PS3 Don't use Youtube as main/only source of info for Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by DeViL303, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3,236
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

I understand the reason, but it's not very intuitive... Try to login as a noob and you'll see what I mean ;)

DeViL303 and STLcardsWS like this.
  2. 66
    ps3mastar234

ps3mastar234 Forum Noob

lol still arrogant after so many years, i've done my research enough to see how much of a dirtbag you truly we're before and now! I don't appreciate the doxxing that you and your fuckbuddies did during ps3hax days! Hopefully your day will come bite you right back in the ass someday!

3. 66
    ps3mastar234

ps3mastar234 Forum Noob

The scene SERIOUSLY needs Homebrew right about now so thank you!

4. 1,724
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Sure! Just pick your poison

Itsss knife deliding timee

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  5. 7,080
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    If it was possible to have post new thread button that had a little pop up with most common sections that might be ok. Not sure how hard it is to do in html, but not hard in image editor lol.

upload_2019-4-11_3-27-46.png

STLcardsWS and aldostools like this.
  6. 5,925
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Omg, i missed all the drama and just read it all right now in a single glup, and there are some things i would like to say

First, the tutorial from @MrMario2011 was taken into the table by @shab
    Personally i dont think we should spent time in the forum discussing about how good or bad is an specific youtube tutorial, mostly because there are guides in text format in the forum that are better

Im very used to write stuff in psdevwiki and there are many times where is needed to write steps of a process, or a list of checks, and things like that, and it needs to be the most explicit, short and sometimes redundant posible
    So you try to write it... and after some days you realize there is something new you could add to the list... and 1 week later someone that did read makes you a question because there is a point he did not understood... so you have some feedback and this helps youo to edit it again to improve it, etc... in wikis is an infinite process of editing the "guide" multiple times
    Thats the biggest problem of youtube tutorials, you cant edit them

Since the video was taken here to be discussed... i agree with all critics @DeViL303 made about the video, as far i been reading his critics was "constructive"... and thats something good because is the only way to improve
    Again an exmaple from psdevwiki... if someone writes something wrong... then other user should rewrite it to fix the error and additionally should give a proof that the new text is right. The wiki edits made this way are unbeatables
    1) take down the argument from other editor 2) give a proof that you are right 3) glory
    When that happens... everybody is happy because we are progressing :)
    And no drama, greed, egos or shame involved if posible :)

So... how is the only way to give some feedback to youtube videos ?... by writing in the video comments

7. 1,368
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Good old sandungas, always the voice of reason when the whole situation has become confused and unclear. Salute. :)

sandungas and DeViL303 like this.
  8. 8,977
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Here is my opinion on various things in this thread this is all over the place lol..

1.) @GregoryRasputin i am going to disagree with you here in regards
    • If there is something that can have a brick potential and contain incomplete warnings (for a noob tutorial), What in the world is wrong with making others aware. Why should this be done in private.? How long does it take for him to read it, does other then get a corrupted download or something and failed to check it out? Or would it be wiser if there is maybe just maybe some making a warning at a place they normally post at and where others would see it... We can argue if @DeViL303 could of been more courteous but honestly lets hike up skirts if that is going to be the focus and not the real issue and the lessons to learn from the issue.

1.) @MrMario2011 why a pinned comment? Why not just remove the video? or edit the video?
    Doing best by the channel or user here? That is my concern.. If someone has the video posted in a forum. Do they even see the pinned comment...................... Do best for the user not your own platform. Its something many good sites have to do often for things. When things like that are not done then #4 then becomes a big deal when before it does not. Sometimes its just a matter of perception and not even intent.

I have only had a couple discussions with @MrMario2011 and i think he is a good person. @esc0rtd3w always spoke highly of him as well. But for me there has been many quality videos and mistakes are bound to happen. Where i judge someone and something is how the handle an issue or a problem. That says alot and shows everything. A pinned comment is weak IMO for issues that could resort in a brick. If these videos target noobs and they do, then that is a big deal (and makes the job harder) to get the right info out there kind of goes back to being part of the solution instead of a problem..

but i think @MrMario2011 has good intentions just made a mistake and IMO making a mistake in handling it as well by not really considering the impact it has.

9. 8,977
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

(Pinned comment (warning) is rather useless in this example)

ps3mastar234 and DeViL303 like this.
  10. 7,080
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Also this text does not help either realistically, people are not going to Youtube for that kind of text tutorial., they will see all this text, and ONLY if they click the Show More button, and then a lot of them will think it is a recap of whats in the video, and not even bother to read it.

If you watch a Youtube tutorial on ANYTHING, You do not expect that the important steps are in the middle of this wall of text, and NOT included in the video.. like cmon, Thanks for at least trying, but its not going to be seen by 80% or more is it?

upload_2019-4-10_4-43-58.png

ps3mastar234 and STLcardsWS like this.
  11. 1,200
    esc0rtd3w

esc0rtd3w Developer

Hacker
    Home Page:
    the first 3 minutes of the video does show this site with release thread, and he recommends to check here first for any questions...its hard to believe that our friend with the brick did not "skip" any sections of the video...but i am done with this thread, its too much for me! lol

DeViL303 likes this.
  12. 7,080
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Just to recap, because this must have been one of the strangest exchanges to ever happen, and needs to be saved for all eternity just to show what GR is like and how his grasp on reality is so weak.

So i said this right.
    This is the only thing i said about reporting this video.
    then i joked in the same post:
    My next post on topic was:

Now please see this completely unjustified BS that has nothing to do with reality that GR posted about me,

Just for the laugh, and for the record, as some might have missed this, is it not a great example of someone being a hypocrite completely, to go on at me like this , about going on at someone. talk about the pot calling the kettle black or what.

Anyway, if you want to lock this thread do, i dont care either way, please leave this as final post for everyone to see if you do. I will link to it many times and often either way. lol.

WOW, so my rant/attack is a personal venomously hate filled one that is way below the belt and a very hateful thing to do, and can not even be compared to anything GR has ever done, NOT EVEN COMPARED. I am apparently potentially causing him to lose his channel and his financial income and his livelihood.

I never even watched a mrmario video until today, but its personal now apparently, lololol :D

Also I said these things too, does this sound like venonous hate? :)

about his han tutorial

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    ps3mastar234 likes this.
  13. 437
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Home Page:
    don't quarrel to this thread
    this thread should be remove
    We have to talk with mr mario for remove/edit his video tutorial

14. 263
    GregoryRasputin

GregoryRasputin PlayStationHAX PSX-Place Supporter

Oh you poor, poor little man did you sit up all night thinking of this silly reply, trying to convince people that you didn't lose the plot and over react?

The fact is that you asked people on forum with thousands of visitors to report a video on YouTube, you clearly aren't smart enough to understand that or you are just playing dumb, ill go for not being smart enough, you were dumb enough to reply to me, so that explains a lot.

Non of the bullshit was unjustified and none of it was bullshit, i won't even go into the editing of your own posts.
    1.) You ranted about YouTubers, specifically targetting MrMario, suggesting them not to trust MrMario.
    2.) You then asked people in the thread to report the video.
    3.) When i mentioned that MrMario was good person, you lost the plot and suggested i was only defending him because he is friends with Team Xploit, your tiny brain couldn't grasp the fact that i had already know about him long before Team Xploit were public.
    4.) Then you start attacking and insulting me, questioning if i know English or not, when your grammar and punctuation is fucking AWFUL.
    5.) Then we have the lies you told on the thread.
    a.) Claiming you had no way of contacting him, when you had plenty of ways of contacting him.
    b.) Claiming i dedicated threads to insulting you, nah you were never that big nor important enough for me to waste my time dedicating threads to you, your huge ego may have imagined that i dedicated threads to you, but it never happened.
    6.) You fail to realise that your thread was an over reaction and is something that could be sorted with a tweet or private email, but you had to make yourself feel special and create this thread.

That is the reality regardless of which way you try and twist it.

What i find amusing is you left this final post to me last night:
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/d...fo-for-jailbreaking.23527/page-13#post-171837
    Which was courteous and respectful, one we could have ended the thread with or one i could have responded to in kind, only for you to have a mental break down six hours later and reply to me a second time, this time in a mentally deranged way.

I think the true reality is you need to speak with a professional, it might help :) <3

I and my F%$# buddies did not dox anyone, so perhaps you should do your research better or listen to less lies.
    Thanks for thinking about me though <3

I may be a muppet and whilst i am sucking on my dummy, i will be happy in the fact i didn't brick my PS3 through a fault of my own.

15. 287
    Luisile

Luisile Member

I totaly agree with that. As noob it not very intuitive. Second if something new is released most new user create new thread with question already answered in root thread. There is need for something Like thread " newcomer first read this thread" or something.
    And finaly to Hfw. I think that name hybrid firmware as it its technicaly corect its very misleading especialy for noobs that think and this is proven that they think when they install hfw they can install Cfw direct on it. Maybe corect name would be Efw- exploitable firmware. But this is only my opinion.

aldostools and DeViL303 like this.
  16. 7,080
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    OK, I'm just too filled with venomous hate man. :-p

17. 131
    shab

shab Member

Work from home looking to help others
    @esc0rtd3w

If you watch A Tutorial example bout How to wash a car

You want to see a practical video not a bunch of writing tho the only warning I had seen was when my flash writer had finished and it said

'check usb for flash and see if corrupted then reboot to enable patches and install CFW Of your choice'

(dont know exact wording)

I didn't SEE MrMario2011 do the check the file part So I went ahead and turned my ps3 off he didn't show it but I think it was one of the crucial parts in the video that should be edited and Added the reason I don't think he will make another video bout this cos he afraid his income will cut down with less viewers

DeViL303 likes this.
  18. 263
    GregoryRasputin

GregoryRasputin PlayStationHAX PSX-Place Supporter

Well i am glad you admit it finally.

19. 7,080
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Well, that's not possible with youtube unfortunately, it's like the blockchain, once you put something on Youtube, It can never be changed. I did not know this, but now we know.. :(

20. 131
    shab

shab Member

Work from home looking to help others
    @aldostools

Could you make me a thread called Making CFW I can't seem to make threads as a forum noob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.