Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

[ANSWERED] How should i hack my PS3 with Ps3Xploit v2.0 (w/ Flash Writer) or PS3xploit HAN (3.0) ?

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by mickael28, Mar 17, 2018.

1. 7,840
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

1. Your console is NOR based, it does not use NAND. FYI if you use the Flash Writer 2.0 for NAND on your console, no patch will ever be applied to your NOR.
    2. Extracting lv1 & lv2 self from a dump is completely useless in this context. It was never a problem to begin with. If the Flash Memory had been corrupted & required to be fixed, you would not have been able to reboot.
    3. You cannot swap the entire contents of the NOR with the contents of another console's NOR, it would be a guaranteed brick. But why would you even consider doing that anyway?
    4. With the validation results you posted previously, all you had to do was reboot (which you had already done before posting iirc) & install a 4.82 CFW from the XMB. In case of installation error, you were told to reinstall 4.82 ofw & restart the entire Flash Writer 2.0 process from the beginning.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. 3
    xenocracy

xenocracy Member

Search the lev1 and lev2 from my first attempt on my white bricked
    and disposed waste Ps3 CECH-3004A. Have only a dump.hex from before.
    I can not find Lev1+2 on Nor 16MB i have extracted. Look on Side 2
    I have updated my Posting.

Thank You for Answere me

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  3. 7,840
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

I still don't understand.
    I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to do or what you are working on.
    I replied to your post describing the jailbreaking of a slim 2xxx. I gave you advice on completing that process but it had nothing to do with repairing a 3xxx (?) which was badly flashed (?).
    Repairing a badly flashed 3xxx console is off topic here, some threads are dedicated to this problem, you should read them.

4. 44
    Fanhais

Fanhais Forum Noob

when we going to have a flasher for 4.83 not han xploit but a flasher only ? this tool was very good one for avoid opening the ps3 and for ps3 have nand memory i have got in this few weeks a go one 60gb ps3 but i don't have nand flasher i have an progsteek 1.21 i don't know how to flash or read the nand

5. 2
    Cristian Ciobanu

Cristian Ciobanu Forum Noob

This is my first post here :).
    I am trying to follow the steps from the first page and patch my fat CECHC04 (with 4 USBs and card readers) - I guess I need to replace NOR with NAND in the steps; but before that of course I've hit an issue.
    The steps highly recommend to install 4.82 twice. Using the same USB stick which I installed couple of days ago I am trying to do the same and get a 2nd installation but after it scans the USB I get the message "No applicable update data was found".

Worth to mention, after the first ofw 4.82 install, I installed a bigger hard drive.

Do you know how should I get the second install of OFW4.82? A factory reset would help? Or put back the old hard drive and do the 2nd update?

6. 3,709
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Your case is a bit rare because you used same USB stick before, but it looks is the USB stick, something have changed in it

The hdd replacement should not be a problem, actually an additional safety meassure people could do before installing a firmware is to enter recovery menu and use the option "restore filesystem".... or format/replace the hdd
    This way the PS3 does a check of the hdd filesystems and it gives you the confidency that are fine

The firmware installers extracts some files temporally to hdd, so a damaged/corrupted hdd could interrupt the firmware installation and this is what we need to avoid. If this happens while the PS3 is working normally while doing a normal firmware installation then there is no problem because the official firmware have safety meassures to avoid the disaster, but if it happens in the middle of the ps3xploit procedures... well... who knows what could happen ? (this is the kind of thing hard to know and/or to replicate)

But in your case that you have replaced the hdd... you can be sure the hdd filesystems are fine because are fresh made (few days ago) :encouragement:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  7. 2
    Cristian Ciobanu

Cristian Ciobanu Forum Noob

Thanks for the answer, actually I started in Safe mode and the update from there it worked! I will prepare myself and do the big patching, before that I plan to do a dump of the ofw and check it with the python tool just to make sure I am able to use the tool and how the output looks like.

I know is off topic, I installed the 320 GB hard drive but in system information it says only 265 of 298 are free, is the 30 GB difference reserved by the system?

8. 3,709
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I dont remember how much GB are lost but is a lot :/

And you do well in making a dump of the official data before writing, and doing all the dump checks before and after writing, it seems you was reading everything with attention and undertood it well, i bet you will have no problems :)