PS3 PS3Xport Tool - Inject backups on 4.83/4.84 OFW

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by lmn7, Nov 22, 2018.

1. 6,083
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Im mentioning it because this thread:
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/found-a-bug-with-ird.26598/

I said that there are some "fake" IRD's (created manually, not with the 3k3y adapter and a original PS3 bluray)
    I think existed since day one, people was dumping the games with multiman and creating the IRD files manually (the warez/piracy scene teams)

Some of you said this was not posible... and now you found a way to do it :rolleyes:

Algol likes this.
  2. 6,083
    sandungas

You mean a program running in PS3 to create IRD files from legit bluray disc games ?. That would be great, and i guess @Zar is going to be interested in including that feature in ManaGunZ :)

Not sure if you prefer to build it as a standalone app, but you could also build it on top of ManaGunZ

Algol likes this.
  3. 292
    jcorrea

jcorrea PSX-Place Supporter

Developer
    I will be really happy if I can help @Zar with ManaGunZ. I will create a fork of ManaGunZ today, but I'm not sure if my skills are enough.

Algol and sandungas like this.
  4. 788
    Zar

Zar Developer

5. 6,083
    sandungas

I just had an additional idea, an option to "send IRD to URL after creation" YES/NO
    And another option to configure the URL by using the on screen keyboard
    By default disabled, and using an empty URL

The goal of this is... theoretically someone could create an online database to host the IRD's, or they could contact with you to allow the managunz users to report his legit IRD's to some databases that already exists like http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/

For all this to work is needed a colaboration in between other people, but by doing what im saying you did your part
    Incase later we realize is needed to add some more info to the IRD transmission (like nickname, timestamp, or other non personal info) it can be implemented later by adding more options, and a "irdhosts.txt"

The point is to keep it open to allow to configure it, is not going to work on day one, but it will be ready :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Algol likes this.
  6. 788
    Zar

Zar Developer

I had the same idea too. But it will be on my own host ... Right now managunz is using http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/ but when it was down I couldnt' fix it. So, it will be easier for me to handle it if it's on my ftp.

7. 6,083
    sandungas

Nice, just a couple of details that comes to mind...

Is needed to prepare something to prevent the database to host "incorrect" IRD files
    Lets say... you and me have the same bluray game, and there is no IRD about it in the database
    My disc is full of fingerprints, scratched, the internal hdd filesystem of my PS3 is destroyed, the hdd have bad sectors, etc... in few words, my IRD is crap
    But i upload the IRD first to the database (so is going to be valid and is going to be acepted in the database because is the only sample of it)... after that you upload your IRD (that is good)
    At this point the databasse have 2 different IRD's, and is imposible to know which one is good
    I think the only way to prevent that problem is by using some kind of counter in the database to see how many people uploaded the same IRD
    Lets say... if there are 7 IRD of a game that are exactly the same... and 1 is different, then the different one is wrong

For the managunz user it would be very handy to have a confirmation after the "send IRD to URL" to inform him/her if the IRD he/she uploaded matches with the other IRD's of that game that already existed in the database. The point is to do things in this sequence
    1) insert bluray disc in the drive
    2) create IRD and send to database
    3) the database replyes with "your IRD matches, your dump is perfect"

This way you are creating an IRD and at the same time you are doing an IRD check... 2 birds in a shot... win win :)

8. 292
    jcorrea

jcorrea PSX-Place Supporter

Developer
    There is also games with same ID, but different structure:
    ie: Killzone 2 (BCUS98116).

Both IRD will be valid.

sandungas and DeViL303 like this.
  9. 7,225
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Good point, Maybe what it could do is keep all IRDs and check against all in database.

So you get back reports like:
    • "Your IRD matches 303 other users: Dump Validated - Certainty 100%"
    • "Your IRD matches 3 other users: Dump Validated - Certainty 99%"
    • "Your IRD matches 1 other user: Dump Validated - Caution - Certainty 50%"
    • "Your IRD matches no other users: Dump NOT Validated - IRD added to database"

Not really much chance of same exact bytes getting corrupted on 2 discs by fingerprints and scratches, no 2 fingerprints are alike after all. :)

Edit: That would not be great either, keeping all bad IRDs. but once there is more than 1 submitted the same, they could be considered possibly valid.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Zar, sandungas and jcorrea like this.
  10. 6,083
    sandungas

Hmm, yes, i guess is needed at least to store 1 copy in the database of all IRD's... or at least the hash of it
    Btw, for the suggested managunz option "send IRD to URL after creation" what you can do is first to send his hash (the hash of the .IRD file)

*remember there are IRD files of up to 15mb in size

This way the transfer is a lot faster, incase exists an IRD in the database with that hash then there is no need to transfer the IRD file... the database could reply with a "your IRD matches with the database" directly
    And incase the IRD hash doesnt matches with any other in the database, then the server replyes with "your IRD is not in the database, do you want to upload it now" ? YES/NO

Dunno, something like that

11. 6,083
    sandungas

Just had another idea to complicate it more (and make it better) :P
    As you mentioned... after 2 identical IRD files has been uploaded to the database by different users we can consider that IRD is legit
    At that point you can create a irdcheck.txt list with the hashes of all this legit IRD's and include it inside the managunz installation

In the same way the actual managunz versions have a complete list of the hashes of all PS2 ISO games (from redump), and you can do a check to a PS2 ISO and managunz tells you if the ISO matches
    The same... but using a list of hashes of the IRD files :P

This way you can do this (offline up to step 4b):
    1) insert real bluray in the drive
    2) create IRD
    3) generate hash of the IRD file
    4) compare the hash of the IRD file with the hashes inside the irdcheck.txt file, if there is a match report a "your dump is valid"
    4b) else... send IRD to the online database

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    DeViL303 likes this.
  12. 202
    NewFile

NewFile Developer

Awesome IRD brainstorming! But there might be something with current implementation of IRD check (just md5 generation perhaps?) of Managunz?

I have GOWIII and after copying it to HDD from the original disc using Multiman I used IRD check of managunz(as the only app that I know that it has this feature its really amazing!!) And for some reason all of file status was "Modified".
    I checked other backed up games and their IRD check was VALID.
    The problem is that manually checking MD5 of files from ird from bplaced site (the very one managunz uses) manually by using MD5 function of webman mod, confirms that it is the very same MD5 but managunz shows Modified.
    Bug or am I missing something?

DeViL303 likes this.
  13. 6,083
    sandungas

Have you took a look if there are several IRD files of that game in bplaced database ?
    I forgot to mention it but as jcorrea said sometimes there are games that was published for different regions with some differences
    The first thing needed to identify this kind of games is to check the APP_VER and VERSION (from inside the PARAM.SFO)
    But thats not enought i guess

It could be happening that managunz just picks the "default" IRD from bplace database automatically... there are other alternatives and your disc matches with one of the alternatives IRD

Not sure, but it would clarify the situation if you download the IRD file manually from PC (incase there are several for your game download all them)
    Managunz can load IRD files from the internal PS3 hdd, if i remember right you can make a folder for them in dev_hdd0/IRD/myirdfile.ird
    And you can copy the IRD also inside managunz instalaltion path itself... dont remember which folder, probably just inside USRDIR
    After that you can disconnect the PS3 from network, and use the option "check IRD", and it should pick the IRD you copyed manually

14. 6,083
    sandungas

Is this path (copyed from main.c)
    Code:
    "/dev_hdd0/game/%s/USRDIR/sys/Check/%s.ird"
    Download the IRD files in PC... then use the filemanager to copy them in that folder, this way you know which one is used for the IRD check

15. 215
    arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Member

Great work , lmn7 ! Have a great holiday season . Do you have a PS4 to work on ? Lol

My question is ..does restoring a backup work from burned bluray disk or just usb ?

16. 2,301
    Berion

Berion Developer

PS4's system backup container is currently unknown, the same as keys used to forge it.

PS3 doesn't seek system backup from anywhere but USB mass storage device.