PS3 IRISMAN {information] - A manager for CFW enabled PS3's (developed by Aldostools) v4.85

An excellent backup manager for the PS3 (CFW) by Aldostools (fork of Iris Manager)

1. 4
    MrZ

MrZ Forum Noob

Stupid newbie question.. :)

Is it possible to have my purchased PSN games show up in Irisman?

I found windows software PSN Liberator which does the trick by converting game to ISO, but that's not really what I'm after.. I'd just like to have all my games show up in the same place so it's easy to choose what to play. :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  2. 3,258
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

Not really, but webMAN MOD has the option "/dev_hdd0/game" in /setup.ps3 that allows to list your PSN games in webMAN Games menu on XMB.

Coldheart2236 likes this.
  3. 4
    MrZ

MrZ Forum Noob

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it. :)

I have another slight problem. I have downloaded "multiman cover pack". All PS3 covers are found nicely, and SOME ps2 covers are found and some aren't.

I first thought it is something to do with ISO file name, but it is not. I can rename the "working" PS2 ISOs whatever and IRISMAN always finds the correct cover.

I looked at the Irisman source file utils.c, there's a function "parse_iso_titleid()" which seems to scan the ISO file to find the title id. It seeks the file to position 0x9320, then reads 0x6000 bytes.. Then that buffer is matched to find SLUS/SCUS/SLES etc.

However in my "non-working" isos the title id is not in that part of the file. I checked one with hex editor and found the first match of correct id in offset 0x82A87... So IRISMAN's scan doesn't reach that far.

I think the function is designed for PS3 ISOs?

There doesn't seem to be any "backup" title_id if this function fails. I checked the "lastgame" file which should contain title_id and path of last game, and the title_id is a zero-sized string. That's why it doesn't find covers.

I could make covers appear by manually copying "filename.JPG" into same directory with the "filename.iso".. But would be great to have this automatic. :)

aldostools likes this.
  4. 3,258
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

Unfortunately I don't have the time to keep adding features to IRISMAN or any other application.

The source code is available on github and I encourage other users (specially the non-programmers that wish to learn) that help to improve IRISMAN like I did with Estwald's project.

SpyroMancer and STLcardsWS like this.