PS3 PASTA 4.84 COBRA 8.1 (DEX) CFW by Joonie

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 28, 2019.

By STLcardsWS on Mar 28, 2019 at 10:10 PM
  1. 8,604
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

The PlayStation 3 (PS3) CFW development and really just development in general has been stuck in high gear after an initial slow start with the release of 4.84 OFW but developer's now seems to be rolling along at a rapid pace with new advancements around every corner and that has not stopped as it seems everyone is getting a little love on the PS3 .This time around those that have DEX FW needs on your debug units, CFW developer @Joonie has you covered with a new flavor of PASTA (DEX) COBRA CFW that now includes the once again updated COBRA payload to the NEW version 8.1, all details surrounding the changes and this latest DEX Cobra CFW can be found in the release notes provided by @Joonie.

Also see the other PASTA flavors here (such as a standard version)

cobra8.1.jpg

• COBRA 8.1 Edition
      PASTA CFW_v2_DEX_COBRA_4.84_PS3UPDAT.PUP
      MD5 : 8e0d3abd82d5ba44ceb6e56e9ddc1336 Release date : 03/28/2019
      https://mega.nz/#!qYIAxASJ!h8fIFiYMtw3_zERctroftRF2Has0d_TCqdhcOId7-Pw

Patch notes:
      • Font fix (some old games that use system font now display all letters correctly, Polish letter fix is removed due to this change )
      • PS3Xploit support (The old webkit is brought back to allow PS3Xploit support, HAN can be used)

Cobra 8.1 (Enabled by Default)
      1. Stage0 now supports kernel & VSH plugin on both Cobra and non-Cobra mode.
      Cobra mode
      *dev_hdd0/boot_plugins_kernel.txt* required for kernel plugin
      *dev_hdd0/boot_plugins.txt* required for VSH boot plugin​

non-cobra mode
      *dev_hdd0/boot_plugins_kernel_nocobra_dex.txt* required for kernel plugin
      *dev_hdd0/boot_plugins_nocobra_dex.txt* required for VSH boot plugin​

(Rebuilding database can remove these two flag files to disable plugins.)

2. loadoptical flag is created when stage2 is not running even after HDD format
      *non cobra mode only, this is only beneficial for BC/Semi BC users who do not use Cobra*)

Thanks to @habib

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 28, 2019.

1. endz
      endz
      On the XMB my Install Package Files folder doesn't work, when I go into it it just shows nothing, I have to use IRISMAN to install packages. Is there any way to not display the Connected from/Hostname info on the bottom right? Also, when I tried to install this version, Pasta Cobra V2, from Rebug REX it wouldn't appear, I first had to install the standard Pasta then this, I dont know if that was intentional or not. I came from Rebug REX 4.84.1. I like this CFW.