PS3 Original PS3 Gameboot & Sounds [4.80 - 4.84 CFW ONLY] 1.01

Restores the original PS3 gameboot logo and sounds

1. 36
    diegogta4

diegogta4 Member

thanks by detailed explatation bro! Anouther thing, my gameboot i had instaled, he not have sparks, so moding the original file by this your, he's go to got sparts?

Enviado de meu SM-J600GT usando o Tapatalk

2. 2,652
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    That lines.qrc is as close to the original as I could get it for now, ie the sparks only ever appeared on the gameboot, nowhere else. I can easily remove them from the gameboot as well if you want so no sparks will ever appear anywhere.

Was it the all black background wave I made you used? If so I will simply just edit it to remove the gameboot sparks. Will only take 2 mins to do this...

diegogta4 likes this.
  3. 36
    diegogta4

diegogta4 Member

Actually i'm still using the original colorful theme, but i also like the black themed xmb, if you ever get to choose the black and the colorful theme from the theme menu it would be cool. The highest priority, let's say, was to remove the sparks everywhere. Tomorrow I will test the lines.qrc of your post, but if you could get the sparks from the gameboot I would appreciate it.

Enviado de meu SM-J600GT usando o Tapatalk

4. 2,652
    Cypher_CG89

Here are 2 more lines.qrc files....

Colour Select (No Particles).zip > This is basically the OFW wave with no particles anywhwere, so you can still select the background colour from the Theme menu as normal and the backgrounds will change from month to month like normal.

All Black (No Particles).zip > This is the OFW wave with no particles anywhere and the background is all black with no monthly colour change so it will stay black all the time, you can still choose a side menu colour from the theme menu as normal but thats it, the background stays black perminantly.

These zip files contian the PS3~dev_blind.zip for install as when you download the other one from the other post the ~ in the file name gets changed to _ which breaks the self install function.

So extract these on your PC first before putting them on USB and put the dev_blind zips in appropriatly named folders on your USB drive so you don't get confused as to which is which as both the dev_blind zips are named the same but install the same way that is detailed in this thread > enter multiMAN, enable dev_blind, click on zip, reboot.

In fact if you use webMAN MOD you can set it to mount dev_blind on boot of the PS3 then you don't need to enable dev_blind in MulitMAN as its already been done prior to entering MultiMAN> This is how I have it set up anyways and is easy to check as when you select PS3 Root in MultiMANs File Manager you will see dev_blind listed as one of the folders there.

EDIT: These will work on CFW or HEN ( Info for anyone reading this and wants to try them )

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Estox, sb00, diegogta4 and 1 other person like this.
  5. 705
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Member

Cool bro...i'll test them...thanks

6. 94
    sb00

sb00 Member

Looks like I'm going back to 4.84. I gotta try that all black. :nevreness:

Danxx444 likes this.
  7. 94
    sb00

sb00 Member

This all black mod is perfect and exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you!

8. 705
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Member

@Cypher_CG89 I tested the wave mod you made and it was amazing.. it really is without the sparkles. Then I did some tests with custom_render_plugin.rco without modification (in its normal state) and did the test with custom_render_plugin.rco that @sandungas modified to work coldboot, gameboot and otherboot ... with these tests, I had two results ... first I used the rco without modifications the result was without sparkles in the gameboot..excellent ... the second test I did with the rco of sandungas, and the result ... was sparkles in the gameboot ... yes..they appeared ... the rco that has the gameboot enabled .. does the sparkles appear ... has some way to disable by rco? .... ah ... and also did another test ... I used the gameboot's sprx plugin with normal custom_render_plugin.rco without modification ... the result was the appearance of sparkles in the gameboot.

9. 2,652
    Cypher_CG89

Post the RCO's you used and which is which and I will have a look. I only test this against the SPRX I patched for the gameboot on CFW which is only patched to enforce the game boot and audio. I have not tested it out on other mods people have made, I edit them to be as minimal as possible so people can mix and match with other mods from other people to get the customisation they want.

But it will most like likely be because of anim_otherboot ( this is where the RCO calls on the particles IIRC ). All I really did to the lines.qrc was make the partilces invisible by altering the Global Alpha float from 1 to 0 so they will not show up but technically they are still there... you just cannot see them.

Also the function amin_otherboot will have it's own settings defined with the SPRX which can overrride the lines.qrc settings

Danxx444 likes this.
  10. 705
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Member

Here pal

Attached Files:

11. 2,652
    Cypher_CG89

Thanks, your using HEN right..? not CFW... Just so I know which of my PS3's to test this on properly.

12. 425
    Zwei

Zwei Member

Hi
    Does it work on any CFW 4.85?

13. 705
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Member

Yes...my PS3 is HEN..thanks

14. 2,652
    Cypher_CG89

If you mean the original gameboot then yes it works on 4.85 CFW. The waves files (lines.qrc) that are dotted about the thread will work as well. There is also a Slim Style Gameboot I did as well which still works on 4.85 CFW.

I just haven't updated my thread to say it still works on 4.85 CFW as I want to add a few things to both the Original and Slim Style gameboot version I did before I do.

Zwei likes this.
  15. 5,755
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

If you find something interesting in it worthy to be mentioned advise me, is the file i uploaded in post #194 of this thread:
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/a...e-1-00-2-70-to-4-84.26076/page-10#post-205000

Btw... i dont get why you are including the official custom_render_plugin.rco in your download
    Is the official custom_render_plugin.rco used in 4.80~4.85 firmwares with MD5: 9441159906B3A81E9A4DAD58CD995ED8
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Template:Custom_render_plugin.rco_changelog

By following the install instructions (using multiman) the official custom_render_plugin.rco (in your zip) is going to be overwritten on top of the official custom_render_plugin.rco (in the user flash)
    Both are the same file, is pointless

Also, in the .txt is not mentioned that the custom_render_plugin.rco you are including in the zip is the official (i realized about it because i was comparing them after extracted and i was shocked to see it had zero differences with the official... later i checked the MD5 of the rco and was even more surprised)
    The people thinks that the file is important, but doesnt makes anything special
    All the "magic" of your zip is inside the .sprx

----------------
    Btw, you are free to use the tricks of my custom_render_plugin.rco or include it intact in your download... but please give credits to me :P

16. 2,652
    Cypher_CG89

Incase anyone has been using other mods, like maybe a custom gameboot> like my slim sytle, and wants to just have the Original PS3 gameboot logo again. just the SPRX is not going to cut it as they would still be using the modded RCO. So everything that is needed is included.

EDIT: Also the timings are different in the RCO compared to when the gameboot was being used in OFW which I have now corrected and will be added to an update along with the lines.qrc file ans some other things to both gameboots.

The only reason I asked for the modded RCO was to see if was "anim_otherboot" that was causing the particles to appear back in the waves I posted above so @Danxx444 could use what you did on HEN with no Particles. I am more than 90% sure that it is anim_otherboot so reducing the timings to 0 or removing it would stop the RCO from calling on the particles during the gameboot.

Danxx444 likes this.
  17. 5,755
    sandungas

The custom_render_plugin.rco i made is exactly like the old coldboot and gameboot, and it have the particles, i never tryed to remove them
    But what you want to do ?, with particles or without them ?

Also, keep in mind the patch in the sprx seems to be redirecting anim_otherboot to anim_gameboot... and in the custom_render_plugin.rco i made im doing the same redirection too
    So... incase of using the sprx and my rco... both with the same redirections... i dont know what is going to do really
    Maybe one of the redirections nulls the other... dunno

18. 705
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Member

Without them

19. 5,755
    sandungas

Im going to paste some xml as example, this is what i did in the custom_render_plugin.rco
    Im only showing 2 animations, anim_otherboot and anim_gameboot
    The contents of anim_gameboot are exactly the same since firmware 1.00 up to 4.85 they never changed it... and this is a bit tricky to understand

I think what happened is... in old firmwares most of the games was loading anim_gameboot... with the logo made with spiderman font
    In modern firmwares they changed it at sprx level... now the games loads anim_otherboot, that also existed since firmware 1.00 (but nobody realized because was loaded only by special apps)

In modern official firmwares the anim_gameboot is exactly like in 1.00 firmware... but the sprx never loads it :)
    So... what i did is to redirect anim_otherboot ---to---> anim_gameboot

Anyway, im explaining this to show you that the xml im going to copy below is the original anim_gameboot of firmwares 1.00 up to 4.85
    Code:
    <Anim name="anim_gameboot">
    	<Lock unknownInt0="0xffffffff" />
    	<Fade object="object:ps3logo" time="0" accelMode="0x0" colorScaleA="0" />
    	<Resize object="object:ps3logo" time="0" accelMode="0x0" sizeScaleX="0.938" sizeScaleY="0.938" sizeScaleZ="1" />
    	<FireEvent event="event:native:/anim_gameboot_BG2" />
    	<Delay time="500" />
    	<Fade object="object:ps3logo" time="863" accelMode="0x3" colorScaleA="1" />
    	<Resize object="object:ps3logo" time="863" accelMode="0x4" sizeScaleX="1" sizeScaleY="1" sizeScaleZ="1" />
    	<FireEvent event="event:native:/anim_gameboot_BG3" />
    	<Delay time="1100" />
    	<Fade object="object:ps3logo" time="174" accelMode="0x1" colorScaleA="0" />
    	<Resize object="object:ps3logo" time="174" accelMode="0x1" sizeScaleX="1.284" sizeScaleY="1.284" sizeScaleZ="1" />
    	<Delay time="1000" />
    	<Delay time="200" />
    	<FireEvent event="event:native:/anim_gameboot_Finished" />
    </Anim>

The only thing i modifyed related with gameboot is this
    This is what does the redirection
    Code:
    <Anim name="anim_otherboot">
    	<FireEvent event="anim:anim_gameboot" />
    </Anim>

Anyway... if you want to disable the particles effects (something that never was made officially)... you need to remove or replace this lines:
    <FireEvent event="event:native:/anim_gameboot_BG2" />
    <FireEvent event="event:native:/anim_gameboot_BG3" />

That "event" that is "fired" represents a function inside the sprx... and that functions works like a animated sequence + his settings (loaded from the MNU files inside lines.qrc)

Take a look at this list made by @DeViL303
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/r...der_plugin-sprx-rco.25952/page-13#post-205902
    I guess BG4 should remove the particles (and also the wave), seems to fit with what you want

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Danxx444 likes this.
  20. 705
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Member

Two things i dont understand is..why have to resign the sprx plugin to enable gameboot? and why does it only work with HEN enabled? (in my case) ... what's the big difference with the current game_ext_plugin.sprx from the old one besides them just turning off the gameboot?