PS3 4.85 CFW & PS3HEN (Homebrew / Tools / CFW Releases / PS3HEN Updates)

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Aug 28, 2019.

1. 163
    DADi590

DADi590 Formely known as fkd

ERROR
    Home Page:
    You must install HFW 4.85 and jailbreak the PS3 again (and install CFW after that, of course). Try through Safe Mode - recommended way of installing updates.

2. 19
    PGastfld

PGastfld Forum Noob

Sweet! I'll give that a shot while I'm waiting for the full CFW to be released. I'm hoping rebug comes out with something very very soon. I really like the layout and how in-depth the capabilities are.

Remigio likes this.
  3. 163
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    While that doesn't happen, you can install Overflow and go back to 4.84 if you prefer to have CFW while you wait. Rebug will only release a new version when/if the DECR (right?) Firmware providers give them the firmware for them to make REX/D-REX. Actually, now that I think on it, they can make a Lite version in the meanwhile. Depends if they have time. Do what you prefer with these options that came to my mind - or the one to wait, of course --> or any other that comes to your mind.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2019
    PGastfld likes this.
  4. 19
    PGastfld

PGastfld Forum Noob

my guess is that one of these will do the trick for getting it to where I can reinstall 4.84?
    obviously not the broken system ones but I'm wondering if I should use v1, v2, or v5 for this task? v5 looks like the right one but I figure it is better to ask someone who knows a little more than myself...
    also, THANK YOU EXTREME AMOUNTS for your swift response to all of my posts. I don't know how to rate you but you get a 5 out of 5 gold star rating from me thus far.

Attached Files:

5. 163
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    That part I'm not sure if a non-COBRA would be right for the thing. Never tried mixing both. Anyways, the cobraCEX v5 will do it just fine. Then follow tutorials on YouTube to downgrade to 4.84 (it's easy, it's just install a PKG to enable QA Flag and then you can install Rebug 4.84 back).
    you're very welcome! I don't think there is such a thing here, but there would be no need at least for me haha

PGastfld likes this.
  6. 19
    PGastfld

PGastfld Forum Noob

on-the-fly thought...
    Will this allow it to boot from the CFW drive once I get it back to 4.84 given I haven't wiped it or killed it and it was 4.84 when I tried my stupid trick?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  7. 163
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    If the system only checks for console permanent things and not randon things generated each install, I think it should work. Just be sure to have the exact same CFW ou had before. Though, I have no idea if the system will work right or not. If you try, say here if it worked or not? Got curious about it!

8. 19
    PGastfld

PGastfld Forum Noob

For sure! I'm working on it right now. updates to come as soon as it is sorted out.

9. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Note: First post has seen a few additions today

CFW-Us3r and PGastfld like this.
  10. 19
    PGastfld

PGastfld Forum Noob

My console is a CECH-2001B by the way.
    UPDATE: System update with hfw in safe mode = 100% + reboot into another system update screen and another 100% + reboot followed by reboot into xmb. Attempts to install Overflow yield 8002F957 (data corrupted) error at 66% and having set it to shut down after update instead of reboot, it did so. Reboot comes up error that update couldn't be completed and asks if I want to try again. Trying from safe mode comes up corrupted data 8002F2C5. Still stuck on stock ofw. Just remembered I need to run the exploit. I'm too tired to do anymore tonight but I'll keep working on it as I'm able and update more as they come.

11. 6
    Zane Burko

Zane Burko Forum Noob

THIS FULLY MESSED UP MY PS3! I updated from HFW 4.84.2 to this 4.85.1 or whatever and when the update finished, my jailbreak went away. I also can't open any of my games either. Please I need help, it won't let me downgrade. I originally updated because it wouldn't let me sign into my PSN on an outdated software.

12. 163
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    But why on Earth would you update from CFW to HFW??? HFW is OFW!!! Now you need to wait until the Flash Writter gets released for you to jailbreak it again........

Filipe Santos and Remigio like this.
  13. 5,745
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Define "whatever" ? o_O

Coldheart2236 likes this.
  14. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Relax have a bit of understanding of what your doing and what your installing. Let that be today's lesson. Ask questions first not later but i know hindsight is always better.l,

Should of read all the warnings with 4.85.1 and should not of even updated yet, but since you have. Yes you installed 4.85.1 HFW which is just an OFW (with an exploit hole cleverly readded from 4.82) So yes it will reset your XMB and overwritten some files.
    You can restore it since sony did not patch HFW in 4.85, but some things still need to see some updates for support 4.85. Currently 4.84 still have a bit more functionality then 4.85 does until everything is updated from devs..

Would of been better to stay on 4.84.2 for a bit longer..

He did not mention CFW at all... if he was on 4.84.2 HFW then he would likely be a PS3HEN user. if he updated from a CFW to HFW then he would of been a CFW user. (where as we know a CFW user should just update to the higher CFW directly and not use HFW)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Coldheart2236, Algol and ramzidz15 like this.
  15. 163
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    Didn't mention CFW, but I'm getting that CFW part from where he says "my jailbreak went away". And I forgot about the part where he says "HFW 4.84.2". So I just confused myself. Unless he's calling HAN/HEN of jailbreak..............

STLcardsWS likes this.
  16. 6
    Remigio

Remigio Forum Noob

Same here man, same here...plus my ps3 discs wont read...ps1 and ps2 discs work just not my ps3 discs

17. 1
    nick the greek

nick the greek Forum Noob

:

The only reason that sony gives updates in ps3 is to stop cfw ps3s to get online because in most cases they are using mod menus in games

18. 1,374
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

19. 4
    ronss

ronss Forum Noob

hi there
    im a tech savy i've been jailbreaking ps3 for quite some time now (couple of years ago) with the hardware flash/dump back in the days., all this new hen thingy is all new to me.

from what i'm reading , HFW is a modified firmware which allow the ps3 to be exploited via the browser. HFW is equal to OFW but with modification to allow it to be exploited.

anywho , from the first post it says
    [QUOTE="STLcardsWS]
    "Note 2: After installing the Hybrid Firmware, you can then either install a 4.85 CFW afterwards or execute the PS3HEN exploit."[/QUOTE]
    from my understanding after this reading is after flashing the HFW u can pick w.e the CFW that u like (V4.85) and it will work.
    however when trying to update "Overflow_4.85_v1_standardCEX" i received a corrupt file error . which is NOT new to me since from my memory i do remember that u were not able to flash from ofw to cfw if u were not on 3.55 or 4.2x or if u did not "flash" the original dump (that u acquired via the hardware.)

do u mind to explain me and the other folks (readers) , how to jailbreak/ update CFW when i am on HFW 4.85

thanks.

20. 766
    Zar

Zar Developer

@STLcardsWS Are you sure ? Why am I having trouble to install DB HFW then if we can install a CFW over a simple HFW ... i don't understand ...

STLcardsWS likes this.