PS3 4.85 CFW & PS3HEN (Homebrew / Tools / CFW Releases / PS3HEN Updates)

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Aug 28, 2019.

1. 4
    ronss

ronss Forum Noob

ur not the only one, i've mention the same quote ..

i am receiving file corrupt error , when trying to update Overflow_4.85_v1_standardCEX on HFW.

Zar likes this.
  2. 767
    Zar

Zar Developer

@ronss Do you have a system compatible with CFW ? It may gives you this message because you can't install a CFW on your system.

3. 77
    Xx_Tawwqeerr_xX

Xx_Tawwqeerr_xX Forum Noob

Hi I am having a problem with my muitiman isn’t loading anymore since I spoofed to 4.85 and a lot of other tools...?

4. 4
    ronss

ronss Forum Noob

i have a FAT CECHL on 4.85.
    as mention before i am on 4.85HFW , and from what i remmeber from the old days that u were not able to update a CFW if ur system was not on 3.55 or 4.2x or hardware flashed (to mimic 3.55).

perhaps this changed?
    were u able to update ur console from HFW to CFW right away ? with out any modification or any other steps ?
    if yes mind explaning how to do so ?

because im receiving 8002F2C5 (which it is expected)

what i tried to do is, installing HFW then right away CFW.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  5. 165
    DADi590

DADi590 Formely known as fkd

ERROR
    Home Page:
    Go watch some YouTube tutorials (decent ones, like MrMario's) or better than that, PSX-Place tutorials about it. Though, you have to wait, because you still can't jailbreak on 4.85. The Flash Writter has not been ported yet, and that's the jailbreaker - PLEASE check with MinVerChk if your minimum version is 3.56 or lower. If it's higher, DO NOT attempt to jailbreak it, or you'll brick the PS3.

6. 4
    ronss

ronss Forum Noob

that what i thought so. :)
    as mention i have a CECHL (FAT model) so it surelly less than 3.55

the admin as to change NOTE 2, since its not possible to flash CFW over HFW with out any modification.

cheers.

DADi590 likes this.
  7. 1,243
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

All fat models are compatible with CFW so your factory base firmware isn't an issue like it can be for slim model PS3s. However, since you're on 4.85, you'll have to wait for the flash writer to be updated as @fkd mentioned already. Sony didn't attempt to patch the exploits in 4.85, so it's really just a matter of waiting for tools to be updated.

I'm still on 4.84 CFW and I have no plans of updating at the moment since there is nothing to gain by doing so. It's always a good idea to be patient and wait to see what firmware updates contain, and then tools and homebrew to be ported if necessary before going ahead and updating.

Kier_1234657 and Thekiit like this.
  8. 6
    Zane Burko

Zane Burko Forum Noob

I'm not really an expert when it comes to jailbreaking though. I wasn't a Ps3 HEN user. I used rebug. But now there is no rebug. I'm just a little confused on what's my next step to get everything back to where it was. Do I need to re jailbreak my PS3? Do I need to wait until they fix the 4.85.1 update? I just don't understand. if I downloaded an HFW update, wouldn't it keep my jailbroken system but just update it? I just don't understand why everything is gone if I updated using a custom firmware and not a Sony update. I just need help

I don't know what to do

does that mean I need to re-jailbreak my ps3? also do you know or have any idea of when the flash writer will be released?

Just to have an idea of how I jailbroke or which version I used to jailbreak. I followed exactly everything on Mr. Marios jailbreak tutorial

Please if any of you know what to do can you please help me!

I'm sorry for sounding desperate and it is my fault for not reading the advisory. But i thought why would they put up a 4.85.1 update if it messes everything up. Like what's the point. I thought the update was a fix. It's very confusing

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2019
  9. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Opps,.. Yea that is not right at all.. My f&$^$% up there....
    lack of sleep writing stuff (is my excuse :) ) ... Thanks for spotting, might of gave a few user's headsaches but that is why there is always source links for things and information to the developer's post/ releases's.

You will have to Run the PS3Xploit Flash Writer tools (4.85) that will allow for flash writing, (thus CFW installs then work)

Its going to be the same process as it was in 4.82 OFW as HFW is essentially just like 4.82 OFW
    Then the same process it was on 4.84 HFW.

Will be the same process for 4.85

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Zar likes this.
  10. 6
    Zane Burko

Zane Burko Forum Noob

I thought I needed to update because when I was playing GTA V with my new mod menu, I had an endless loading page and the only option it would give me was story mode. But then when I deleted the update file for the mod menu, it allowed me to play in story mode but the mod menu didn't pop up. So I thought I maybe needed to sign in to psn but it wouldn't let me because I was on an outdated system and it wanted me to update. So I did exactly what my mind told me to do and looked up a HFW 4.85 update. And here we are after installing that update

11. 1,243
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

4.85 does not patch the existing exploit entry points at all, so it's just a matter of waiting for the flash writer to be ported to to accommodate the latest update.

12. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

We have an expert here. Today we learn what "Common Sense" is and also what an "Educated Guess" is

1.) There is called Spoofing for CFW. This allows lower CFW to connect to PSN

2,) New CFW can be made minutes after a firmware update comes (typically they come a bit later, because devs test things out before releasing)

Now an educated guess would suggest that firmware updates do not do anything like you said.

Oh here is some more common sense, Since 4.82 Hacks emerged, The PS3 has been wide OPEN for about 2 years and about a year where every single model has been open. So a firmware update that does nothing and cant even last 5 minutes for protection is what sony is doing to get mod menus off lol???. Then that's your reasoning for why they push updates...

Kids please let the grown ups make theories because well we actually base the stuff around facts :)

13. 6
    Zane Burko

Zane Burko Forum Noob

When you say a bit later, how much later are we talking? Days? Weeks? Months?

14. 6
    Remigio

Remigio Forum Noob

When will the 4.85 flasher be out?

15. 19
    PGastfld

PGastfld Forum Noob

Ok, so it seems that the answer is simple. Just wait for the full update and the flash writer to be released. Patience is a virtue and a good one at that. I updated my system only because i experiment with my console. I am also well aware that any mess-ups are entirely my fault. There are a couple things we (myself included) can do in this situation... 1. Be patient and wait for the coders/devs to release the needed tools/software or 2. Learn how to do this stuff yourself and write a new firmware. The first option is going to be the easiest while the second will produce highly interesting results otherwise. I have a number of tools and software's that i have been toying with but I am still on the uneducated side as well as noy having the right tech so i only do the minimal currently. I am, however, interested in finding a dev model so I can expand my learning and maybe be able to help more with this stuff in the future.

Remigio and Coldheart2236 like this.
  16. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

1,000,465,455,487:00 milliseconds give or take a few..

Then we will see X developer come up and make a release of a CFW.
    If you read my 4.85 news. i answered this exact question.

CFW-Us3r, PGastfld and Remigio like this.
  17. 1,243
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

It'll come when it comes, i.e. when it's been thoroughly tested by the devs that it's stable and ready for public release. The devs do this in their spare time, purely for the good of the community and so patience is the watch word here as you can't rush something important like this.

STLcardsWS, PGastfld and Remigio like this.
  18. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

After its Released. :)

Kier_1234657 and Remigio like this.
  19. 328
    Windows10User

Windows10User Member

What's the difference between HAN, CFW, HFW and HEN? Also, what's ODE?

20. 1,243
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

HAN = etHANol which is PS3Xploit 3.0. It has since been rendered obselete with the release of HEN.

CFW = Custom Firmware which fully replaces the entire system software of the PS3 with custom patches to unlock more features available to the end user.

HFW = Hybrid Firmware which is a slightly modified (and explotable) version of Sony's official system firmware. It includes, I believe, the silk_webkit.sprx file from 4.82 which allows the flash writer to modify the flash of the PS3 to allow the installation of CFW.

HEN = Homebrew Enabler which as the name implies, allows the installation and execution of homebrew by resigning applications to the 3.55 firmware version with the known private encryption keys which allows unofficial homebrew code to run as official code.

ODE = Optical Drive Emulator is a physical hardware device which emulates the BD drive of the PS3 to run homebrew, game backups and the like. I'm not familiar with them, but I think they're may be redundant at this point.

aldostools, VTSTech, PGastfld and 2 others like this.