Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3HEN Homebrew Compatibility Chart

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by STLcardsWS, May 4, 2019.

1. 742
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    I had a full night of testing.

Webman mod 1.47.20 is working perfectly.
    I had one crash when trying to mount a game. Thought it had something to do with retroarch being used before mounting iso with webman, but I couldn't recreate the crash.

Retroarch is working great also. Me and my bud got rather into playing some classics. Tested nes, snes and genesis with many games. All working as expected.

aldostools, Algol and esc0rtd3w like this.
  2. 44
    CFW-User

CFW-User Forum Noob

All you need to do to get sMAN working is, add boot_plugins.txt to /dev_hdd0. Inside boot_plugins.txt, you need to add one of these lines (choose appropriate one for you, depending on where you have put sman.sprx): “/dev_hdd0/sman.sprx”, or “/dev_hdd0/plugins/sman.sprx”. It’s worth mentioning that you’ll still need to use boot_plugins_nocobra.txt. I hope this helps.

3. 1,188
    esc0rtd3w

esc0rtd3w Developer

Hacker
    Home Page:
    this file is no longer searched for by HEN

or at least it shouldn't be lol

n00b and Joonie like this.
  4. 44
    CFW-User

CFW-User Forum Noob

I didn’t know that. My advice was from my personal experience with HEN v1.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  5. 152
    oneohthree

oneohthree Member

Ok, but did you test it properly? Is it working?

6. 2
    far3x

far3x Forum Noob

multiMAN 04.82.00 works fine. After installing the black screen, but if you restart the console by disconnecting from the power, then after it works[​IMG]

Sakimotor likes this.
  7. 2
    far3x

far3x Forum Noob

And for some reason it shows that firmware 4.75[​IMG]

8. 287
    Niander466

Niander466 Member

Nurse
    Home Page:
    Well I do not know if this is useful yet but MultiMan at least with me works practically at 100%. Unless I change it to standard CFW there it freezes, but all the functions I need like file manager, ftp, theme change, downloads, are working perfectly, there was at no time conflict with the WebMan MOD. I am currently using PSHEN 2.0.1 BETA.

citra mulia, aldostools and Algol like this.
  9. 154
    xXTakarashiXx

xXTakarashiXx Member

weird that ppl have BlackScreen on installing multiman 4.82, I'd installed it using Debug pkg (HAN) then reboot then enabled HEN and then launched multiman and no blackscreen after accepting the terms of use & everything booted/worked perfectly, I did that when I was on HEN v1 btw

10. 9
    PollitoRex

PollitoRex Forum Noob

I tried loading homebrew with WebMAN disabled and no issues yet, I will test more this days but the problem I was reporting seems more related to no resigning properly the EBOOT.BIN file rather than WebMAN I think.

aldostools likes this.
  11. 5,772
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    @STLcardsWS something I would like to post is (and I figured it wouldn't just testing for others) if you use PSN Patch to install the plugin that works fine for button combo to disable syscalls. But DO NOT INSTALL webMAN EXTENSIONS it removes HEN & HAN. You have to reinstall HAN then HEN as well as @aldostools boot_mamba.pkg to get all your stuff back. Only thing left on the XMB is install packages but of course that doesn't work without HAN/HEN enabled.

And @aldostools you PS3HEN beta for 2.0.1 beta2 works great. The fix for mM really helps and when accessing the XMB from in-game it shows all the options. Best of all it doesn't lock up anymore thus asking for a file system repair. Also it's nice having plugins on the internal HDD again and not from USB. So thank you, @Joonie and @DeViL303 for the nice new options. Really dig the ability to grab any file from the browser now. I'm gonna test grabbing PKG files from brewology later. Hopefully they work as it's a great resource for items. I had issues grabbing from Github but I only tried one link. I'll test more throughly later tonight.

aldostools likes this.
  12. 55
    zarebcn

zarebcn Forum Noob

@aldostools will you update/fix Irisman for running ISO games properly? right now it shutsdown the PS3 everytime i try to launch an ISO game, Multiman and ManaGunz work great with ISO but i dunno why but i prefer Irisman GUI also its create ISO feature is far better than Multiman's one

aldostools likes this.
  13. 3,219
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

Did you try using IRISMAN 4.84.4? It should be mounting the PS3ISO games properly.
    https://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=250

Do not try PS2ISO or PSPISO games on HEN. Instead use PS2 Classics GUI and PSPtoPS3 to convert the ISO games into PS2 Classics / PSP Remaster / PSP Mini format.

Not sure if PSXISO games work with IRISMAN + PS3HEN. IRISMAN uses the original method that executes the ps1emu directly from /dev_flash (except for PSXISO games stored in a NTFS device that use Cobra method like webMAN).

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  14. 55
    zarebcn

zarebcn Forum Noob

yes, i have this 4.84.4 version installed. i only tried PS3ISO games and all of them work with multiman and managunz but irisman shutsdown my PS3 everytime :(. i have tried to reinstall OFW + HFW twice + HAN + HEN v2 again but same and i dont have webman installed.

with JB format works but its ISO that is not working for me

15. 161
    Fedor Wearing A Fedora

Fedor Wearing A Fedora Member

@aldostools thank you for the 1.47.20 version, works really smooth. PSX games with .CUE/single .BIN or .CUE/.IMG run without problems except for CDDA games (they run, but music stutters or wrong track plays), also great that the region lock is removed!
    I've noticed a small problem with webman mod, if your pc still has an active ftp connection (no transfer, just listing of directories) and you try to launch an app or game the ps3 will freeze. Disabling the webman mod ftp completly or disconnecting the ftp connection will solve the problem.
    I dont know if others also have this problem, but is it possible to add an extra step that webwan mod disables ftp before launching an app or game? I think that multiman for example does this when exiting the app.
    I was also wondering why the ftp transfer with multiman is much faster than webman mod, is it because webman mod is a plugin instead of a full application (so less resources)?

Algol and aldostools like this.
  16. 3,219
    aldostools

Ok thanks for the bug report... I don't use PS3HEN, so I cannot test this bug myself. I will ask @Joonie about this issue...
    The last time that he tested that build, I think he reported me that the PS3ISO were working...

Anyway I suggest you to use webMAN MOD ;)

Algol likes this.
  17. 3,219
    aldostools

Thank you for your report... I think your suggestion about disconnect the inactive FTP session before mount is valid.
    I'll check what I can do about it....

The FTP in multiMAN (and Rebug Toolbox) are faster because they use async read/write.
    webMAN uses sync read/write which is less complex to implement for a plugin.
    The last time that I tried to implement it I had some issues, maybe it's time to retry to do it again.

Algol and Fedor Wearing A Fedora like this.
  18. 5,772
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

PSX ISO's aren't working on IRISMAN from my testing but you are correct in that it launches just fine from NTFS. I have just used webMAN MOD which works great for PSX games.

Always wondered why there was such a difference in speeds. I still get the fastest transfers when using the old Blackb0x FTP app though. Whatever Sony did to the firmwares has also impacted speeds. 3.55/4.21 I always got amazing speeds. But it's considerably slower nowadays. @Joonie did some testing of this a while back. Can't seem to find that article anymore but if I do I'll bookmark it this time.

aldostools likes this.
  19. 156
    NiHuShu

NiHuShu Member

DOSBOX 0.74 doesn't work even after resigning. It shows error 80010007

20. 156
    NiHuShu

NiHuShu Member

GamePad Test works perfectly without resigning

aldostools likes this.