PS3 «Tutorial» PS3 CELL B/E Thermal Dissipation without removing the IHS

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by Naked_Snake1995, Mar 19, 2019.

1. 5,973
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I know, but i was not suggesting to use a piece of rubber with the metal mesh, this depends of the tyre but i was mentioning tyres in general
    As example, in a tyre of an offroad bike there are "blocks" of rubber good enought in size to cut them
    With a tyre of an offroad car im not sure but probably it can be made too

Not sure... is needed to make some butchery to see if there is enought rubber in it :D

2. 5,973
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

@Cypher_CG89 i was reading again the tutorial, look at the size required for the mod, he didnt mentioned width/height but the thickness is something in between 3mm and 4 mm
    Is not bigger than a coin, and most tyres have the amount of rubber over the mesh, so my guess is it can be made with most tyres

The biggest problem i see is almost imposible to make a perfect flat cut at the first try... most probably is going to be needed to cut it several times to have 2 paralell and flat cuts
    And while doing this is reducing his thickness... there is a point where you ruined it and you have to start again :D

But i think this rubber material from tyres is better than the eraser btw, it resists a lot more and is going to maintain his dimensions better along time

jacobsson likes this.
  3. 1
    Mauro2424

Mauro2424 Forum Noob

I originally had about 20-25c difference between my CPU and RSX. CPU was running at 80c idle and RSX around 55c. Now they are both at 50c. This is incredible. Tnx you so much!! <3 (My Model is FAT CECHJ04 PAL)

jacobsson likes this.