PS3 PS3Xport Tool - Inject backups on 4.83/4.84 OFW

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by lmn7, Nov 22, 2018.

1. 588
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

Best way to use this tool is by injecting one game at a time, using a clean backup for each game. If you inject multiple large games into a single backup, it will take a very long time to both inject and restore. Not very convenient but eh, can't do anything about it.

DeViL303 likes this.
  2. 23
    RikuNoctis

RikuNoctis Forum Noob

You mean that I need to: make ps3 backup -> inject 1 game into backup -> wait for it to finish -> inject 1 other game into backup -> wait, and so on until restoring to the PS3? Or do I need to backup -> inject -> restore -> then backup again -> inject -> restore and repeat?

3. 10
    WILLIAM1991

WILLIAM1991 Forum Noob

thank you for thread. but i have a problem.
    i downloaded the ZIP Files and Extracted as instructed. i then opened the software and everytime i select the Backup Folder, it displays error saying Invalid Backup Path. This is the path of my backup file (H:\PS3\EXPORT\BACKUP). whenever i select the backup folder, it displays error. please help out
    thanks

4. 588
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

No, what I meant was creating an empty backup from the PS3 with the size of a few MB's. Then, whenever you want to inject 2-3 games or so, create a copy of this backup and inject the games into it. Repeat this process with a copy of the clean backup when you're done playing those 2-3 games and want to inject more.

The only caveat is that if you want to keep your saves you will need to copy them to a flash drive, as restoring a backup wipes the HDD. Alternatively you can inject however many games you want to, but as I said, this will become a very slow process when dealing with backup data >100GB or so.

RikuNoctis likes this.
  5. 588
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

You need to select the folder with the archive.dat files inside, not the BACKUP folder.

6. 10
    WILLIAM1991

WILLIAM1991 Forum Noob

i am an ultimate noob in this, but can you assist me in this. make a video or something. it will help us somehow

ooooh thanks much

7. 23
    RikuNoctis

RikuNoctis Forum Noob

I see, thanks a lot. It works perfectly. I already injected Lords of Shadow 2 and Drag-On Dragoon 3, and they show up without problems.

Is it possible to also inject the DLCs I have on my 4.70 PS3 from my 4.83 PS3? DOD3 has 5, while Lords of Shadow has around 4, which aren't a problem on my 4.83 PS3 as it seems I can DL them normally and they seem to work.

8. 1
    Mew-Pie

Mew-Pie Forum Noob

Managed to get Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (EUR) working through the exploit. Thank you, OP.

[​IMG]

lmn7 and pinky like this.
  9. 588
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

Yes you can inject your DLC's, you will need to create DLC fixes for each of them, then inject them into the backup. I'm not sure if I can discuss doing that here even though you do own the content, but there are various tutorials online for creating DLC fixes.

RikuNoctis likes this.
  10. 23
    RikuNoctis

RikuNoctis Forum Noob

I see. Based on the options of your tool I was under the impression that you could take a backup with my DLC, extract said DLC, and then I could inject it along with the game onto another backup. I didn't mess with it though as I fairly new to all of this and dont really know everything.

I'll search a bit more if you can't talk about it and see if I can actually do it. So far your tool has worked perfectly, thanks a lot. ^^

lmn7 likes this.
  11. 588
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

You can extract & inject the DLC files into another backup and you may want to instead of re-downloading it on your PC, but the license files are tied to console & account so you will still need to create DLC fixes. If they weren't, piracy would be even more rampant than it is now as you would have people sharing their HDD/backups with friends for free content.

RikuNoctis likes this.
  12. 647
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

Is there a tutorial for this? This looks like a great method for people who arent on 4.82 han.

13. 23
    RikuNoctis

RikuNoctis Forum Noob

I see. I've read a bit about this, but I still don't know everything about the process. Someone shared with me this tutorial here on the forums, specifically the "part 5" which mentions the PS3 games and DLC. Does that tutorial apply to the DLC for this tool? Or is the process different based on the fixes you mention?

BTW, I wanted to ask, does the tool let me inject a game to a backup so I can replace that same game because it was converted erroneously? I ask because it takes a bit of time to make another backup (or the backup of a backup) , and I was wondering if the tool can inject and replace previously injected files to ease the process.

14. 588
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

The DLC part of that guide will only work on 4.82 because it requires HAN to be activated for the DLC to work. I know how confusing all of this conflicting information can be, I'll try to explain what needs to be done.

So, DLC's use EDAT license files for activation. To make a DLC fix, you need to extract the DLC contents from your backup, including this EDAT file. You will also need the accompanying RAP file which decrypts the EDAT, you can get this by converting the corresponding RIF license file within your backup (found inside the user's exdata directory) to RAP, using a tool called RIF2RAP. However, you can only do this if you have your IDPS. If you don't have your IDPS, there are other ways of obtaining the RAP file, but I can't discuss it here for obvious reasons.

In any case, if you have the RAP file, you can use a tool called make_npdata to decrypt the EDAT. Now you will need to re-encrypt the EDAT as free content, to save the time and frustration of trying to figure this out yourself, I'd suggest just using an automated tool like TrueAncestor EDAT Resigner to do this. Once you have the resigned EDAT file, inject it in the place of the old one and you're good to go.

About the re-injection of games, it is possible. Just create an archive index and grab the path to the game directory, then use the "delete directory" option within the tool and paste the path where /dev_hdd0/ is. You can now re-inject the game, but keep in mind, this doesn't really "delete" the files, it just renames them to dummies... so they still occupy space and take time to restore to the PS3.

RikuNoctis and bguerville like this.
  15. 23
    RikuNoctis

RikuNoctis Forum Noob

Yeah, from the little bits I've read 4.82 would be the ideal FW to be as my PS3s are not CFW capable. Oh, well. Your tool works anyway even if it's for a limited amount of games from what I've read in the compatibility list. Does HAN let you play even more games than those from the list or it simply makes the process easier?

I still need to learn a lot of things, like the terms and files detailed in tutorials as some still escape me. lol

Ah, I see. I just read about the RAP files and now I can see why this isn't discussed and seems confusing at first (I didn't really know what RAP means or does until now). Guess I'll need to read more threads about it until I can understand everything correctly, and not cause problems here and there.

Awesome explanation. Now I can more or less understand what gets changed. Basically, the only thing that gets "replaced" is the EDAT file, leaving the the rest of the files as they are, right?

I see. Well, it's good to know anyway is the process may take a lot of time for files over 100GB like you said (around 6 hours for me on a 96GB backup file).

I have only encountered 1 problem; after transfering Resident Evil 5 I get error 80010006 on Drag-On Dragoon 3 saying "AN ERROR OCCURRED DURING THE START OPERATION (80010006)". This only occurs with this game though; before injecting Resident Evil 5 the Drag-On Dragoon 3 game worked fine (I could install game data, play my completed save file, etc.). The other injected backups run fine.

I tested this 2 times already with working backups. I made a backup before injecting RE5, which lets me run DOD3 without issues, but after injecting RE5 into that backup it gives me that error when trying to run DOD3 only. Any ideas?

16. 3
    nfsvicio

nfsvicio Member

I have a question regarding the games they already have in the backup. I have about 10 games that unfortunately I lost their license, I was wondering if there is possibility, to extract the games from the backup and put the license and then inject them again in the backup?
    Another question, is this method of injecting games via backup there is a risk of taking ban on the console even using the internet or playing online?

17. 12,016
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I believe you need the license in order to decrypt those games. bruteforcing them would take years.

18. 588
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

HAN is much better than this "method", it allows you to play all PSN content because it's a digital DRM (NPDRM) license hack.

Correct.

This isn't necessarily an issue with the tool, I think a lot of people misunderstand what the tool is actually doing. The cause of this issue is that when you create fresh backups from the PS3, it resets the trick we use to get the license files on there in the first place. Injecting files applies this trick, so what you can do is extract the license (EDAT) files from the backup and re-inject them.

I'm currently in the process of updating the tool, fixing issues and stuff like this, so this will no longer be necessary when the update comes.

If the licenses are EDAT files and they're in your backup, you can extract & re-inject them like I said above. I can't say anything about bans with certainty, but I haven't heard of anybody receiving bans from using this method.

RikuNoctis likes this.
  19. 7
    own_idea

own_idea Forum Noob

I made an account to just thank you, thanks a lot. You saved me a lot of money.

20. 23
    RikuNoctis

RikuNoctis Forum Noob

Ah, I see. I did read a bit about it but I was under the impression it was the same thing but easier. Too bad I'm on 4.83, though. :P

I see now. So this is why DOD3 doesn't work. So, if I understand correctly, I can just put the EDAT that I already have from DOD3 in the injection folder, without the other files from the game, and inject it into the backup that already has the game but without said EDAT (hence the error code) so the game can run correctly?

Looking forward to your updated tool. Thanks a lot. ^^