Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

[Tutorial] [PS3HEN] The Great Ps3 HEN All in One Guide

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by Fin9ersMcGee, May 23, 2019.

1. 630
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Plugin loading loads from 3 locations in a specific order.

USB root
    HDD root
    *can't remember*

So when you install webman mod, it is also editing the boot_plugins.txt located on the HDD. So when you enable HEN, its loading the bootplugins txt from your HDD.

It's totally up to you where you want to load plugins from.
    Just edit the txt accordingly

AndyC3 likes this.
  2. 162
    SteveGW

SteveGW Member

Thanks for the awesome guide for installing PS3hen on my 4003 superslim.
    May I point out some areas I had to change, to get it to work correctly.

Part Two - HEN Installation, Enabling and Updating

HAN SUPPORT FILES TAB.
    Should read as below, as its all underscores in post. (the forum seems to automatically underline links).
    "han_installer"
    ( minus the " )

HEN INSTALLATION TAB.
    Should read as below, as its all underscores in post. (the forum seems to automatically underline links).
    "han_flash_mount"
    ( minus the ")

Part Three - Homebrew
    WEBMAN MOD TAB:

you state in guide:
    2. Copy 'webMAN_MOD_1.47.20_Installer.pkg' to the packages folder on your USB flash drive.

then:
    4. Navigate to 'Game/Package Manager/Install Package Files/Standard'
    (standard points to root on usb device, not the packages folder)

where it should be:

4: 4. Navigate to 'Game/Package Manager/Install Package Files/Package Folder"

Thanks in advance once again, for awesome guide, now I just have to figure out installing .pkg files.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  3. 630
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    @Joonie looking forward to the next HEN update. I heard from the grapevine there's more tasty features cooking :)

Joonie likes this.
  4. 630
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Thank you for pointing these out.

The first 2 ("han_installer" and "han_flas_mount") do have underscores. The problem is that web links are posted, they are automatically underlined, so you can't tell that they are underscores. But they are definitely there, as web addresses can't contain spaces...

The 3rd one your absolutely right, I will correct this mistake :)

5. 2
    Bat_Fury

Bat_Fury Forum Noob

Hello ! First, thank you for this Jailbreak and this guide. I wanna know if i made a mistake , before i continue the installation.
    I did the Han and Hen exploit on my Ultra Slim and everything is fine. But i realise in the part One : 3- Act/Idps of this guide, I logged and activated my PS3 with the PSN account i also use on my legit PS4 that i play online... Is there any problem with it ?
    I won't use any online game with my PS3, only retro gaming, and PS2,PS3, PSN games. What can i do if i made the mistake ?
    sorry for my english and thanks in advance !

6. 630
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    If your not playing online, then I think your safe.
    But always bare in mind, its a risk you take.

7. 2
    Bat_Fury

Bat_Fury Forum Noob

@Fin9ersMcGee Thank you very much for the quick answer.
    To avoid any risk ( I am scared to be banned and lose my PS4 games, to be honest) , can I install the ofw 4.84 again and start again with a new PSN account i just made and follow the guide, like a fresh install or it's too late ? thank you again

Fin9ersMcGee likes this.
  8. 162
    SteveGW

SteveGW Member

Ok so I got PS3Hen to work, everthing was there and working as should.
    I installed it because, I've and extensive PS3 and PS2 collection of games on disk, that I own, that i want to install the best of onto the PS3 HD.
    None of the instructions in the guide on the 1st page work for PS2/PS3 iso creation or backup or even installing or playing. Every where is full of guides on how to do stuff in relation to making backups of my games, but nothing works with PS3Hen.
    For gods sake, can nobody make any of this simple, I really dont want to be reading million of guides to do anything with this.
    A straight forward "How to make PS2/PS3 backups and play them with PS3Hen on superslim PS3 console", guide wouldnt go amiss.
    Until then I've reverted back, Ive spent many hours trying to figure out how to install my official backups but none work.
    The PS3 is too slow at backing up and the home brew offered, is so damn complicated to use and a nightmare to find any manual or how toos on.
    Most backups I tried were done via my PC using known working software and guides.
    But getting these installed and working on PS3 with PS3Hen seems to be a mystery none know how to complete.
    Yes, I was able to use USB and FTP for transferring files to PS3 no problem, but getting anyhting to work with a licence is a nightmare. There are no guides I can find.!
    I've just reinstalled official firmware again. Need a break, I havent showered in 2 days..

And just a note, I've a fully working PSvita, with all my games backed up and installed. Can PS3hen not be as simple as PSvita? hacks?
    I've also got an original xbox, with modchip..And none of above consoles are as complicated and bewildering as the PS3 scene.

And if anyone could please guide me to simple guides on doing my PS2/.PS3 backups id appreciate it. Thanks.

Its all good and fine releasing all these wonderful new hacks like PS3hen, but what good are they really if they are head frying to try and get anything done with.
    We/I need more information please.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  9. 1
    TheBlackHat

TheBlackHat Forum Noob

Amazing tutorial! Thanks XXD

sandungas and Fin9ersMcGee like this.
  10. 162
    SteveGW

SteveGW Member

In regards to:

If you followed my guide from the beginning (which you should have) you will have your ACT.dat and IDPS.hex in the correct place when you activated your system.

{I have checked and triple checked all previous entries in this guide, there is no other mention of creating ACT.dat and IDPS.hex and placing them in a correct place.}
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Acquire your PSN content RAP file

And where do I acquire my PSN content RAP file.? There is no other mention of this either..

Thanks

11. 162
    SteveGW

SteveGW Member

In regards to PS3Hen 2.1.1

CHANGELOG v2.1.1 - PSNPatch is fixed, no more freezing from syscall removal - Remap for HFW_settings is now fully protected, no more disappearing HFW tools - Stability patches added on initial boot process - HEN check added to verify if HEN enabled, and to prevent freezin - Improved games compatibility -

Does PSNPatch have to be installed separate? I cant find an up to date version designed for PS3Hen. Most available are years old.

In regards to HEN check, where is this shown? If you click on HEN enable again by mistake or if you forgot you activated it already the console hangs up and has to be force switched off via unplugging. Should it not show some where its enabled?

As for improved games compatibility, I cant for the love of me get any games to work.. (which I think is in relation to ACT.dat and IDPS.hex and RAP files (creating them and placing them). Can someone not come up with an option that these are automatically placed within console on activation of PS3Hen? so that when we are backing up our games these are automatically added. Or if installing RAP files from acquired games that this is automatically done?> Because for the love of me I cant find how to do this anywhere.

12. 3
    Michael Cray

Michael Cray Forum Noob

hello... also new to PS3HEN... i followed every steps on the first page... working fine... only this... i don't know where to acquire my ACT.dat and IDPS.hex... and ALSO where do i delete the RAP files? the one i copy in USB exdata ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Once your game PKG is installed and your RAP is in the correct location start your game.
    Your game will automatically be activated on first boot.

You can delete any RAPs once activation is complete
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. 3
    Michael Cray

Michael Cray Forum Noob

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can use any FPT client you prefer. But I use Filezilla.
    You can setup Filezilla using THIS guide for best results.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and also i cannot click the THIS links... can you share what host/ip, port, username, password, going to use in FTP???

14. 169
    montcer

montcer Member

Hello!

It is nice to see HEN evolving.

I have a doubt, a PKG game can be extracted in Windows, and then place its content in the GAME folder within the PS3 through a FTP connection? My doubt comes because I think some PKG make modifications in the PS3 system, like a installation can do in Windows.

Of course I am not sure what I am talking about, but I just wanted to be sure if I can transfer my backups safely without worrying of the PKG instructions.

15. 630
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    All the devs here put a ton of effort to get HEN working. They did something no one else could do for super slim/non cfw slim owners.
    Programming for the ps3 ain't like programming for other hardware. There's no documention, help from Sony, hell if all the info was laid bare by Sony, then this wouldnt be a Homebrew Enabler, it would be full custom firmware.

You should use a PC for now when ripping ps1 or ps2 discs as this isn't compatible yet.
    Ps3 disc ripping works absolutely fine. That part of the guide is correct.

When you activate your Ps3, act.dat and idps.hex are created in the right place.
    You don't need to do anything more.

I won't discuss RAPs any further as this is piracy.

Yes, this is what happens when you start your game. The RAP is used to activate your game.
    Once RAP is used, it can be deleted from usb as its not needed anymore.

FOLLOW EVERY STEP OF THE GUIDE!!
    If you had followed every step. Then activation would have created act and idps for you. Nothing more needs to be done after this.

My bad, will edit in just a moment.

Hmmm... I think technically yes.
    Pkgs are just noob friendly and easy to understand.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    DeViL303, SteveGW and Algol like this.
  16. 162
    SteveGW

SteveGW Member

I thoroughly agree with you and the work is much appreciated by many and your effort in creating these guides makes it possible for some of us to try homebrew on our PS3s..

Thanks

Fin9ersMcGee likes this.
  17. 162
    SteveGW

SteveGW Member

@Fin9ersMcGee

So this evening i decided to try and reinstall PS3Hen, I noticed on another website that there where 2 new updates to 2 of the homebrew file managers. "webMAN_Mod & multiMAN"

webMAN_MOD_1.47.21_Installer.pkg.384.v1.47.21

(guide version webMAN_MOD_1.47.20.henfix_Installer)

&

Unofficial_multiMAN_04.84.00_BASE_(20190528)_[PS3HEN]_fix-info.pkg.453.v4.84_HEN

(guide version multiMAN_04.82.00_BASE_(20190528)_[PS3HEN)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What I did this time: (official firmware installed)

In PS3 safe mode this time I did a option 5 "restore ps3 system"

I then setup the Ps3 options (language HDMI etc) and entered my PSN user details and activated console for games.

I then installed HFW_4.84.2_PS3UPDAT_03_22_2019 (two times, each time activating console for games)

I then opened ps3 browser and deleted cookies, cache and web history. Set homepage to blank.

I also set PS3 browser option start/tool/confirm browser close/off (turns off annoying press circle to close browser every time i activate HEN), now when HEN activated console returns to XMB.

I then followed The Great PS3HEN AIO Guide Part Two - HEN Installation, Enabling and Updating

I enabled HEN:
    I then installed (from USB/Packages) webMAN_MOD_1.47.21_Installer.pkg.384.v1.47.21 , held down F1 and then pressed triangle and selected start.

rebooted console.

activated HEN:
    I then installed (from USB/Packages) Unofficial_multiMAN_04.84.00_BASE_(20190528)_[PS3HEN]_fix-info.pkg.453.v4.84_HEN

rebooted console

activated HEN:
    I then installed (from USB/Packages) IRISMAN_4.84.5_PS3HEN

rebooted console

activated HEN:
    I then Installed (from USB/Packages) ManaGunz_v.1.35-J.pkg.896.v1.35-J

rebooted console.

I started up IRISHMAN did the change to 'With BDVD Controller' as this guide suggests.

console rebooted

activated HEN, started Irishman, inserted my PS3 game and choose 'Build ISO' from menu.

and you'll never believe it, this time it worked, my game runs from HD now..

Ive no idea why it didnt work before, but maybe the updates to webman and mutliman fixed my problems. Ayes a happy modder now :)

PS3 Superslim 4003 series 500GB

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Algol likes this.
  18. 630
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Guide versions of multiman and irisman were updated yesterday I think... Or day before... But the links were updated then

Algol likes this.
  19. 88
    soufian elamriti

soufian elamriti Member

iam stuck at at this part white screen and enable han and mounting flash....
    nothing is happening what do i do just wait ??
    ps3 slim cech 3004a

http://www.ps3xploit.com/hen/blind/han_flash_mount.html < gives me white screen
    and on top it says Enabling HAN & mounting flash...

nothing is happening !??

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  20. 162
    SteveGW

SteveGW Member

Ensure you have completed all previous steps correctly. If so..

Clear browser cookies, cache, close browser, restart browser and try same again..