Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

[Tutorial] [PS3HEN] The Great Ps3 HEN All in One Guide

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by Fin9ersMcGee, May 23, 2019.

1. 753
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Update using System Update on Xmb. Either way is fine, I just explain both for clarity.

Continue to install HFW. The install twice thing is more for old models using ps3xploit flash writer for CFW.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  2. 6
    retsopmi

retsopmi Forum Noob

Thanks for the reply. So I have Hen installed now, haven't enabled yet, is it still better to create a second account to enable hen from or does it really matter?

I have a PSN account with a ton of purchased games, that I plan on downloading without hen enabled, but for homebrew should I create a second account and work off that one?

3. 753
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Not strictly necessary as you can disable CFW syscalls which will mask you for online play (there is still no 100% gaurenteed way though).

This is a risk YOU choose to take or not.

Some 3rd party servers have much better detection than others... I think I read somewhere that Destiny will ban CFW accounts even when CFW syscalls are disabled...

I've played Bo2 Zombies online alot on my HEN ps3 with CFW syscalls disabled, and I'm not banned yet. That's my personal experience but others have been playing online with CFW much longer than I have.

Secondary account creation was a safety step with HAN (not HEN) as there was no way to mask the exploit. But there is with HEN.

I could go on about technicalities all morning.... But the answer will still be the same: Going online with CFW/HEN is a risk YOU take.

Algol likes this.
  4. 5
    rui2015

rui2015 Forum Noob

I have the same issue. I don't have my Dualshock 3 and I use an Afterglow Wireless Controller, so I can't access Safe mode.
    I have 4.84 OFW, and when I go to System Update and try to install 4.84.2 HFW from XMB, the Playstation 3 says that "The latest version of the system software is already installed" and that "There is no need to update".
    What can I do?

Model: Super Slim CECH-4004A 12GB

5. 1,425
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Can it be connected via USB to the PS3? This is what's required to access safe mode/recovery menu.

6. 5
    rui2015

rui2015 Forum Noob

No, that Afterglow Controller can't be connected via USB, only wireless with a dongle. I've tried all possible ways to press a "PS" button including PS Move, Dualshock 4, etc. but none of these have worked.

Edit: I've read somewhere else that I need an official Dualshock 3 to enter Safe Mode, so I don't think I can access Safe Mode.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  7. 1,425
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Seems like you need an official DS3 pad in order to enter safe mode. I wonder if there's another way around it? @Cypher_CG89 @sandungas any ideas?

8. 2,838
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    As far as I know you need a DS3 to use Safe Mode. I tried once to see if my Giotech GC-2 which uses the PS3's BT, no dongle needed, won't even operate safe mode when it's connected to the PS3 via USB to charge. And it also sync's and connects the same way a DS3 does, just through the USB. I have to plug one of my DS3 controllers in to use it.

There is a sort of data handshake that the DS3 and PS3 do when connected to verify its a DS3 and not a third party controller, am assuming this is missing from 3rd party controllers> other than fakes most likely.

9. 5
    rui2015

rui2015 Forum Noob

Can't I just update my firmware from OFW to HFW without using Safe Mode? Like force update?

10. 21
    landonarias

landonarias Forum Noob

Hello, I have a question regarding HEN Update. I have HEN Enabled already but there's no "Hybrid Firmware Tools" on the XMB's Network Column. So I cannot either view which version of HEN am I on, or update HEN to latest version. So,

1. Is there any way to view which version of HEN on my system ? I have multiman running normally, if it helps ?

2. If I want to update by using USB, should I just copy the latest HEN pkg to the /packages folder on my flash drive and install as a normal pkg using XMB's Package Manager ?

Thanks for any help and if you need any further information just please let me know.​

11. 753
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Do you have any other Xmb mods installed? Possibly conflicting...

Yes, you can download the latest HEN pkg and install. HEN must be activated for the necessary flash partitions to be mounted. So just enable HEN, navigate package manager and installed

12. 21
    landonarias

landonarias Forum Noob

Not that I know of. I only have iris, webman, and mmcm. Okay I will give it a try tonight. Thanks a lot !

13. 6,078
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I remember a talk here in the forum where there was someone mentioning that he was able to enter recovery mode with a PS1 controller (from the original playstation before dualshock) using an usb adapter
    If i remember right it was working with other clone controllers too

But you need to buy the adapter anyway... so is not a complete solution
    And the adapter was a bit special (it had some leds and stuff inside that was cheating the PS3)

14. 5
    rui2015

rui2015 Forum Noob

So there is no way I can update my PS3 to HFW, is that right?

15. 6,078
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I dont know other way, you need a controller compatible to pass that screen with the "press PS button"

Edit:
    Btw, the "navigation controller" (you know, the brother of the move controller) is pretty much a dualshock 3 where some buttons was ripped off
    I never tryed it, but i guess it should pass that screen with the "press PS button"
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Move_Navigation_Controller

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  16. 5
    rui2015

rui2015 Forum Noob

I don't have that Navigation Controller anyway. I will talk with my friends who own PS3 and will ask them if I can use their controller.
    Thanks

17. 25
    RumpyTrumpy

RumpyTrumpy Forum Noob

Feasting On Poontangs
    Damn!

What a simple and straight-forward thread! Kudos to ya, my brother. This is how stuff should be!
    Had been using HAN for a long time, with HEN, will finally be able to play my backup of games (ISOs directly) and give some rest to the BD.

Quick question : I had converted a lot of my ISOs (my personal backups done using PC) to PKGs and installed them. If I update and install the OFW that is required to install HEN, will I lose all my previous data and games ? (The conversion process was a real b!tch.)

Also, would you recommend me a clean install or just over my previous HAN install ?

Respect, none the less!

DeViL303 likes this.
  18. 6
    retsopmi

retsopmi Forum Noob

Is there a guide on here to the CFW blocking? I found a random guide online but would rather get the info from here if possible.

19. 753
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    No guide needed really...

Couple ways to achieve this. Install WebMAN mod, then when you would like to sign in online, tap triangle+R2 on controller and your Ps3 will beep once and will get a notification saying CFW syscalls have been deleted.

You can also use PSNPatch. Install, start and follow onscreen instructions to disable CFW syscalls.

Remember that once CFW syscalls have been disabled, homebrew will stop functioning until you restart you Ps3. So if your playing a backup, mount that before disabling CFW syscalls

Algol likes this.
  20. 2
    BifurcatingMachineElf

BifurcatingMachineElf Forum Noob

Okay, thank you! I thought i no longer had a DualShock 3 but I managed to dig an old one up, and I have everything up and running just fine.

Fin9ersMcGee likes this.