PS3 4.85 CFW & PS3HEN (Homebrew / Tools / CFW Releases / PS3HEN Updates)

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Aug 28, 2019.

1. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

ODE = A hardware device that is obsolete, brought some homebrew and digital backup support for nonCFW models of PS3 models.
    Companies that sold these never supported them well quick money grabs and Sony restricted them on OPW with patches.

HAN = A hack that was for nonCFW ps3 models, this hack unlocked the internal PS1/PS2/PSP emulators and allowed for some gameplay and also some homebrew from those platforms through emulation. Like retro emulators, Also some games could be converted from disc to digital backups. PS3HEN has essentially replaced HAN. HAN offered no PS3 Homebrew and was very limited, but useful at the time we just have better.

CFW = This is the king of exploits if you have a PS3 model capable of running CFW. You should use CFW there is no debate about it.

HEN = Unlike CFW PS3HEN can be installed on all ps3 models, while it can install on all models your not going to want to use it if your model can handle CFW, its those models that can not install CFW where PS3HEN is very useful. it contains many PS3 CFW features. not as feature rich but the main ones like PS3 homebrew Support and Digital Backup Support is there along with other features.

HFW = This a hybrid firmware. a small modification of OFW that cleverly restores the exploits in 4.82 that were patched in 4.83 , to become active again on 4.84 and now 4.85. Then from here you can choose to exploit with PS3HEN or CFW with the use of PS3Xploit Tools
    (4.85 needs updates of tools yet)

edit: I see someone beat me to it by a few but now you get two descriptions/. :)

2. 328
    Windows10User

Windows10User Member

Thanks. Maybe CFW is the more complete of them?

Thanks, I have CFW. And between Ferrox, Rebug and others which one should I choose? I have Rebug REX 4.84.2 installed.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    PGastfld likes this.
  3. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

REBUG is my choice.

Can be a simple CFW or can be an advanced one. (more advanced features can be toggled in the Rebug Toolbox)

Windows10User and Coldheart2236 like this.
  4. 1,243
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

No doubt about it. A PS3 with CFW, as STL already described, is indeed the king of exploits; it trumps HEN as it has a lot more features and gives much more freedom to the user. With CFW installed, you can totally ignore anything to do with HEN or the now obsolete HAN exploits.

Windows10User likes this.
  5. 1,243
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

I used Ferrox Cobra for the best part of a year before moving over to Rebug, which I've used ever since. Rebug is by far the CFW with the most features, which is why it's by far the most popular CFW in the scene. Ferrox is great, but is a more 'standard' CFW compared to Rebug.

6. 328
    Windows10User

Windows10User Member

Thanks, but if I want to access the PSN on Rebug REX 4.84.2 should I use SEN Enabler (never installed it) before accessing the PSN since I'm prompted to install OFW 4.85 and supposedly SEN Enabler circumvents this OFW install prompt? I've never installed SEN Enabler and I've been using PSN Patch's L3 + R3 + R2 button combination before accessing the PSN (I installed PSN Patch's plugin).

Also, between PSN Patch and SEN Enabler which one is better at preventing a ban?

I initially used Ferrox but switched over to Rebug. Another question, should I keep using PSN Patch (its plugin) or should I use SEN Enabler (never installed it)? I can't access PSN with the first until a new Rebug version is released unlike with the latter. Which one could get me banned more easily?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  7. 6
    Zane Burko

Zane Burko Forum Noob

why you being so rude?

8. 6
    Zane Burko

Zane Burko Forum Noob

thanks for your help

9. 1,243
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Pretty sure it was meant as a joke lol... It's like asking 'how long is a piece of string?' since there is no straight answer to it. :)
    No problem. I'd definitely recommend Rebug 4.84.2 REX as that's the latest available version, which I and many others on the forum use.

Remigio and PGastfld like this.
  10. 19
    PGastfld

PGastfld Forum Noob

Just a heads up... Sony IS ACCOUNT BANNING for "pirated software" so WATCH OUT! I don't actually have any "pirated" software on the console so I'm not sure what they are calling "pirated software" other than the firmware mods. Either way, I just got an email from sony and am 100% sure on what I'm saying. This is why I mentioned the private servers in a previous post. (MY OPINION---->) We need these servers due to sony's flat out ignorance and powertripping. F%$# SONY! Fucking punk ass pieces of shit.(<---MY OPINION)

Remigio likes this.
  11. 40
    Dante45

Dante45 Member

Elderly Carer
    Thanks for the warn, so everyone who ever used such stuff should let the PS3 stay offline forever now? Or is it just a ban wave?

12. 19
    PGastfld

PGastfld Forum Noob

no clue but waking up to an email kinda made me upset and I figured it is something people would want to know about given some of the questions I've seen on forums and also heard while in-game playing online. Sony does a few different types of bans. I have not been console-banned yet but 3 accounts have been. I know they also do ip banning at times too, though I don't know what triggers an ip ban.

13. 328
    Windows10User

Windows10User Member

If I'm banned will I be able to install and use PKG (offline DLC and games, I mean) I already own as well as new one one the PS3? Do I need to have a PSN account (even if at the install PKG time I'm not logged) to be able to install and use PKG I already own as well as new one on the PS3, can I install and use DLC I already own as well as new one if I'm banned and if I'm banned and if I create another PSN account can I get away from the ban? And if I have a console ban?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  14. 11,936
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

you'll still be able to install things. account and system ban is usually what happens. they can't really prove that you pirated anything, so they lumped in "unauthorized software."

edit: btw, that's if you pirated anything.

15. 328
    Windows10User

Windows10User Member

So does that mean I'l be able to install and use DLC I downloaded from outside the PSN but not the one I bought from PS Store?

16. 11,936
    pinky

for store stuff, that's why reactpsn exists. if was intended for people who were banned. you need the act.dat, which requires signing into psn and activating your account, which you obviously can't do if you're banned.

Windows10User and PGastfld like this.
  17. 19
    PGastfld

PGastfld Forum Noob

PSN account is only needed for online stuff. An offline account is where you want to do all your jb work in my opinion. If your PSN account is banned, my experience is that everything gets all messed up and you can't use anything from it online even from other accounts. You can still play online with other accounts, just not that one. As for a console ban, the console cannot access the PSN regardless of what account is used. You can get around by, using ccapi if you are on cfw, changing the idps number to one that is not banned. You can find how-to's on this with little effort. Account ban is typically permanent, console ban is fixable. There are also some how-to's here on this site. just gotta look for them. :)

pinky and Windows10User like this.
  18. 11,936
    pinky

that's something I didn't do, 'cause I didn't think sony would catch me, especially if I never signed in. now, I have a separate psn account and everything for the ps3, vita/pstv, and ps4.

19. 328
    Windows10User

Windows10User Member

Do you think I can be banned if I use PSN Patch's L3 + R3 + R2 button combo before accessing PSN? At the time I can't acess PSN because a new Rebug version wasn't released yet but it looks like I can if I use SEN Enabler (I've never used it).

20. 11,936
    pinky

there's no telling. like I said, I never signed in, and I was somehow banned one day. I was taking precautions too, so I have no idea what I was banned for other than perhaps detecting multiman on my system. I bought a new system inside of idps, since my old system also had some weird problem.