Splitting ISO files and copying them to multiman

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by TinyInkognegroT, May 21, 2019.

1. 128
    TinyInkognegroT

TinyInkognegroT Member

2. 128
    TinyInkognegroT

TinyInkognegroT Member

Okay I'll try that here in a minute. I'm just waking up and seeing these replies

3. 10,440
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

you might also try a different cable or a different pc.

TinyInkognegroT likes this.
  4. 128
    TinyInkognegroT

TinyInkognegroT Member

I'm going to my moms today, I'll use her router and cable and see if there's a difference.

5. 10,440
    pinky

since your default gateway ends in a 1, you might try using that as the first number in the ip (i.e. 101). that' how I have mine setup. do that for both the ps3 and the pc, and make sure the ip is different on each of them.

6. 128
    TinyInkognegroT

TinyInkognegroT Member

okay my mom brought her ethernet cable over here to me. My laptop connected via Ethernet to the internet just fine. When I plugged it to the PS3 the PS3 doesn't recognize it, so I assume the ethernet input on the PS3 doesn't work. Anybody else have any other suggestions to move these over 4GB ISO files to my system besides FTP or FTP over Wi-Fi?

7. 980
    umart666

umart666 Member

ntfs drive.you can buy 32/64gb usb 3.0 drive for dirt cheap these days,but i myself prefer 2,5" hdd sata/usb 3.0 encosures mainly because i have numerous 2,5" drives already,and in my area basic sata to usb 3.0 adapter cable is like 5-6 dollars.and ps3,psX and roms for retroarch can be run from NTFS hdd directly,only ps2 and psp iso's need to be on internal hdd.

but first i'd restore everything for the odd chance that somehow you've messed up the settings as i've personally never even heard of dead ps3 LAN and then try plugging only LAN (don't connect WLAN) on fresh restored and reflashed cfw and see if it connects to the net.

edit: you can ftp over wlan,but speeds are atrocious,as ps3's WLAN is mid '00s tech.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  8. 128
    TinyInkognegroT

TinyInkognegroT Member

NTFS is probably my best bet. The rest sounds like it requires things I don't have or ain't probably capable of. I have a formatted to FAT32 USB thumb drive, whats the difference between the thumb drive and the drive your describing to me ?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  9. 10,440
    pinky

the last things I can suggest are 1. - do what @umart666 suggested (something may be wrong with the xregistry, so rebuild it). to do this, select 'restore factory defaults" in the recovery menu. 2 - change to cex, then try it. 3 - reinstall/install new firmware.

10. 980
    umart666

umart666 Member

he said that he converted that ps3 back to cex and reflashed,i suspect that maybe he messed the settings up when trying to configure direct connection between ps3 and pc.best practice before diagnosing hardware problem is to restore and reflash,that way you're certain that you have clean system regarding software.

he could also turn off wlan and revert all network settings to default but again,best way to ensure that you're clean as possible.

11. 128
    TinyInkognegroT

TinyInkognegroT Member

Not really sure if I converted to CEX correctly. I just changed the settings to retail and CEX QA in Rebug Toolbox. I seen another option to flash it but I'm not familiar with how it works so I backed off of it. System info in Rebug Toolbox still says DEX. I did the restore to factory results once already. Should I covert to CEX then factory restore or vice versa ? Can you guys walk me through converting from DEX to CEX ?

P.s. My fiance is asleep right now, so I'll have to wait until in the morning before I can power on the noisy console lol we've experienced/witnessed about 42 Tornadoes and Severe Flooding in the last 72 hrs here in Oklahoma...kinda exhausted