PS3 [Help] Rip Game Disc to hdd0 using webMAN MOD function not working?

Discussion in 'webMAN MOD' started by ZeroOne, Jan 27, 2018.

1. 3,980
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
    sorry Aldo for late reply, I checked it but still came up an error. now t may be coping the files properly,i don't think it's copying them all before reading that it's finished

2. 3,260
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

What error did you get? I tried copying a game using the web command from the PC and it worked.

BTW today I uploaded a new build to brewology that also fixes a regression scanning /dev_sd, /dev_ms, /dev_cf

ZeroOne and bitsbubba like this.
  3. 49
    ZeroOne

ZeroOne (Formerly kineticUk)

I used the “copy.ps3/dev_bdvd...” web command earlier today and it seems to be working almost perfectly (copy notification, drive activity and folder/files created) but the copied files all tested as invalid (.IRD) when I tried to create .ISO.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  4. 49
    ZeroOne

Tried using “copy.ps3//dev_bdvd...” web command today but when tested (creating .ISO) these files were also all invalid (.IRD).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  5. 49
    ZeroOne

I’m still trying to create a working copy from disc to HDD using webMAN MOD copy function/web command(s). I’ve used both /dev_bdvd and //dev_bdvd in the web command but after copying completed, trying to load the game failed and checking the folder on PC failed validation (.IRD).

Issue with /dev_bdvd copy encryption/decryption @aldostools?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  6. 49
    ZeroOne

I've been having a further look at the webMAN MOD 1.47.06 disc copy issue:

All files (except PS3UPDAT.PUP) are copied from /dev_bdvd to /hdd0 (disc backup is complete NOT missing files).

The contents of GAME\PS3_GAME\USRDIR are not copied correctly (all files fail validation) and as a result games ripped using wMM are NOT working.

LuanTeles likes this.
  7. 49
    ZeroOne

I wonder if anyone has successfully loaded a game backup created using wMM? I’ve tried to backup a game using wMM on two PS3’s so far but haven’t ended up with a working backup yet (and when comparing the backup created to the games .IRD file, the contents of USRDIR all failed validation).

Another issue which might be related is with the copy function. I would appreciate any advice regarding correct usage because I have found the copy function to be hit or miss using the most recent wMM releases (1.47.08 and prior).

I have managed to successfully copy a file within /hdd0 but have also had failures, are some destination folders locked?

Trying to copy files contained on another volume (usb000 etc) though or from one to another (hdd0 to usb000, usb000 to hdd0, etc) fails every time, am I doing something wrong? Maybe my problem is the PS3 browser? Is the user supposed to be connecting to wMM and calling the copy function from an external advice only?

I hope I haven’t offend aldostools because I do not mean to, I’m just trying to use the copy function where possible and help debug something which might not be working by providing some feedback. Thanks :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018