Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Whats up with Tomb Raider 1 & 2??

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by Major_Pothead92, Nov 22, 2019.

1. 1,765
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  2. 361
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

I gave that a read through and got Python && SoundForge 11 setup. Extracted the script from Sayed etc. My problem right now is I can't quite figure out how to extract / obtain the WAV files that need to be converted?? I have Tomb Raider - Greatest Hits in its normal multi-bin format and the single BIN / CUE I generated with PowerISO. Can't figure out how to get the WAV files out of either? Any solution as to how to do this?

Also, do you got a link yet for the CDDA tool you listed in another thread? That one sounds a bit more user friendly. There's like no clear information on how to use Sayed's method, other than run the script with the generated eboot. The other method of that thread requires wayyyyyy too much effort and careful reading (Not that I'm lazy, but I can be pretty fkn lazy lol.)

3. 361
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

**Update**

I figured everything out and using the python script I was able to get the CDDA working in the eboot. Made my PKG and voila, Tomb Raider now has the CDDA / Music that was missing. Wasn't as big of a pain as I expected, apart from actually getting everything needed setup.. Worse part was renaming / removing the space from each Track (there were 55 of them)

So it seems this is the only solution to get Tomb Raider 1 & 2 working perfectly. Using one of these CDDA conversion methods and building your own PKG.. BIN / CUE will black screen, adding the PPF patch will solve the black screen but the CDDA will still be missing. Didn't test burning the backups to another disc, but I really can't see how that solves anything if the original discs themselves don't even work.

CFW1971 likes this.
  4. 125
    CFW1971

CFW1971 Member

Hi Major
    I need to talk to you concerning theses 3x games only
    PS1 Tomb Raider I-II and GTA 1 (only theses 3x games!)
    Could you PM me please ?
    Currently waiting for your reply

5. 1
    Louk

Louk Forum Noob

Hi (NOOB HERE)
    Can you share the details about your solution?
    i have no idea what steps to follow to play TR1 and TR2...
    Thanks in advance

6. 125
    CFW1971

CFW1971 Member

So yeah to get these games to work you have to extract the .wav files from the bin / cue using something like isobuster and then convert them to aa3 using Sony Sound Forge (payware application, there are crack's available though.) once you convert them with Sound Forge you use a python script that injects the audio tracks into the EBOOT.PBP you have created. Then you just finish building your PKG and your game should have working music (Should be the same for GTA or any game that doesn't have working CDDA.)Here's the link to the thread I used to figure out how to do all of this https://www.psx-place.com/threads/p...ti-disc-support-by-most-hated.10031/#comments (take note of the settings used in Sound Forge.)

or read thread here :
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/p...data-files-on-xmb-internal-memory-card.28582/

Louk likes this.
  7. 1,630
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

The only success I've had with getting Tomb Raider II working on the PS3 is the PS one Classic from the PS Store. My old game disc, which I've since misplaced, never did work on the PS3.

I've not yet tried making an ISO with PSN Liberator, but I may give it a try just to see if it works using either ps1_emu or ps1_netemu from webMAN MOD. The latter should work in theory, since installed PS one Classic games use this same emulator.

CFW1971 likes this.
  8. 125
    CFW1971

CFW1971 Member

PLEASE are you able to try/test it out with the PAL (F) version of it too ?
    ...Im dying wanting to play this game in my language , would be so awesome...
    Currently waiting for your answer

9. 1,630
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

I currently don't own any disc-based versions of the game, just the PS one Classics which I bought from the European PS Store (since I'm in the UK), so I don't have the means to test out any game discs since I don't own any.

10. 125
    CFW1971

CFW1971 Member

No problem pal!

I assume your version is in english only ?

11. 1,630
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

I just checked - yeah, no language options at all I'm afraid. Does a French language version of Tomb Raider II actually exist, with French text and voice acting? I genuinely curious as I honestly can't ever remember seeing any versions of the game apart from English lol

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  12. 1,765
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

13. 361
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

I wrote that lmao.

But yes, it's a bit of a headache and soundforge isn't freeware. But if you do the conversion and build your own PKG the games will work as they should. Otherwise just get the PSN versions. CBA to do a step by step, careful reading should suffice here!