PS3 4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) CFW by Alexander

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 3, 2019.

By STLcardsWS on Nov 3, 2019 at 1:13 PM
  1. 9,020
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

The PS3 4.85 CFW landscape is gathering some familiar names after a bit of a slow start after the 4.85 OFW Update, We seen Rebug Lite released last week, Now we have cfw developer @Alexander releasing 4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) Custom Firmware for the PS3 (for models capable of cfw installs). This is an updated version of Alexander's FERROX brand containing all the usual's like XMB MOD installer for extra features like the CyberModding Homebrew Store, while updating to 4.85 and also the latest cobra version 8.20 that debuted on Rebug 4.85 Lite. Checkout the latest details of this release from Cybermodding's @LizZo below

ferrox2017_2.png

• Custom Firmware FERROX 4.85 COBRA 8.20
      We made you wait so long this time ... But we keep the promises :)
      Now you finally have the new CFW from Cybermodding, the FERROX 4.85 !!

The developer @ Alexander this period has been busy not just, but the wait is over.
      The 'Perfect Custom Firmware' is updated to version 4.85, including the latest COBRA version, 8.20 . For the rest it is the same CFW that you know, clean and light and with the only Patches needed by the vast majority of users. It is the Custom Firmware most suitable for all those who often go online and do not use the SPRX Mod Menu. Very reminiscent of good old Rogero, clean, functional and safe (as much as possible).

Let's get back to us and see the features of the new FERROX 4.85 COBRA 8.20!

FEATURES OF THE CFW FERROX 4.85
      • Built on the basis of OFW 4.85 S * NY.
      • PSN / SEN Enabled.
      • Possibility of updating from any CFW (CEX).
      • Possibility of updating from OFW 3.55 and original firmware 4.85 [with PS3Xploit - only compatible consoles]
      • Possibility of downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
      • QA Flags active if previously enabled.
      • FEATURE - Added COBRA Patches 8.20
      • FEATURE - New optional XMB look (See FERROX Mod Installer below).
      • FEATURE - PS2 Games Compatibility.
      • FEATURE - PSP Games Compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
      • FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
      • FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Console affected by RSOD.
      • FEATURE - Keys 4.85 to start Games signed with keys 4.85
      • FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
      • FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
      • FEATURE - Remote Play support.
      • FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager, replaces the classic Install Package Files.
      • FEATURE - Added Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patched to remove LV2 Protection.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on non-dehashed Downgradate Console.
      • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
      • PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
      • PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at Boot.
      • PATCH - CINAVIA protection Completely disabled.

Optional: Includes XMB Mod installer

Install/Remove included XMB Mods or the CyberModding Homebrew Store

If you like our Cybermodding Homebrew Store, or the Graphic Mods seen in previous FERROX, this Installer is for you. This Installer was created based on the XMBM + Team installer and inside you will find the possibility to install or uninstall the Mod and the Homebrew Store.

The installer was introduced in the Custom Firmware when installing FERROX. This means you will always have it available, without having to use a USB stick. To install the PKG, just go to the Package Manager, and navigate to Install File Package - Internal Storage of the PS3 system. The installer will always be there, but if you want you can delete it via File Manager from the dev_blind / ferrox / pkg directory.

The use is really simple, there is not much to explain.
      You can install the Mods, and you can reinstall the original files at any time from the installer. Ditto for the Store.

Download: 4.85 FERROX Cobra (v8.20)
    MD5: ab1bd8c18b8b27af1a06fc2034b4463f

Source & Full Release Notes: cybermodding.it

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Louay
      Louay
      Thats why i explain previous most reactpsn homebrew in past create fake offline account with act.dat cause you don't need network or to sign psn once no need for that if you intend to use reactpsn
      but with cobra 8.2 you need to have official account signed (once) and activated on system to create act.dat then you put all your raps in :
      • /dev_usb000/exdata/ or
      • /dev_hdd0/exdata/
      and cobra will do the rest this feature exist in HEN before to bypass the pkg,act,idps.hex resiging and with that it gain time to user ,just do those steps :
      • 1-Create new user with any name of your choice (aa name not required but still you can name it to that)
      • 2-Create a new dummy PSN account so you will not lose any thing if you get banned
      • 3-Sign in to your new dummy created PSN Account
      • 4-Click on Manage Account
      • 5-System Activation->Activate->Game (act.dat will be created in /dev_hdd0/home/000000XX/exdata/)
      • 6-When you start a game and its not activated yet you will see screen sayin to renew licence like this :
      15225342_1187607651317974_431355468_o.jpg
      • 6-Now copy your created rap files (using rif2rap previously ) to
        • /dev_usb000/exdata/ or
        • /dev_hdd0/exdata/
      • 7-Cobra will do the rest and activate rap files and your games will load normaly
      :)
      Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
      vr6cer, Algol, CFW-Us3r and 1 other person like this.
    2. diegogta4
      diegogta4
      Every time who the devs release a new CFW i go run to check if Need U2 is working without FPS drops, but don't worked again. [emoji58]

Enviado de meu SM-J600GT usando o Tapatalk
    3. Desmo
      Desmo
      While I like this CFW, I want to go back to Rebug 4.84.2...I can't play any of my PS2 games as I only get a black screen.
      Can I reinstall Rebug or do I need to do anything special? I can't see if the QA flag is enabled and don't want to screw anything up.
      I've tried searching in the forums but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

Regards,

Desmo
    4. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      Have you used anything to enable the QA flag yet?
    5. Desmo
      Desmo
      I just went for it and it worked without a hitch.

Regards,

Desmo
    6. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      Installed this earlier as a bit of a change from Rebug. I originally started on Ferrox when I first installed CFW :)
    7. jedland
      jedland
      I used rebug when it first came out now I've got Ferrox . I can't find all that much about it and know even less about all the features
    8. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      It's on the first post of the thread.
      Ferrox is basically as close to OFW as you can get while being on CFW, while still having the necessary custom patches for homebrew and other features. The Cobra variant of Ferrox we have here integrates the Cobra 8.2 payload into Ferrox CFW for additional features. Unless you need or want the advanced features which Rebug offers, Ferrox is a great CFW choice :)
    9. Louay
      Louay
      For Now Rebug is equal to Ferrox only Rebug have red icons, both have same patches as they are both Pure CEX CFW when DEX is leaked and REBUG REX/D-REX comes live then we can say that Rebug offer advanced features than Ferrox :)
    10. Desmo
      Desmo
      Yes and no...at least for me. I've only ever used Rebug so I wanted to try Ferrox. I really like Ferrox...the look of it, the store and ease with which to download and install additional things. The only reason that I went back to Rebug is that none of my PS2 games will boot. I only get a black screen which stays until I do a hard restart. It very well could be that I simply don't know what I'm doing and there is a way to launch PS2 games.
      However, having said that, big thanks to the dev for releasing a 4.85 CFW for us users. That's why I like this community...going on 14yrs since the PS3's release and we still have devs who are working on this box and releasing new things for us.

Regards,

Desmo
    11. Desmo
      Desmo
      It seems to be already set. I simply reinstalled Rebug 4.84.2 over it and it installed without any issues.
      Coldheart2236 likes this.
    12. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      Ah, fair enough then. The QA flag will remain enabled after installing different CFW, so it only needs to be done once :)
    13. azraeluk
      azraeluk
      Hi all, I'm very new to PS3 jailbreaking, so apologies for a n00b question, will this work on my CECH-4003C ?
    14. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      Unfortunately not. Super slim models are not compatible with any CFW, however you can still install PS3HEN which will allow you to install and run homebrew, which is a similar experience to custom firmware.
    15. arthur noble
      arthur noble
      hey guys super new here but not new to the scene. Well new to ps3 mod stuff. but anyhow
      i have a 60gb Model CECHA01 ps3 and i got the ferrox cfw everything is fine until i started loading my ps2 titles and as i read above someone was getting the black screen. how do i fix this for this firmware cause i wanna play my ps2 games =)
    16. azraeluk
      azraeluk
      Thank you very much for your reply, very helpful!
      Coldheart2236 likes this.
    17. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      You're more than welcome :)
    18. SebhastianARG
      SebhastianARG
      this Ferrox CFW 4.85 is compatible with CCAPI 2.80 ??? :victorious:o_O
    19. Louay
      Louay
      Nope CCAPI dev didn't update it for 4.85 CFW yet ,so you have to wait