Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

[Tutorial] [PS3HEN] The Great Ps3 HEN All in One Guide

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by Fin9ersMcGee, May 23, 2019.

1. 1,429
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

You're welcome :)

2. 3
    TastyZero

TastyZero Forum Noob

Hello, sorry to bother, trying to follow this tutorial to upgrade my OFW 4.82 but I'm having this exact same issue, only thing is that the PS3 doesn't seem to recognize the USB anywhere, but in my PC is completely fine, showing is MBR and FAT32, with the HFW 4.85.1 provided here, but still can't find the USB drive anywhere on the XMB.

Pretty sure my USB pendrive is 2.0 and there are zero partitions on it, so this didn't helped. Should I get a new Pendrive for this? Thanks in advance.

3. 4
    Shah1761

Shah1761 Forum Noob

bro i faced the same problem.The solution is u have to format the usb with latest rufus.just make it non bootable and fate32 and format.It helped me as well as many other

DeViL303 likes this.
  4. 4
    Shah1761

Shah1761 Forum Noob

i could not activate my account on 4.84 with proxy method.Now i want to update to 4.85 and then perform hen exploite.does webman mod work on 4.85 hen?if i update to 4.85 will my backup and save game deleted?

5. 1,429
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Hey, it sounds like it might the the USB drive itself. I had this issue using an old memory stick I had laying around, but then I tried a new-ish one I'd recently bought and it worked immediately. Granted, it was for applying the hex patch for CFW with the flash writer, but trying a different USB drive can remedy the situation immediately, so I'd suggest doing that :)

6. 3
    TastyZero

TastyZero Forum Noob

Thank you so much for this! Followed your instructions and now my USB got recognized! Couldn't install it directly tru XMB but Recovery Mode got it no problem! Now I can follow the rest of the tutorial, thanks a lot again!

Shah1761 and DeViL303 like this.
  7. 3
    TastyZero

TastyZero Forum Noob

Hello again, I sadly stumbled upon another issue. With HEN already installed, every time I go and try to enable it, the web screen just goes white and nothing happens, no matter how much I wait or retry. I'm trying to reinstall HAN and HEN also to no avail, every time I access the website and click stuff nothing happens. Checked some tutorials and googled for it but nothing useful came up.

I'm honestly lost at this point, I should give up. What do I do in cases like this? Should I factory reset the console and try again? Any leads would be helpful. Been trying to do this for 3 days to no avail. Thanks!

8. 1,429
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

This might sound obvious, but have you checked that JavaScript is enabled in the PS3 web browser?

9. 3
    Nilo Ang

Nilo Ang Forum Noob

got error on installing HEN... it says status code 520... any idea how to fix?

10. 100
    Vedita BR

Vedita BR Member

---
    Home Page:
    how to install PKGs with ps3netserv?

11. 3
    azraeluk

azraeluk Forum Noob

Hi all,

I'm running version 4.85 of the system software already, should I be able to use this process to get HEN?

I've re-installed OFW 4.85 and then gone through the system update to HFW. This appears to install successfully - i.e. no error messages. When my ps3 reboots and I check system information it says I am on 'system software version 4.85' - no mention of HFW, but I'm not sure if it is supposed to look any different?

Assuming (dangerous!) things are going as they should be I then do the act/idps step - all fine. Then I come to install HEN via the website.

My browser is set to close without prompt, visiting the hen/installer URL immiedately downloads a PS3HEN.p3t file. When download completes I only have the 'back' option. I click this and am on the hen webpage. What should be happening here? I assume the downloaded file should have auto-run? It hasn't.

Before I proceed with alternative install options I wanted to stop and check the previous steps are working correctly - I don't think they are.

The step by step instructions are for the 4.84 version, and I'm just replacing with 4.85, should that even work or should I be doing something else? Should I be trying to initially downgrade OFW to 4.84 (is that even possible?)

Apologies for so many questions, I really have tried following the instructions as best as I can before coming to ask. Any help very much appreciated.

12. 6
    jojomihijo

jojomihijo Member

ps2 now is very cheap,, in my country i can get for 15 bucks with modchip /hardisk 40gb

13. 26
    solstic3

solstic3 Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  14. 147
    remlei

remlei Member

dont bother, its super slow.
    the only fast thing about ps3netsrv is running iso games, other than that, both pkg and jailbrek format games are slow in transfer rate.

Vedita BR likes this.