ManaGunZ - PS3 Backup Manager by Zar v1.35

A feature rich backup Manager (& More) by Zar (Iris Manager Fork)

1. 2,757
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

Fyi, habib's original algo generates the same hash for both retail and debug modules, so it's better to use one on my git for rebug or dex cfws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. 451
    Alexander

Alexander Developer

yes @Joonie, thanks for the clarification, I was aware of. ;)

3. 712
    Zar

Zar Developer

So, i used the new hashcalk from Joonie github. I couldn't make it work because of the unself... i had "perror couldnt find key"... anyway i remplaced it with scetool to extract the files. So, here the result with the files of rebug 4.8.2 :

explore_category_game.sprx
    Section 0:
    p_offset=f0
    size:56ce9
    0xde52c00000056000
    Section 1:
    p_offset=ec720
    size:51fe
    0x0000100000005000
    Section 2:
    p_offset=f91b0
    size:1c6cd
    0x0000a0000001c000
    Section 3:
    p_offset=670
    size:1000000000
    0x7e37600000000000​

explore_plugin.sprx
    Section 0:
    p_offset=f0
    size:6477
    0x05fd000000006000
    Section 1:
    p_offset=ffe0
    size:866
    0x0000000000000000
    Section 2:
    p_offset=11760
    size:1b22
    0x0000f00000001000
    Section 3:
    p_offset=670
    0x01ff000000000000​

game_ext_plugin.sprx
    Section 0:
    p_offset=f0
    size:1e5d3
    0xcc2680000001e000
    Section 1:
    p_offset=4c7a0
    size:1db7
    0x0000000000001000
    Section 2:
    p_offset=52150
    size:d046
    0x000040000000d000
    Section 3:
    p_offset=670
    0x25df800000000000​

But i don't know what I have to write to define GAME_EXT_PLUGIN_REBUG_HASH / EXPLORE_CATEGORY_GAME_REBUG_HASH / EXPLORE_PLUGIN_REBUG_HASH ?

4. 451
    Alexander

Alexander Developer

@Zar
    You can take a cue from modulespatch.h file (rebug cobra cfw's)
    always keep into consideration the Section 0

GAME_EXT_PLUGIN_REBUG_HASH 0xcc2680000001e000
    EXPLORE_CATEGORY_GAME_REBUG_HASH 0xde52c00000056000
    EXPLORE_PLUGIN_REBUG_HASH 0xc50d0000000ec000

You can use these HashCalc. They should work without problem.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  5. 58
    Rancid-o

Rancid-o Developer

Home Page:
    Yes you have add hash to rebug cfw..
    Also you need remove that 4_81DEX from:

elif defined(FIRMWARE_4_81) || defined(FIRMWARE_4_81DEX)

And add 4_81DEX symbols separately.

Take 4.78CEX/DEX as example, the symbols to 4.81 are totally mess (as my engrish)

kozarovv, aldostools, Zar and 2 others like this.
  6. 4,040
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

@Zar im thinking in a new menu that could be very handy, is easy to implement i guess, and it could serve to group several info that is spreaded around in some backup managers

The idea is to add a new info menu (no user interact, is just informative) something like...
    [Managunz settings]--->[Info]---> [Test firmware features]
    In it you could add all the info about firmware features that managunz uses as dependencies

There are a few things that could be added in it, like...
    -firmware version
    -a list of custom syscalls presence (the ones used by managunz, not all)
    -cobra presence
    -cobra version
    -cobra plugins loaded (ntfs, rawseciso, netiso, etc...)

Those are the first that comes to mind... but probably there are others, you are implementing lot of new features :)

Im not telling to try to complete this list of tests right now.... is mostlly an info menu where you can add some of the things i mentioned... but also for long term is a good place where can be added more tests for features that could be implemented in the future (dependencies related with new features of cobra, info about PS1, PS2, PSP emulators, etc...)

For the user i think it could be pretty useful... is a great way to know if managunz considers the firmware where is running is "good enought" to support all managunz features

------------------------------------
    If the forum staff does a competition count on me... im a candidate to the trophy too ;)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    DeViL303, bguerville and Zar like this.
  7. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

That is a brilliant idea @sandungas....
    An exhaustive list of currently patched files/payloads & their status & offered support... Totally worthy of Managunz!

8. 4,040
    sandungas

More ideas, im my previous message i was thinking in "software dependencies", but there are other interesting info managunz can check, i think could be included in other [info] menues... mostlly because the menues/submenues tree zar is using is nice and there is no room restriction, so adding several [info] menues doesnt seems to be a problem

Another one could be for [Test hardware features]
    -BD controller presence (if not present = "noBD cfw" = managunz can disable all mount modes, except the app_home)
    -PS2 hardware compatibility
    -HDD model and size (get from xregistry.sys)
    -Any other info about components, PS3 model, CELL/RSX revision, maybe not related to backup managers, but nerds like me will love it

And another one for [Test console settings]
    -X/O buttons swap (for japanese consoles, get from xregistry.sys, managunz could inherit this setting)
    -XMB language (get from xregistry.sys, managunz could inherit this setting)
    -XMB navigation sounds ON/OFF (i guess can be get from xregistry.sys, managunz could inherit this setting)
    -Other stuff from xregistry.sys

bguerville likes this.
  9. 4,040
    sandungas

Meh, i dont like the word "test" for this... also if you add several info menues all them starting with the word "test" or "check" looks redundant, is better something like this:

[Settings]--->[Info]---> [Hardware features]
    [Settings]--->[Info]---> [Firmware features]
    [Settings]--->[Info]---> [Console settings]

Also, for the items inside them you can use colors
    green = ok/supported
    red = wrong/unsupported
    orange = partial

And last thing... at the end of the list for the [Firmware features] you can display a overal resume of wich backup mount modes are going to work, wich doesn't etc...
    I dont like much this idea because the total posible amount of combinations is big, there are a lot of things to explain, and there is not much room, but looks like the best place to display some warnings and advises... inmediatly after all the checks

bguerville likes this.
  10. 4,040
    sandungas

Being picky... can be added memory allocation and free memory also... some kind of mini memory map
    And even CELL load, could be used to see how efficient managunz is along its diferent versions

bguerville likes this.
  11. 712
    Zar

Zar Developer

I like the ideas. I though about something similar few weeks ago and now it grow up in my mind even more.

Also, I already wrote a 'xregisyry viewer'. It convert the registry to a text file. So, i managed to understand how it works. It's pretty simple (jsx was harder :s). But there is some value that are unkown in psdevwiki perhaps it's hash ?

I want to add ps2 options from registry available in ps2 game menu of managunz. Also, xreg editor can be nice...

But for now i'm on something else, I'm currently ading inside 'offsetfinder' modulespatch.h and symbol.h of mamba to allow me to add new firmware of mamba with a simple click on the exe.

Once it's done i'll probable release the update and then i think i'll start the 'ps2 CONFIG creator'.

sandungas, STLcardsWS and bguerville like this.
  12. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

I can't wait for this update... Love MGZ!

13. 4,040
    sandungas

The missing values in xregistry.sys structure tables in wiki ?
    http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/XRegistry.sys#Structure
    I made them time ago while looking at the file, but at that point it existed the pc app "xRegistry.sys Editor 0.75 by stoker" so it was a bit like reinventing the wheel, i made them mostlly for documentation and completion purposes
    Later i lost interest in xregistry and never went back again, so i could not complete the tables, cant help much with that

But just as a weird note... i found a xregistry.sys that had sections with "garbage" either because it was info generated by some kind of error, or because was residues from deleted user accounts
    I could never figure it out but for me at that point was obvious that was garbage... iirc that areas are delimited by the 0xAABBCCDDEE0000
    You have to decide if displaying them in your viewer or ignore them (because are garbage for the firmware i think firmware doesnt even reads them)
    There must be a way to clean them out also... but this process could be a bit risky, because the file can end corrupted if made wrong and is hard to imagine all the scenarios that could contain that kid of garbage (hdd backup/restore, deleting users, other kind of errors, etc... there could be lot of process that creates "garbage" inside xregistry.sys

14. 712
    Zar

Zar Developer

15. 80
    LizZo

LizZo Member

Hi Zar, thank you for this update!
    I was wondering if you are interested to make a translation file, or something similar. Would be nice to add an option to choose the language of ManaGunz. I am available to help with the italian language :)

maniek6666 likes this.
  16. 712
    Zar

Zar Developer

Thank you.
    I'll do it but probably not for the next update.
    I'll try to do it for the v1.30.

17. 4,040
    sandungas

The PS2 support is starting to look great, i love how you standarize things :)
    I say "starting" because when you move an step forward some new ideas comes to my mind based on your work

Did you think in creating some kind of "PS2 config editor" ?
    To allow the user to create config files in a really easy way, the point is the amount of options availables to use in a config file is limited, and the data types of its values i guess most are known... the complete list is not known as far i know (probably there is some setting missing in wiki) but because is a limited amount then is posible to create an editor
    The settings are ordered in groups, you could display this groups, then the user selects a group, then selects a setting for that group, then the value for the setting... and so on, one by one the settings are added until the user clicks in the "save config file"

Did you think in adding a download link for the widescreen.zip patches from pcsx2 git ? (or any other official alternative link)
    Those patches are really nice, so nice that imo should be included as part of managunz, but in the case are not included the link to download them from git could work as a nice way to keep them updated
    Also, i guess managunz support zip deflate, right ?, so is just a matter of downloading the file to tmp folder, and them decompress it inside managunz installation path

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  18. 712
    Zar

Zar Developer

@sandungas
    I wanted to include them but i don't remember why i didn't.
    The idea was to have the option to use pnach file like it's done now and to use the widescreen pnach collection with his own menu option. Like it's done in pcsx2. They have a folder "cheat_ws" for widescreen pnatch and "cheat" for others pnatch. I think I'll do it, if I don't remember why it's not done that's means it wasn't rly important ^^'

I don't rly like the structure of these pnatch files. There isn't any information about patches inside the structure of the file. There is some comment but there are optional, it's not like netcheat files, for each patch you have an information : http://netcheat.gamehacking.org/

"PS2 CONFIG editor" this is my current project even if didn't start yet, i'm still thinking about the interface. There is 0x50 command and for each command there is several parameters... I don't see any group. I think i'll start doing something on windows before porting it on ManaGunZ.

Edit : Finally, after an hour of thinking, here how it will probably look like :[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    sandungas likes this.
  19. 4,040
    sandungas

Sorry, i went confused with the PSP emu settings, for PSP is where are grouped very well: GENERAL, AW, AUDIO, S3D, CONV, FILTER, DOF, BLOOM, ADHOC
    http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Emulation#Emulator_Settings (the left column of the table)

But for PS2 emu are diferent so i dont know how to build an editor for it
    Is not so easy an intuitive as i thought initially when i was thinking in PSP

----------
    The pnach problem you are mentioning is important, is good to have a description for every patch but the format doesnt supports it
    So now is when you have to decide, if upgrading the format (in the eyes of some this will be like breaking it), or add the info by using an additional file (the problem here is those files are not going to be mantained and standarized)
    So i dont know what i would do if i where you... i noticed you had some talks in psx-scene forum with devs related to pnach, i think what i would do is to post your thoughts there and expose the problem, maybe you will get some inspiration of what could be the best development path to follow, i bet they had to fight with this problem too before so they should have spent some time thinking in this

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  20. 618
    self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Looking good!
    New version actually loads on my machine now rather then crashing on startup which is nice. :)

Is there anyway to get it to use my own covers that are already on the hdds? (260x300,300x300 jpgs in the same folder and same filename as isos)
    It's downloading covers now anyway, I'd stop it but the cancel button seems to be broken.
    Looks like half of them are failing, But I'll just have to wait it out now. Could be a while with the size of my game list... lol

Thanks for the hard work!

edit: OK it seemed to freeze up during the cover download. The bullet was still flying around, but no activity for half an hour. Excuse the crappy photos. 2nd pic is just to give an idea what game would of been next. No funky filenames that I could see. :/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Zar likes this.