Anonymous CFW 4.85 [Discussion]

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Louay, Sep 15, 2019.

1. 7,152
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    For repacking the PUPs have you got a fixed version of PUAD or are you doing it manually or with another tool? Normal public version of PUAD has issues with tar permissions and should not be used for repacking.

2. 1,571
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College Student,GAMING,REPAIRING,XMB Modder
    Home Page:
    i only use public version PUAD 1.5 but didn't notice a problem so what tool should i use ???
    • i have idea to unpack using MFW Builder do the patches by manual Hex Editing (So selecting no task in MFW Builder)
    • when everything is done repack again with MFW Builder
    !!! can this help solve tar permissions ?

3. 7,152
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    I don't know, I just have seen it posted a few times to only use PUAD for unpacking.

4. 9,002
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

I hate when people suggest they have Tested their CFW only to see various bugs on it.

What in the heck do you guys test? Not much ......

Ohh it didnt blow my PS3 up or brick it, must be a good CFW release? is this the length of testing?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  5. 1,100
    habib

habib Developer

Psp won’t work with puad, I think bd movie doesn’t work too(not sure), sometimes controller sync issues(limited to few consoles).
    So yeah.....using puad is super unstable.
    Atm wrong modules patching+using puad=unstable mfw
    But props for trying, see if you can fix the issues then it will be perfect

esc0rtd3w, sandungas and Louay like this.
  6. 1,100
    habib

habib Developer

Mlt used my files once. His cfw created a folder habib in dev_flash lmao. But his work is great indeed, I didn’t really get pissed because he did great work on ps3.
    .....thanks to his working on bluedisk 4.21 DRM cfw too.......

esc0rtd3w and Louay like this.
  7. 1,571
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    @habib
    So what tool you advice me to use so i can repack pup with no missing ?

8. 9,002
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

That is kind of why I been hard on the guy, because he does not know as much as he should in preparing a CFW for others yet.

I think you have seen it first hand @habib and myself doing it to other's. I am very cautious with new people creating CFW, The reason we have learned from the past in the ps3 scene.. You have to go in with skepticism first and the CFW has to prove itself and eliminate that skepticism and when they can not ( there is the issues and the person needs to prove themselves and correct the mistakes. Mistakes happen its how you own up to them and correct them which will determine if someone is a good dev or not. With CFW its a mixed bag because there is a range. many automated tools and some of you guys may use tools from time to time, but you understand the tool what its doing and its just saving you time from a manual process that you understand RATHER then supplementing your knowledge and doing something that should be known automatically. when louay makes a mistake or have an oversight, there is alot of deflection

I think that is why there is so many levels of CFW devs and the terms should not be loosely fitted and reasons why this work shouldnt be considered a CFW option yet because the person preparing it still not sure who to create a Stable working CFW even yet.. We have not even seen a clean Standard CEX release. Yet we have a broken cobra CFW to prove this is a CFW dev? Like the new blood but the new needs to realize this is not the way to go about it.

FYI @Louay We actually had you banned for some of this week as you may of seen, Was actually a 1 day ban a mod gave you but since you acquired previous bans and various warnings. You had a warning point total that triggers an automatic 30 day ban. So in reality you should still be banned @Louay but we lifted the ban so you could address some of the issues. Also take your time learn and this is a good time to prove yourself, but may i suggest you focus on a Clean/Stable Standard CEX and build from there..

sandungas and littlebalup like this.
  9. 1,571
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    @STLcardsWS i remove the link of cfw and will fix and test all kind of functions iso PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3 after that i will repost again but here in the scene 90% talk hardly and i just read and keep calm early time when you talk about noBD i told you i am not a developer i am just user satisfied with xmb mods,patches.... and want to bring new cfw to scene and i will remove all the stuffs,mods, graphic i will put original ofw rco so visual will be clean ,and thanks for you info :)

Jody_Torres and sandungas like this.
  10. 9,002
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

You have great enthusiasm, just trying to tackle to much at times.. But i think your on the right path just have to wear the right shoes..

Master the creation of a Standard CEX CFW.
    --Once you have your BASE stable you know you have a sound foundation.
    -- From here you can make mods to the Standard CEX and add features from there
    -- Or you can then start to port Cobra to the sound foundation you already created.
    --- This will help you see and understand what is causing issues. from a learning aspect this is good as well.

Then from there you can create the NoBD variants.. You just trying to do to much in the wrong order if that makes sense.

sandungas likes this.
  11. 1,571
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    i will begin one by one test all kind of stuff but here in tunisia i don't BD Movies so i will test PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3 ISOs and send CFW to known users to test it and test BD Movies along with them

12. 116
    SpyroMancer

SpyroMancer Member

I think this is a great opportunity for you @Louay . Give the world a clean Standard CEX cfw, so anyone would have the chance to add mamba payload at least. Then some of the other more experienced devs like Alexander will give a cobra cfw and we will have choices. Most advanced users will go to mamba, more common will use the cobra one. Even a standard cfw, is missing at this point, so don't disrespect it. It's very useful to have one. Like this you build up a reasonable hype level, you have a working base CEX prototype, and you move on to adding cobra. Take it one step at a time. Friendly advice, i'm not a dev my self but i lurk at the forums here cause i too like to try and understand things. Good luck to you mate

Louay and sandungas like this.
  13. 9,002
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

If you going one by one, then beware:

BD/PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3 ISO is not a native Standard CFW CEX

Standard CEX
    -JB format (folder format)
    -PS2 method via PS2 Classic convert w/ placeholder
    ect...

Now ISO features and other cobra feature can be extended to a Standard CEX via a mamba injection
    but in terms of CFW foundation its is not.. Good to test but more of a secondary test as its going to be an app performing the work to add and not a core function of the CFW

Louay likes this.
  14. 15
    Ben_Gh

Ben_Gh Forum Noob

Any link available for the CFW illustrated in the video above?

Can your multiMan be installed on any 4.85 CFW?
    I'm currently using multiMan 4.82 on Cobra CFW 4.85 v5 & it's displaying different firmaware version, the 4.85 hides after installing.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2019
  15. 6,000
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Im trying to be positive, and what i said about the visual style is just a suggestion
    The point is if you need to think in the cfw as a product that can be potentially used by people from all the world, and if you do some visual changes is imposible to satisfy all them

Of course you are free to unleash your creativity doing lot of visual mods, is just your "product" will have an smaller number of users, but this is not a problem really
    You are doing it for fun, so you should do whatever satisfyes you most... if the people doesnt likes it... meh, is his/her problem :P
    Well... it is a problem, because smaller number of users = smaller feedback from users
    So you will have less people advising you about bugs or problems

But they are right in what they are saying, initialy you should focus more in having an stable firmware because people have reported several bugs, so you need to step back and fix them... but this was expected, nobody does it perfect at the first try
    This is why is better to add some warnings in the first post of the thread, because there could be some features broken
    At least it doesnt bricks, this is the most important thing

*Edit:
    And for the visual changes you did... i think you should not remove all them, just review them a bit and wait for the users feedback. If there is something they doesnt likes be sure they are going to tell you (probably in a rude way, get ready for that)

16. 6,000
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Louay, im wondering... what are you using in the coldboot of the first release of anonymous cfw ?
    And, i remember you said in other threads that you have a video capture card, it allows you to record the complete coldboot sequence at 1920x1080 pixels ?

Just to be clear, im not asking you to record it

17. 1,571
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    yes i have elgato HD60 it records little blackscreen first before ps3 boots then coldboot then epilisey message then xmb and yes at 1080p but this month when put my ps3 in 1080p the hdmi splitter led blinks and no screen in pc but when i put it 1080i it works

sandungas likes this.
  18. 5
    Jody_Torres

Jody_Torres Forum Noob

Ok it worked I just used irisman tools file manager then hdd0/ then game then seen the folder BLES80608 and deleted it installed multiman then updated it. Works great thanks for all your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeViL303 likes this.
  19. 5
    Jody_Torres

Jody_Torres Forum Noob

Thanks for all the help DeViL303

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeViL303 likes this.
  20. 182
    Louis Garry

Louis Garry Member

Why not wait for Team Rebug to release 4.85?

DeViL303 likes this.