Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

[Tutorial] [PS3HEN] The Great Ps3 HEN All in One Guide

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by Fin9ersMcGee, May 23, 2019.

1. 21
    NathanHale

NathanHale Forum Noob

Maybe the PSP Launcher Placeholer should be activated with a RAP file?? If yes, where can I find that rap file? thank you mates

2. 40
    AndyC3

AndyC3 Forum Noob

So you can actually now install HAN+HEN just with a click from the browser? :D

Fin9ersMcGee likes this.
  3. 742
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    I don't think you need a RAP for PSP Launcher... At least I never had to use one...

4. 545
    ShaolinAssassin

ShaolinAssassin Developer

Me neither.

Maybe you could recommand PSP Launcher Fixed [jjkkyu] & PSP Remasters Launcher Fixed [jjkkyu] as a pair fot Remasters and Minins method in your guide, as these ones can be both installed at same time on hdd (some launchers can't coexist, since they have the same ID).

Algol and Fin9ersMcGee like this.
  5. 742
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    I was meaning to get around to this but didn't know which ones had the same title IDs.
    Very busy today, long drive to a gig soon.

ShaolinAssassin likes this.
  6. 2
    Barto

Barto Forum Noob

Hello!
    So, I'm currently trying to mod my PS3 CECH-2504B and I'm confused...
    I'm stuck at 1.2 - HFW.
    I followed the guide very closely, however it seems like I'm stuck. I'm trying to install the HFW from XMB since my Dualshock 4 controller won't work in recovery mode.
    The update starts fine, finishes the first part, but then reboots the console about halfway through without any changes.
    Multiple tries did not seem to go past this issue.
    Any ideas?

7. 588
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

Not an issue, as long as you don't get a message saying the update isn't necessary then it should have installed fine. Easy way to check is by trying one of the exploits from http://ps3xploit.com in the browser.

If you can't get it installed from the XMB you will need to find an original DS3 controller and install it through the recovery menu. No other way at this time.

Algol likes this.
  8. 2
    Barto

Barto Forum Noob

Alright, so I've got SOME progress. I went onto the ps3xploit hen installer website - it started downloading a .p3t file; then, the site said "Enabling HEN", after which it opened a prompt if I want to close the browser, and now my console's frozen and I'm too scared to reboot it :>. Should I just do it and try again or am I out of luck?

9. 588
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

Yeah the freezing is a known issue, just keep trying until it works. The good news is you're on HFW, so just keep trying :)

10. 3
    Mane23

Mane23 Forum Noob

So I have a small question: Before, on HEN 2.11 I was able to install PKGs just fine in order to test them out, those being games and backups. However, upon updating to 2.21, now all new PKGs (not old ones) that I install locally only will go up to the game icon (it appears as installed and with icon and all), I press start and the only thing I see is...a black screen all of a sudden. Why?

That being said, I haven't activated ACT/IDPS nor put any RAP files on exdata folders before, so all these changes just occurred now which leave me kind of confused. Homebrew on the other hand (checked upon installing WebMAN MOD) seems to work fine and I can install new ones without issue. Any explanation for this?

11. 21
    NathanHale

NathanHale Forum Noob

Well, today I also tried the PS2 placeholder, and I've the same problem (more or less) of the PSP placeholder: it says that copyright infos aren't valid (I had the RAP file in exdata folder in my usb stick when I installed the PKG).

I'm out of ideas....

My PS3 doesn't have a PSN account right now (only a regular offline profile), maybe is this the problem with both PSP and PS2 placeholders?

Fin9ersMcGee likes this.
  12. 11,927
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

can't activate licenses without activating your profile, so you need to sign in.

13. 21
    NathanHale

NathanHale Forum Noob

Is there a "liberated" version of these PKGs? I prefer to avoid adding a PSN account.

14. 742
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Just create a new psn account. So that you don't use your OG account

NathanHale likes this.
  15. 3
    Mane23

Mane23 Forum Noob

After going back and forth with a few things here and there I did noticed that the games giving me black screen were probably bad dumps or something else. As I installed another backup on .pkg and this didn't give much trouble, hmm....interesting. Well no problem now

16. 21
    NathanHale

NathanHale Forum Noob

Eh the problem is that with one of my ps3 I just can't..... I don't know why but it is not able to complete the signup process nor the login. I think that there is some sort of hardware ban, I bought it second hand with that problem long time ago.

Well, I think that I'll give up with PSP and PS2 emulation. At least I can run "liberated" PSNetwork games anyway.

17. 11,927
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

the only way to avoid licensing is to use the rap/rif to decrypt the game and resign it. every update must be fixed too. you need the activation key regardless, so it's pointless. for that reason, fixes are shit.

18. 3
    Mane23

Mane23 Forum Noob

Last post here, Solved! so the issue was that I didn't copy-paste the .rafs on its respective exdata inside the drive of my PS3, all I did was copy and paste that and then they worked! (also copy and pasted the PKG just to make extra sure) after some research, I discovered that there were games license-free of rafs and those that required them on exdata, the games that worked on me were license-free while the ones that did not required .raf files for authentication. Perhaps a little footnote could be added on the tutorial?

19. 742
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    I left that part of the guide kinda brief due to the nature of PSN content. It's not really something that's legit..

20. 173
    montcer

montcer Member

Thanks for the suggestion! But it doesn't work :(

But is not big deal, the USB stick method is already a BIG improvement if we compare the previous HAN method, hahaha.