Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

[Tutorial] [PS3HEN] The Great Ps3 HEN All in One Guide

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by Fin9ersMcGee, May 23, 2019.

1. 158
    montcer

montcer Member

Thanks for the suggestion! But it doesn't work :(

But is not big deal, the USB stick method is already a BIG improvement if we compare the previous HAN method, hahaha.

2. 3
    Shellz

Shellz Forum Noob

Excellent guide (again) Fin9ers McGee. Cheers to you and all the Dev's for the amazing progress with HAN/HEN. Just got a few questions, thing's you might be able to bring a bit of clarity to.

I had initially applied the HEN over my 4.82 OFW HAN install and it was working fine only I ran into a problem wherein all of the games I had backed up onto the PS3 via HAN>Package Manager were stored in 'game' folder and so none of the backup managers were able to find my games. I didn't really want to update to 4.84 because of losing the ability to downgrade but realize it makes no difference now that the exploit works on 4.84..

Anyway. I tried moving the games from 'game' to 'GAMES' folder via ftp, and also by the backup managers but it just caused them to become greyed out and unresponsive. So I decided to start fresh, formatted and followed the whole process (twice as didn't realize formatting would nullify the console activation).

Long story short. Ive got everything up and running. Copied a few ISO's to the PS3 and scanned them in and they run fine, but pkg's still get installed to 'game' folder using package manager, and don't seem to do anything if I use backup managers to install pkg's. If I try to move them to the 'GAMES' folder the same thing happens as before. I'm wondering if there is a best/cleanest method to all of this. On HAN I could browse all of my games in the XMB in one folder and easily launch from there with less steps than using backup managers etc. I realize I could still have it this way by always using pkg's to install but prefer to use ISO format as your guide states.

Do you have any advice or best methods for good organization or best operation/compatibility?

Thanks again for the excellent work!

3. 567
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    PKGs are just like PSN content. The only difference is we make the PKGs ourselves using conversion methods.
    The 'GAMES' folder is for disc games that have been converted to 'JB' Folder format. But this is adviced against as compatibility for 'JB' is lower than ISO.

Basically, any PKGs from PSN or one's you have made yourself will be installed to the XMB under Game.
    ISOs can only be mounted through backup managers (I think....)

One piece of homebrew you may benefit from is webMAN MOD.
    This plugin will bring ISO mounting (among many more features) to the XMB and you won't have to start a backup launcher each time to mount your ISOs.

Another one (this one is PC software) is PSN Liberator. It can take your PSN content and convert it to JB or ISO formats. This is the opposite to what you wanted, but, in conjunction with webMAN MOD, you'll be able to load your backups all from one place on the XMB.

pinky and Algol like this.
  4. 40
    AndyC3

AndyC3 Forum Noob

Since the Great Guide contains instructions for creating ISO from discs, I have a related question... sorry if this is a dumb question, I just never tried this before :)

If I already have game data (i.e. progress/saves and player-created stuff like RPG characters or Minecraft worlds etc.) in my PS3, and then I use multiMAN or IrisMAN to create an ISO of such game from the original disc, in order to play the game from said ISO without the disc... do I still have all the game data, or is it lost?

My purpose is to mainly make some of our games load faster, and secondarily to avoid disc wear and to prolong the life of the BluRay player, but if I lose my kids' custom stuff in those games they're gonna kill me...

Algol likes this.
  5. 567
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    You should be fine. Game data such as saves stored on the console will be picked up by the ISO.
    It's basically emulating the disc. As if it was physically in the BD.

The only time it wouldn't work is if you had conflicting regions. E.G. USA game data but using a EUR disc backup

Algol and AndyC3 like this.
  6. 40
    AndyC3

AndyC3 Forum Noob

Thanks! I seriously doubt I will have conflicting regions, since I am backing up my own discs :)

Fin9ersMcGee likes this.
  7. 1
    loikoz

loikoz Forum Noob

Everything went smoothly I did method 1 for HEN and I didnt realise next step was just another method and I did everything in it until I needed to install the package because I was getting error 8001003A when installing the package and the error seems to pop up at 24%

I feel like a dumbass should I be concerned and try to fix the problem with method 2 by finding a solution to error or should move on to step 3: enabling HEN because I already did method 1

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  8. 1
    xristos

xristos Forum Noob

This is the best....finally got a solution.
    you guyz are the best...followed thru and it all worked.!
    Thank u soo much....
    #SuperSlim:eagerness:

9. 5
    Bl4ckH4nd

Bl4ckH4nd Member

Thanks for the great guide, much appreciated.

Just a bit of info on my personal experience. If you're gonna use Multiman and Webman Mod, make sure to use Webman 1.47.20, if you use a newer version it will break Multiman and crash the console when you launch it.

With regards to PS2 games (main reason I installed HEN) Multiman and ManaGunz can't read the ISO.BIN.ENC files, so far only Webman could mount them and then launch with PS2 Classics Placeholder.I don't know if other managers can read them but so far for me, only Webman can. I now have Webman 1.47.20 and can launch Multiman without issue.

Fin9ersMcGee and Algol like this.
  10. 567
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Webman mod is currently at 1.47.22 now, with beta releases also. Keep an eye on aldostools github page for more updates.

11. 1
    encol

encol Forum Noob

Hi all,
    unfortunately I read this fantastic guide too late and i exploited with HEN without activating my PS3 (part one - step 3) :sang banghead:
    There's something i can do now to activate or is everything lost?:cower:

12. 42
    ElvisTek

ElvisTek Member

Thank you for the tutorial, i have a question about HAN and HEN, i can still install and use HAN the same way as before or HEN is the new HAN or what i do? HAN is still updated?
    I mean HAN changes the minimum in the console but HEN looks a lot more complex but with a lot more of features, i just wanna play with the minimum ban risk.

13. 567
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    I'm not 100% on this one....
    But if you reboot your Ps3 and DON'T ENABLE HEN before activating your console... But I'm not 100%....

Disabling cfw syscalls may help if you enable HEN before activating. But I'm not sure of this either.

I honestly don't like running the risk. My ps3 doesn't go online at all (except for game updates but I don't need to sign in for those)

HAN brought psn/pkg based stuff. But HEN enables the use of proper homebrew.

There's no guarantee you will not get banned. We can minimise risk by disabling cfw syscalls before going online.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Algol and encol like this.
  14. 2
    Usman Pirzada

Usman Pirzada Forum Noob

i have installed hen it is working now i want to update it it is not updating and i dont have any folder as Hybrid Firmware Tools plz help

15. 567
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    You do. Enable HEN and HFW Tools in under the network catagory

16. 4
    Dirk Haasnoot

Dirk Haasnoot Forum Noob

It Doesnt Matter What PS3 I Have? Every model works with this? And Will This Work Online With Certain Methods Like Ninja?

17. 42
    ElvisTek

ElvisTek Member

Thank you very much for your answer, im gonna stick with HAN, i just wanna play some games that
    even aren't sold in psn anymore.

18. 567
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    If you already have HAN with working pkg content, then you have activated your system already

ElvisTek likes this.
  19. 40
    AndyC3

AndyC3 Forum Noob

Hello @Fin9ersMcGee, can you clarify in the guide when it is necessary to be signed-in to PSN and when you should rather NOT be signed-in to avoid a chance of ban?

Also, the old HAN guide suggested to create a second "throwaway" PSN account to use (so that if it gets banned, it won't damage your primary PSN account). Is this still valid for HEN?

In my case, I have been signed-in to my throwaway PSN account while installing HEN, as I thought being signed-in was necessary for HEN to install properly, but is it really? Otherwise, I do not sign-in to PSN when enabling HEN.

20. 567
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    The thing with HAN is that we had no way of masking "cfw". So using a secondary account was a way of hiding your main psn account from that. So your psn account isn't linked to your "HAN'D" console.

With HEN we can mask our "cfw" activity by disabling cfw syscalls before logging into PSN. So, theres another slight layer of protection against bans (but not 100% safe as we don't know fully the banning process sony uses)

I will add this to my guide at some point.

But the basic procedure for going online is:

Boot console.
    Enable HEN.
    Mount the game you want to play.
    Disable CFW syscalls (webMAN MOD has a button combo for this :but tri:+:but r2:)
    Boot your game.
    Play online.
    ???
    Profit.

AndyC3 likes this.