBM + Team installer and inside you will find the possibility to install or uninstall the Mod and the Homebrew Store.
The installer was introduced in the Custom Firmware when installing FERROX. This means you will always have it available, without having to use a USB stick. To install the PKG, just go to the Package Manager, and navigate to Install File Package - Internal Storage of the PS3 system. The installer will always be there, but if you want you can delete it via File Manager from the dev_blind / ferrox / pkg directory.
The use is really simple, there is not much to explain.
You can install the Mods, and you can reinstall the original files at any time from the installer. Ditto for the Store.
Download: 4.85 FERROX Cobra (v8.20)
Source & Full Release Notes: cybermodding.it
PS3 4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) CFW by Alexander
By STLcardsWS on Nov 3, 2019 at 1:13 PM
[UPDATE] RetroArch v1.8.4: PS Vita & PSP Ports "massively increased core collection"The RetroArch project keeps evolving and has been updated to v1.8.3 (UPDATE: Now on v1.8.4 [16th January 2020] - see Changelog for more Information) as a number of new improvements come to both the PS Vita & PSP ports. Developer's and libretro contributors from all over have been elevating the emulation project. In particular @frangar and @fjtrujy are coupe of the devs who have been porting new cores to the PSP. Now MAME 2000, freeIntv, TGB Dual and Handy are some new libretro cores running in the PSP port. Then the PS Vita port has seen performance improvements for MAME 2000, 2003 and 2003_plus. Additional details below and also on the official blog post linked below.
vitaQuakeIII v0.9 Released - Data Files Downloader Added + "Urban Terror" support addedRinnegatamante has released version 0.9 of VitaQuakeIII for your homebrew enabled PS Vita for when your on the go or your PlayStation TV / Vita TV when your gaming away on the big screen. Either way this is an enjoyable homebrew port. In this version marked as 0.9 the developer has added an Automatic Data FIle Downloader when data files are not present. This makes the release much easier to install and setup and a nice edition to the vita homebre. There has been alot of attention to performance as well in this update the addition of dynamic libraries support for OpenArena core has provided a significant boost. Also, this update provides some experimental support for Urban Terror. This add-on is multiplayer, but as the vita port developer explains in the release notes provided below there will be some issue as outlined due to this was a release designed for the PC and the Rinnegatamante had to do quite a bit of work to get it running on the Vita:Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.26 updated by AldostoolsA smal update has arrived to the popular PS3 plugin that comes packed with tons of functionality. webMAN MOD has been updated from developer @aldostools with the release of version 1.47.26. This is not a huge update but the dev has pushed a fixed to a "gamepad combo" issue that was reported by wmm user gosseux,The problem seemed to occur if combo "select+up/down" was disabled it also was disabling "Select+O" button combo. This since has been fixed with this new update, also there was a requested feature added. That feature (syscall command via web) should not be used unless you know you are doing as there could be some issue occur if used incorrectly. So its a use at your own risk feature . More about that feature can be seen in the changelog provided below.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: