SEN Enabler - Tutorial & Latest Releases 6.2.2

PS3 Homebrew Utility that conatins many functions such as CFW spoofing and CFW syscalls disbaling

1. 1,266
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

Any chance to update download resource to 6.2.2?
    In 1st post description everything is fine
    but when I "hit" download, it is downloading ver 6.2.0.

STLcardsWS likes this.
  2. 8,727
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

jolek likes this.
  3. 37
    T.D.

T.D. Forum Noob

@Evilnat ["ENHANCEMENT"] Documention 6.22
    The documentation in the initial post is not always 100% clear, some formattings make it hard to read and also uses different names than used in the actual program.
    Here are my suggestions, would be nice if you could consider them for your next update of the program or documentation.

Thanks for all your work.
    T.D.

"Patching: PSID, ConsoleID & MAC"
    • Looks like it was accidentially split up in two tabs.
      Can this be avoided, so it is on a single tab?
    "Additional Features" - "This is how you enable and disable SEN/PSN access"
    • It refers to "Spoof Options" twice while it is "SEN/PSN Options" in the program > adapt documentation.
    • Put this paragraph after "Show PS3 information".
      Then add the note that the current status can be checked via "See PS3 data".
    "Additional Features" - "Show PS3 information"
    • The description of this point is split over the two "Additional Features" tabs.
      Can this be avoided, so the description is on only one tab?
    • Also the title differs from the program's menu point "See PS3 data" > either adapt program or documentation.
    "Additional Features" - "Hide data"
    • Add the note that after choosing OFW mode a reboot is necessary to access CFW features and homebrew again (including SEN Enabler).
    • Also the title differs from the program's menu point "Hide info" > either adapt program or documentation (suggestion "Hide CFW data/information").
    "Additional Features" - "Delete files"
    • Also the title differs from the program's menu point "Delete history files" > adapt documentation.
    "Advanced Mode (Quickly patch)"
    The sentence "This option is activated while SEN Enabler is started..." can be misleading for users (at least for me as a non-native speaker):
    I always started SEN Enabler and then pressed R2 in the main menu, but never heard a beep.
    It took severals hours for me to understand that I have to press the combinaton when I start SEN Enabler and not when it has started.
    Suggestion: "These shortcuts can be activated by holding the corresponding button while starting the SEN Enabler app and holding the button until the beep".

Missing information how to go online
    A short paragraph how to go online (not a plain explanation of the features) would reduce questions in the thread.
    e.g. something like in post #121
    • Start SEN Enabler
    • Check that SEN access is enabled via "See PS3 data"
      • If not, then enable it via "SEN/PSN Options" and reboot
    • If necessary enter your backup manager to select the game you want to play
    • In SEN Enabler execute any necessary patches, "Delete history" and "Hide info" (OFW recommended), then exit
    • Connect to PSN at your own risk
    • Play

sandungas likes this.
  4. 37
    T.D.

T.D. Forum Noob

I also have some additional questions, mainly to verify my understanding:
    • The SEN Enabler plugin is just an alternative to the SEN Enabler app.
      All features are the same, but can be accessed quicker via the VSH.
    • The hint to block some URLs via a proxy (e.g. Charles Proxy) is just an additional security measure, especially when playing "backup" or modded games. When only using purchased content it should not be any risk.
    • Changing to another user on the PS3 does not nullify OFW mode and deleted history files.
      I am using a dummy user to start all homebrews. When going online I use SEN Enabler with the dummy user to clean-up, then switch to my real account to access PS Store.
    Is this all correct, or am I wrong in some of these?

Thanks in advance
    T.D.

5. 61
    Kazama

Kazama Forum Noob

I have PS3 IDPS.hex and ACT.dat from my previous super slim model and please tell me i wanted to use them to spoof my current PS3 CFW so that i shouldnt get ban with my original ids.

6. 8
    Chiiku

Chiiku Forum Noob

Aww man, I wish I read that before I try all by myself. Well, now I don't know why the ps3 didn't want to boot correctly after I spoof 9.99. It just appeared to be black screen and nothing seems to be happen. Can somebody help me?