PS3 Playing Online with CFW Playstation?

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by MadMax1611, May 6, 2019.

1. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

you won't lose anything when updating cfw,all apps and settings are untouched.if you QA your console you can update and downgrade to any cfw freely.

2. 75
    insanetoker89

insanetoker89 Forum Noob

You can simply download the newest rebug firmware and install it via usb. As for playing online, PSNpatch and the plugin is good enough combined with webman mod. Load your game, press R2+/\ to delete history files and syscalls then unload webman with L3+R3+R2 <- this last part I'm not 100% sure is necessary) if a Dev could shed some light :)

3. 2,538
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    I use Anti-Ban EBOOTs on all COD games when playing online, even though I don't mod anymore on them unless is a private match with friends, its better to be a bit safer than sorry.

It would depend on what else has been done to the EBOOT to where its was safeish. Generally speaking using anytype of mod carries a risk of a ban from PSN. All an Anti-Ban EBOOT really does is attempt to block some of the automated params on the games server side... it has worked for me for years, but toher have not been so lucky and goten baaned for next to nothing, so its pot luck and at you own risk playing online in CFW and always has been.

No its not needed. I have never done this in all the years I have used CFW. I mean if you really wanted to do this then you could, it will be loaded back into memory on reboot anyways but I don't see the point in it really.

IF using a Cobra CFW it will block the ability to use homebrew after the syscals are disabled anyways so you cannot use it until you reboot and if using a Standard Non cobra CFW then PSN Patch will also block homebrew from being used once the syscals have been disabled.

Algol and insanetoker89 like this.
  4. 75
    insanetoker89

insanetoker89 Forum Noob

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.

5. 156
    VTSTech

VTSTech Member

My theory has been that modifying a core game file (EBOOT) in and of itself could catch a ban. I always keep my game content original. I don't use game mods or 'hacks' -- In the first days of having a modded PS3 I did go online a few times (HFW/HEN) without CFW SysCall disabled. Played Doom 3, Far Cry 3 and Ridge Racer 7. Didn't catch a ban. Starting with Destiny I disable CFW SysCall every time now.

6. 2,538
    Cypher_CG89

This has been the case since Day1 of Games hacks and CFW. And as always anything you do is at your own risk..

That was a really stupid thing to do... you may have triggered a red flag on the PSN/Game servers, which may result in an account/console ban. Or you may have been lucky and got away with it.

7. 11,164
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

my guess is that, like with torrents, sony only goes after people that are easy to spot. checking whether an idps has been replaced and whatnot probably takes a lot of time. on sony's official website, it mentions a process they go through when it comes to bannings. it's like 7-10 days or so from being flagged. it's to double-triple check everything, so you won't be banned instantly. and, there's no reversing it, because according to sony, their investigation is thorough.

8. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

i sincerely doubt that.i really do think some games are still monitored,others are not.

9. 75
    insanetoker89

insanetoker89 Forum Noob

My account was banned in Destiny earlier this week. I always disable cfw syscalls and hide my stuff but somehow they still detected it. It's my understanding though that Bungie has very strict rules and high detection methods when it comes to cfw.

10. 2,538
    Cypher_CG89

Did you....

Use Mods, Buy an account from someelse? use a hacked account ie stats have been modded or simliar?

11. 75
    insanetoker89

insanetoker89 Forum Noob

Nope. No mods or anything like that. It was a fresh account with new characters.

12. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

my cechc was banned instantly in gtaV when my nephew mistankenly lauched MP (because i have clean superslim for going online),no mods,eboots,cheats etc,just my own rip of the game in iso format and launched i think from wmM.

that's why i sincerely doubt that whole flagging process.

13. 80
    O_o_Harry_O

O_o_Harry_O Forum Noob

Should i use EBOOT Anti-ban for playing FIFA 19 online on CFW?

14. 75
    insanetoker89

insanetoker89 Forum Noob

You really don't need to unless you're a hardcore modder. As long as you delete history/syscalls and disable cfw with R2+/\ you're good to go, but make sure you have PSNpatch plugin installed also.

Edit: except for destiny, I would make sure to always use an antiban eboot if you can find one.

15. 80
    O_o_Harry_O

O_o_Harry_O Forum Noob

Isn't using PSN Patch app enough?
    you said something about R2+/\ . i don't know what it is.

16. 75
    insanetoker89

insanetoker89 Forum Noob

Yes PSNpatch is enough combined with webman mod. R2+/\ means pressing R2 + TRIANGLE before you sign into PSN. So the steps would be to mount your game, press R2+/\, sign in and play. But before any of that make sure you have the PSNpatch plugin installed. Open PSNpatch and press SELECT to open the toolbox and press whatever button (pretty sure it's left on the d-pad) to enable the plugin and press START to reboot.

17. 80
    O_o_Harry_O

O_o_Harry_O Forum Noob

what will happen if i don't press R2+TRIANGLE ?

18. 75
    insanetoker89

insanetoker89 Forum Noob

Well if you're on CEX you won't be able to sign into PSN if you have the PSNpatch plugin enabled. And if you dont then good luck with your ban lol.

19. 80
    O_o_Harry_O

O_o_Harry_O Forum Noob

As I Recall, Opening PSN Patch and then pressing X would be enough for signing to PSN since PSN Patch Spoofs IDPS and PSID and Disables CFW. And If you are on DEX you need to Spoof IDPS to LV2 Memory using Rebug Toolbox. I Believe that pressing R2+TRIANGLE can delete the history and the Psninja would do the same thing but it is obsolete. So I think PSN Patch would be enough but i am not sure if it deletes the history or not.

20. 75
    insanetoker89

insanetoker89 Forum Noob

You can do what you want, but as I said earlier installing the PSNpatch plugin would be better so you don't have to keep opening the app every time you want to play online. Webman mod deletes history/syscalls and cfw when pressing R2+triangle but if you have the PSNpatch plugin installed they both trigger with that button combo so it's a lot safer than anything else.